2020 Japan Nationals - Men SP

Sylvia

TBD
Yuto KISHINA, age 19 (Jr. 4th & 7th at NHK) - 3A fall, big 1Lz pop (even held the landing!), 3Lo+3T - he's had a ton of international experience: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00034884.htm
61.28 into 10th (one spot away from qualifying for FS)

ETA:

Kazuki KUSHIDA is currently in 2nd - Jackie Wong tweeted that his jumps were 3A, 3Lo, 3Lz3T.

Last edited:

skateboy

Furuya: I LOVE the collar! Okay, the jumps failed you and you did a 2Axel. But I appreciated the Ashley Wagner shoulder shimmy.

Into last with 47+. Keep practicing!

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
Everything about this--hair, blouse, expression, jump landings--screams Josh Groban. And in the spirit of the holidays, I accept it.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
This was not my cup of tea, but I thought it was well choreographed to the music

skateboy

Hasegawa: skating to Anthem. Okay, he's no Sota Yamamoto, but he expressed the music as best he could. Nice program, if underwhelming. His shirt needed to fit better.

denise3lz

Kao MIURA is youngest Japanese skater to land quad in competitions
both domestically (Eastern Section 2018, 13 years 4 months) and internationally (JGP Riga 2019, 14 years 3 months).

skateboy

Nakano: skating to Beethoven's 5th in a string quartet version going into hard rock... blasphemous! But a good skater, I loved it!

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
Oh. was it two cellos? I credited a string quartet... but you are probably right.
I would defer to your knowledge of classical music and instruments.

I play ukulele, theremin, and vinyl records.

Unrelated: I'm going to do PBP for the last two groups, and as a warning, I have consumed a hint of alcohol tonight.

skateboy

I would defer to your knowledge of classical music and instruments.

I play ukulele, theremin, and vinyl records.

Unrelated: I'm going to do PBP for the last two groups, and as a warning, I have consumed a hint of alcohol tonight.
Understood. I am verging on drunk from JW Green. :cool:

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
Mitsuki Sumoto
(please forgive jump ID errors in drunken holiday PBP)
Roman gold loaf of bread glitter top
The Feeling Begins
3A the falling begins
EGYPT
3F3T Cleopassion
3Z asp you like it
Footwork - the flailing begins
EGYPT
Well, it was better than Zagitova's program to this music

skateboy

Sumoto: I feel like he's trying hard to make the transition into "adult" skating, but not quite making the mark. It's just not soup yet. Keep going!

mjb52

This is bringing back painful memories of failing my second semester Japanese class in high school. All that's left is counting from 1-6 and the verbs for "to eat" and "to drink" although I did re-take it eventually in order to graduate.

skateboy

Sato: beautiful music, choreography has almost nothing to do with what he's putting forth. He's a good skater... some issues, we'll see.

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
Shun Sato
It sounded like the announcer said he skates for "Gucci Corporation"
Daniil G would approve
Sheerly buckaneerly top
4T
Some weird Pirates of the Caribbean deep album track
Not sure about combo--3Z3T step out
3A
Lightning FX
Piano pirrrrrrrates
Grabs something
Pulls out sword
So many sound FX yasssssssss
Swash that buckle

Sylvia

TBD
Shun SATO Fuji Corporation [E1; NHK, 5th] 4T high! 3Lz+3T step out, 3A - 83.31 into 1st!

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
Tanaka
I can't believe that's called a top
Hip hip 3S pop pop
The subject of tonight's lecture is
(3A)
Han Han Yu Yu
Sho Sho Ma Ma
The Yu
The Ma
The Pooh
The Pooh
3F3T
Ee Ee
Yore Yore
Kan Kan
Ga Ga
Roo Roo

Last edited:

mjb52

YES, he is 26. My Russian is better than my Japanese (obviously that isn't saying much, given my previous post).

It took me until a few months ago to understand the difference between Hip Hip Chin Chin and Sing Sing Sing and I'm still not sure I have a solid grasp on Sing Sing Sing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information