2020/21 Junior Grand Prix Dates & Locations (from ISU Communication 2289 - Decisions of the Council)

Sylvia

TBD
https://www.isu.org/inside-isu/isu-communications/communications/22408-isu-communication-2289/file

The Council approved the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Calendar for the season 2020/21 as follows:

August 26-29, 2020 Richmond / CAN (including Pair Skating) - first held there in 2018
September 2-5, 2020 Kosice / SVK (including Pair Skating) - held there in 2013
September 9-12, 2020 Budapest / HUN - last held there in 2009
September 16-19, 2020 Shinyokohama / JPN - held there in 2016
September 23-26, 2020 Ostrava / CZE (including Pair Skating) - held there in 2018, 2016, 2014, 2013, 2010...
September 30-October 3, 2020 Tashkent / UZB (including Pair Skating) *first time JGP location; had bid for 2022 Jr. Worlds
October 7-10, 2020 Ljubljana / SLO - held there in 2018, 2016, 2014

Link to discussion re. the new Program Components Working Group: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...roposals-reaction.102100/page-15#post-5665356

Last edited:

Colonel Green

About time the JGP returned to Japan.

I'm surprised at no Russian JGP, after what a huge success Chelyabinsk was.

Also glad that we're keeping up on having a North American JGP each season, third year running.

oleada

About time the JGP returned to Japan.

I'm surprised at no Russian JGP, after what a huge success Chelyabinsk was.

Also glad that we're keeping up on having a North American JGP each season, third year running.

Agreed on all points - I'm surprised Russia didn't bid for one; and kind of sad for the skaters, as JGP Chelyabinsk was such a packed audience for the skaters. I totally expect that Canada & Japan JGPs will have nice audiences, though.

Frida80

Budapest and Uzbekistan? I love it! There so many diverse locations next year. I’d gotten used to the pluarity being in Europe with only one exception, using the same rinks over and over. I hope Ted can interview Misha in Uzbekistan as well.

kalamalka

Yes, it's a (nice) surprise to see 3 non-European JGPs in one year. And great to have it back in Richmond. Incredible travel routing for Ted and co., though!

kalamalka

Agreed on all points - I'm surprised Russia didn't bid for one; and kind of sad for the skaters, as JGP Chelyabinsk was such a packed audience for the skaters. I totally expect that Canada & Japan JGPs will have nice audiences, though.
The last time there was one in Japan it sold out, IIRC. Richmond last year had a good audience, although not full - and that with short notice/prep time.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I'm selfish in preferring the European venues because they are most convenient for watching from the US eastern time zone, but good for fans elsewhere to have some diversity

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information