2020...2021 Eurovision - Let's Go Dutch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Oh my god I remember that so well - i can probably do most of Terry Wogan's commentary over the top of that word for word :lol:

Well that's it for work for today, i know what i'm doing for the rest of this afternoon :rofl:
“Soon you’ll know who’ll be the best
In the Eurovision Song Contest” :D

my little pony

polishing Madison Hubbell's OGM
Americans, whether you like it or not you are getting your own song contest in 2022.

I'm sure we will ruin it like everything else

as for real Eurovision, are we not voting because Cyprus is finally competitive? I put in years calling from Nicosia

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight

as for real Eurovision, are we not voting because Cyprus is finally competitive? I put in years calling from Nicosia
Cyprus was second in 2018. ;)

As for the voting, I had suggested that we just do a straight vote on all 39 countries, but I haven't received any votes so :lol:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Americans, whether you like it or not you are getting your own song contest in 2022.

Well, it's NBC, so... My expectation is this is going to be some mash-up of how NBC approaches its Olympic broadcasting
and The Voice/American Ninja Warrior style reality tv competition production, with a dash of beauty pageant state/territorial pride. So, lots of state flag waving? Which won't be nearly as awesome as it is for Euros because so many US state flags are indistinguishable from each other. Granted, the same could be said for Europe but sovereign states > individual US states.

I'm really curious to see how they (Eurovision and NBC) structure the voting for this. I assume they want it to be something similar to how it's done with the real Eurovision. Can't wait to see the ringers that the Northern Marianas, Guam, South Dakota, Vermont, etc bring in for this - like, will we hear about how someone's granddad served on Guam during the 2nd World War or how their family moved to California from the Midwest during the Dust Bowl when we get the inevitable fluff/sob stories about each state/territory's contestants? :rofl: /I might have suffered through a few too many Olympics/Voice "human interest" bits during my lifetime.

I have a feeling this might wind up being summer tv fare - The Voice is moving to one cycle per season next year (no fall cycle) so I'm expecting we'll see lots of commercials and ads promoting this show's debut next spring.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Cyprus was second in 2018. ;)

As for the voting, I had suggested that we just do a straight vote on all 39 countries, but I haven't received any votes so :lol:
I gave my top ten on April 12 th, although maybe i should have waited to watch the official rehearsals? What format do you want?

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
With the restrictions getting less and less we'll be having a small ESC party with a couple of friends. I have already prepared the ESC-Bingo cards and the effects we are going to draw for the drinking game "effect drinking".
We'll also make nice snacks from all over Europe (okay, German bread with a special sausage from my hometown and Russian piroshki with chanterelles and rice-filling, maybe some little pizzas) and I am extremely looking forward to that.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
So a member of the Polish delegation tested got a positive covid test yesterday and the whole delegation is in quarantine. Today a member of the Icelandic delegation got a positive test result and are in quarantine. Sharing the same hotel are Polish, Icelandic, Romania and Malta delegations. None of the four delegations will attend an event tonight and are all getting tested :(

eta to add link:

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I read in the Icelandic delegation is wasn't any of the performers but of course they all got tested again and are waiting for the results. Their spokesperson said the all whole delegation got the Janssen vaccine about 10 days ago before they left for Rotterdam but it takes up to two weeks of course to reach that 67% threshold. They are certain the person who tested positive picked it up there so but they are staying positive and hoping it will be fine to perform live. Said they all knew they were flying to a country on the red list so this was always a risk and say they have been following all the guidelines so it was still a surprise.

From the different forums I have looked at I don't think the contest has been has careful as some of the skating competitions we have seen. This is two countries in the same hotel in the same semi-final so somewhere that bubble has been burst.

Fingers crossed for Daði's wife as she looks quite far along in her pregnancy and it seems to hit pregnant women hard.

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
Well I hope Italy and France won't catch it. And that Iceland will be able to perform at the jury show tonight but I think they won't. Oh well. Two out of three is good so far.

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Well I hope Italy and France won't catch it. And that Iceland will be able to perform at the jury show tonight but I think they won't. Oh well. Two out of three is good so far.
Iceland is in semi-final 2 so their jury show is on Wednesday night. Same for Poland but they got their results back already and all are negative. Iceland still waiting for their results. The positive test was using the rapid tests on Sunday, then they got a PCR test and are waiting on those results.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
If anyone comes up with a link for Canada please let me know. I will also try and use vpn as usually have to watch it the day after and would like to watch it live
Can you watch it on the Eurovision YouTube channel?

Sylvia

TBD

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
I just had a quick look at Thursday’s songs - Finland sounds good too! :rockstar: looking forward to it.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
I don’t think the “big 5” should get a free pass to the final.. they should change that

Finnice

I will PM my votes tomorrow after SEMI 2. The songs are quite different in the live performance.
This is absolutely something I need right now. And we are indeed having a party chez amis on Saturday night. Of course respecting the current **** rules.
I wish I had something very tasteless to wear. At least I can have high heels and lots of makeup. Lipstick, here we come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information