2019 World Athletics Championships - Those Who Can Doha

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
Men's Shot put continues the impressive show, just two rounds and what we have?

Tomas Walsh first at the moment 22.90 Championship Record, 4th in the all time list and best in 29 years

Darlan Romani of Brazil 22.53 second

Olympic champion Ryan Crouser 22.36 third

But I think they have still more to show

Last edited:

Braulio

Men 4x400m Relay

Colombia 2nd in the first semifinal!! qualifying to the final and to the Olympics next year with a National Record

After the silver yesterday I don't think a medal for them in the relay final at this world champs is out of reach, it looks they are very solid as a quartet overall and indeed are ultra motivated.

Their Gold at the Pan Am Games wans't a fluke at all

Braulio

Ryan Crouser 22.71 metres and goes 2nd in the shot put

Sifan Hassan wins the 1500m with 3.51!! incredible times of all the finalist, National Records, Personal Bests, American Record! wow this race was superb!

Laura Muir 5th with a SB, I guess BBC team is depressed

And Yulimar Rojas jumps 15.37 Metres in the Triple Jump.... can we have a WR ???

Braulio

Joe Kovacs Throws 22.91 metres in the final round and jumps to FIRST!! New Championships Record

WOW!

Braulio

And now Ryan Crouser 22.90!!! Second because on throws... but Walsh to come but fouls

Wow the best Shot Put Final I have ever seen, to be 4th with 22.53 poor Romani

USA 1-2: Kovacs Gold, Crouser Silver and New Zealand takes the Bronze

INCREDIBLE!

Braulio

And the great night continues

Obiri wins the 5000m Final with 14.26.72 Championship Record!

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Coverage is switched to NBC in the US, so we’re getting replays of stuff just shown on Oly Channel. They haven’t broken in with the DQ info.

Lorac

GB make the men's 4x400m final due to Botswana being DQ'ed!!!! Not sure they deserved it but there it is!!!

Braulio

Coverage is switched to NBC in the US, so we’re getting replays of stuff just shown on Oly Channel. They haven’t broken in with the DQ info.

And now word is that the USA have submitted a protest to that, but who knows now??? relay is just in 10 minutes!

Braulio

USA is on track so they won the appeal.

I think Brazil will win this

Braulio

Wow american survived the relay! new National Record 37.10

GB Silver with European Record

Japan bronze with Area Record

Brazil 5th with also Area Record

Netherlands National Record

Braulio

Can you imagine next year the 200m in Tokyo? if schedule allows and of course if they qualify to, we could have Noah Lyles, Christian Coleman and Michael Norman in that race!

Braulio

Women & Men 4x100m Relay Finals

Shot Put Final WATCH final round!!

Women 1500m Final

Women 5000m Final

Last edited:

SpeedySucks

After a really slow start to these Championships, the last three days have been incredible. The race of the event for me has been Eid Naser’s 48.14 in the 400m, which to me is the legitimate world record since the only two times that are faster are from doped up Eastern Bloc athletes from the 80s. But the men’s shot put today (3 people throwing further than anyone has since 1990), women’s 400m hurdles, and several distance events have been just as good. Most of the athletes setting these records are young, too, which means that the next 5 years will be very exciting to watch.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Very happy with Desisa winning the marathon. He has a special place in Boston’s heart.

ilovepaydays

Men’s 1500m coming up: Can anyone take on Cheruiyot? Teen wonder Jakob? What about the Brits? Centro? Engels and his mullet? :lol:

ilovepaydays

Cheruiyot (Kenya 🇰🇪) in 3:29.26!!!!!! :eek:

Makhloufi (Algeria 🇩🇿) silver and Lewandowski (Poland 🇵🇱) bronze.

Jakob just out of medals in 4th.

ilovepaydays

Men’s 10K coming up. I will admit I have a soft spot for Lopez Lomong (USA 🇺🇸). Can he medal here?
——————-

Just looked at the results from the women’s 100H semifinals. I’m wondering if Keni Harrison will choke in the final and miss another chance for a medal.

D

Deleted member 40371

Incredible 7.30 long jump by Mihambo!
One of the complaint about the performance is that it is cooled down too much and it is almost like a indoor championships. In Mihambo's case there is a -ve wind as well, I wonder what her jump would have been if the pit was in the opposite direction.

In Javellin there are only two Germans and not one of them is leading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information