2019 World Athletics Championships - Those Who Can Doha

ilovepaydays

The U.S. women will need help getting higher than bronze. Jamaica should win the final easily with the Brits finishing second.

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
American men as usual, struggling with the relays, could be disqualified

Jamaica 5th in their semi!

Brits looking very strong, great time posted by them. Brazil look very smooth and strong I can see why they were champions in the world relays this year and I can see them in the podium here too

Braulio

World Record, impressive by Dalilah!! twice broken this year by her

And Sydney what a race 52.23, the future of this event is all hers!

Lorac

Barshim helping to that with the men's high jump final and also the organizing commitee have been giving tickets to locals

And that crowd have helped Barshim fly over that bar at 2:35m at the first attempt!!!

ilovepaydays

Men’s steeplechase final is running. I don’t get why, if you are running the steeplechase or 5K/10K, why you wouldn’t stay as close to the rail as possible. Why stay on the outside for so long? It only makes sense to go there if you are clearly passing people.
—————————————

Barshim is on a roll!!!!!!!!

Lorac

Who won that steeplechase?!?

ETA: Wow - 100th of a second for Kenya win!!!

Braulio

Kenya takes the 3000m Steeplechase over Ethiopia!

The high jump is having fierce competition, two russians and Barshim at 2.35 m but Akimenko is first on jumps back count

I like that finally we feel we are at a world championship! hoping this atmosphere carries until sunday

D

Deleted member 40371

Kenya takes the 3000m Steeplechase over Ethiopia!

The high jump is having fierce competition, two russians and Barshim at 2.35 m but Akimenko is first on jumps back count

I like that finally we feel we are at a world championship! hoping this atmosphere carries until sunday
They gave free tickets, and of course it is a Friday (holiday)

Lorac

Barshim has retained his title - wow!!!!! Congrats to him he gave it his all and deserved that!!

ilovepaydays

It’s insane that Barshim, a high jumper, is a national hero in Qatar and most Americans will still have no clue who someone like Dalilah Muhammad is. I hope Nike promotes the heck out of her leading to Tokyo. NBC might, or they may still think that Sydney is the STAR.

I bet Sydney is relieved she signed that (rumored) seven figure contract with New Balance when she did............

Braulio

Cuba with Yaime Perez takes the gold, Denia Caballero Silver in the women's discus

Perkovic (CRO) only bronze, 'only' considering her resume.

ilovepaydays

Men’s 400m final coming up. This is probably Kerley’s (USA 🇺🇸) best chance to win a world title.

DANG. Kirani James (Grenada 🇬🇩) has been sick with Graves’ Disease? :eek:

Braulio

@oleada Silver for Anthony Zambrano of Colombia and Area Record 44.15 in the 400M WOW!!! I never expected that but what a nice surprise!

Kerley (USA) Bronze

Steven Gardiner taking Gold for Bahamas.

Though I think coming Tokyo 2020 will be a different scenario with Michael Norman ready

Last edited:

Lorac

Well that was a short session but with the crowd finally turning up it was one of the most exciting!!

ilovepaydays

Canada has protested U.S. men’s 4X100m relay. Well, see - the final baton pass is really, really close.

Braulio

Two olympic champions in Rio are out in the first round

Women 100m Hurdles Gold medalist Brianna McLean and Long Jump Brittney Reese

McLean disqualified because of false start and Reese did not made top 12, she was 13th

On paper USA is the strongest in the women's 100m hurdles field in the world but coming World Championships they always struggle and mess up even not making podium, but it's like they totally switch to mode ON at the Olympics

Lorac

Mihambo from Germany looked really good in the long jump qualifiers - qualified 1st jump and as she has been jumping well all year she is going to be hard to beat!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information