2019 ISU Challenger Series

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
Is there a different link for that? Do you have to be a member? Many thanks.
The email I got just had a link to the eventbrite purchase page, and mentioned the promo code (FANS). I think you had to be on their mailing list to get the email, but I'm assuming anyone can use the promo code.

Are you planning another conveniently-timed visit to your sister this year? :)

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
The email I got just had a link to the eventbrite purchase page, and mentioned the promo code (FANS). I think you had to be on their mailing list to get the email, but I'm assuming anyone can use the promo code.

Are you planning another conveniently-timed visit to your sister this year? :)
Thanks! I am thinking about it! Haven’t told my sister yet lol. I might just get a ticket and see. Are you going?? :D

luckiest1

Did anyone have any luck on the presale? I didn't see a ticket limit listed but it kept throwing an error at me saying try again, when I tried to buy 5 for each day. Then after 2 or 3 minutes it must have sold out.

JoannaLouise

I was on the site at exactly 10 am, clicked on the "Purchase" button, and entered the pre-sale code - and all events were displaying as "not available". I know it sold out last year, but I would be pretty surprised if it sold out in less than 30 seconds. I'm not really sure what's going on, so I've sent them an email.

Thanks! I am thinking about it! Haven’t told my sister yet lol. I might just get a ticket and see. Are you going?? :D
Assuming I can get tickets, I'll go for at least part of the event. We might have some relatives visiting from out of town that weekend, but I'm going to escape to watch skating if I can!

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
I was on the site at exactly 10 am, clicked on the "Purchase" button, and entered the pre-sale code - and all events were displaying as "not available". I know it sold out last year, but I would be pretty surprised if it sold out in less than 30 seconds. I'm not really sure what's going on, so I've sent them an email.

Assuming I can get tickets, I'll go for at least part of the event. We might have some relatives visiting from out of town that weekend, but I'm going to escape to watch skating if I can!
For a few seconds it offered me the single days but they vanished one by one as I refreshed - I want the all event ones. I also recall this happening last year and I kept trying till all event appeared! :confused:

Hope to see you there if it all works out!

JoannaLouise

Hope to see you there if it all works out!
Me too!

I eventually managed to get a one-day ticket for Thursday to show up, so I bought it because I figured it was better than nothing. But I'm hoping I'll be able to buy Friday & Saturday tickets tomorrow, or an all-event ticket and sell the Thursday one.

LisaS

I forgot about the presale and I am on the page now. I don't even see where you would put in the presale code. The presale said it was open until 10 pm tonight. Could anyone share where they put in the code?

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
I forgot about the presale and I am on the page now. I don't even see where you would put in the presale code. The presale said it was open until 10 pm tonight. Could anyone share where they put in the code?
It only worked for me on the app on my phone. Not the webpage on my pc. Not sure if anyone else found a way on a pc!

The only ones they put the code on were the individual days, and they sold out quickly. They didn’t do it for the all event ticket.

Tavi

Just a heads up that if all events are sold out and you want to see men’s, last year the SP was Fri and the FS was Sat, and the single tix for those days sold out almost immediately. You can still watch practices if you have day passes.

Last edited:

JoannaLouise

Anyone else having any luck? I managed to get a ticket for Friday, but Saturday seems to be unavailable.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
That was INSANE. At 3pm exactly all 4 boxes opened, I was refreshing, I added an all event ticket and it said it had sold out already! Thankfully I got 3 singles right before Saturday went. I was trying on both my phone and PC so I saw it went right after I clicked.

Guess I’m coming back to Canada :lol :cheer:

@JoannaLouise did you get lucky?

luckiest1

I got 2 for all 3 days, and then 3 for Thursday, but I need 3 more for Friday and Saturday. UGH!!!

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
Anyone else having any luck? I managed to get a ticket for Friday, but Saturday seems to be unavailable.
:fragile:
Ugh I wish I had ordered 2 of each now. I think it is pure luck, I literally got there at the last second. Try again in a few mins as I remember last year they somehow came back on sale again - you have 15 mins to pay or they get released which is how I think I got mine last year!

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
They did briefly open again at quarter past, I tried to grab another but was too late :(

It’s insane how fast they go!! Is this due to Hanyu maybe being there or is this normal for Canadian events these days?! :eek:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
They did briefly open again at quarter past, I tried to grab another but was too late :(

It’s insane how fast they go!! Is this due to Hanyu maybe being there or is this normal for Canadian events these days?! :eek:
Hanyu. If he opts not to compete, I suspect there will be plenty of tickets suddenly available. :lol:

luckiest1

Is this just on the chance that Hanyu will compete or is there some confirmation somewhere? I truly hope they open up more tickets because now half my group has tickets and half don't.

Dobre

I think I'd just wait & see if Hanyu actually enters the event before despairing.

JoannaLouise

I was curious, so I decided to refresh the page again - it looks like some Thursday tickets are available now, if anyone is still trying!

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Certain challenger events last season didn't have enough entries for ranking points (I seem to recall that happened at the Nepela Trophy?) and so the ISU designated only certain events to have pairs this year.

barbarafan

Certain challenger events last season didn't have enough entries for ranking points (I seem to recall that happened at the Nepela Trophy?) and so the ISU designated only certain events to have pairs this year.
But was it the ISU who decided which events would have pairs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information