2019 Athletics Thread

ilovepaydays

I’ve been following Marathon since the late 70s when 2:30 was considered unattainable and 2:14:05 would have been an awesome winning time for a man.

Top U.S. women in the marathon in 2019 :eek:

It wouldn’t surprised me at all if it takes a sub 2:25 to make the U.S. women’s team. I actually think the U.S. men’s Olympic spots are a bit more wide open (especially if Rupp is hurt AGAIN).

Honestly, I’m surprised this many American elites did Chicago. The marathon Olympic trials are in late February. Assuming training goes well, they would probably need around 16 weeks to properly build up for it. That’s not a lot of time after this.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Honestly, I’m surprised this many American elites did Chicago. The marathon Olympic trials are in late February. Assuming training goes well, they would probably need around 16 weeks to properly build up for it. That’s not a lot of time after this.
A few of the US runners needed qualifying times for trials. Chicago is probably as late as they could go without sacrificing a proper build up to Atlanta.

ilovepaydays

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 40371

She told the documentary makers that surgery was the only option mentioned to her, and that it was carried out in Kampala.

"They told me it was kind of an injection, they were pulling out my testosterone," Negesa said.

"But that's not what they did.

"When I woke up in the morning, I had wounds."

She subsequently became so sick she thought she would die, she claimed, and now suffers with joint pain and related issues.
The French sports minister has now set up an investigation

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information