2019 4CC info/tickets & planning thread (Feb. 5-10, Anaheim, California)

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
Anyone who wants to get together, does Saturday between events work at JT Schmid's? We were discussing it in the 4CC section but not sure everyone has access! I could make the reservations, I just don't know how many we would have.

SkateSand

Cat Servant
Anyone who wants to get together, does Saturday between events work at JT Schmid's? We were discussing it in the 4CC section but not sure everyone has access! I could make the reservations, I just don't know how many we would have.

Sounds good to me. ;)

insideedgeua

Has anyone purchased their 4CC tickets through groupon? I’ve jever used them before so I’m a little worried about it.

Any advice appreciated.

skatfan

Has anyone purchased their 4CC tickets through groupon? I’ve jever used them before so I’m a little worried about it.

Any advice appreciated.

I have been able to download actual tickets with barcodes and have them also in the app. They look fine to me.

Shinsoureijou

I have no idea where that is. I'd like to meet up, though.

insideedgeua

Thanks Lanie and Skatfan. I downloaded the app and have tickets to most sessions sorted.

Ticketek has no all event tickets left but Groupon is saving me a lot of money.

Groupon didn’t have the Ladies Free Skate or either of the Saturday sessions left. While they are still available on Ticketek, I was thinking of going to the Honda Center tomorrow to see if they have a box office. This would save me from finding somewhere to print the tickets.

I found a website while looking that seems to be a ticket resale site. I’ve used a similar site for ice hockey and basketball before, but not this site. This is the link. If anyone knows anything about the site I’d love to hear your experiences.

I can’t vouch for the site at all. I did just click their link to ring them and it did seem above board, but I can’t vouch for them.

Anyway, it seems like somehow people are reselling parking vouchers for under $10. Some of you might find this useful.

https://hondacenter.boxofficeticket...hort-program-time-tbd-early-afternoon-tickets

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
@insideedgeua, they do have a box office. I haven't done this in years, but my friends and I used to just rock up to the box office for Stars on Ice and get our tickets dirt cheap last minute that way.

insideedgeua

@insideedgeua, they do have a box office. I haven't done this in years, but my friends and I used to just rock up to the box office for Stars on Ice and get our tickets dirt cheap last minute that way.

Thanks Lanie!

I think at the unofficial practice tomorrow I’ll go and have a chat to the box office. If they can confirm that the other website is a genuine resale service, then I’m going to buy the other 3 sessions through there.

Nothing like leaving it all until the last minute. 😂

Lizziebeth

I have bought tickets for nationals at the box office. I was driving there and was not sure when I would arrive. You do pay face value but no ticketmaster $$$ fees. Works unless it is sold out.

Oreo

I bought a last-minute ticket at the Honda Center box office for Stars On Ice last year and they DID charge me all the excess service fees.

ilovepaydays

I’m all set to fly out on Friday and spending Saturday at 4CCs! :D

Staying at the Ayres which looks like it’s really close to the arena. I should have two queen beds, so if anyone wants to share on Saturday night, PM me.

insideedgeua

I have no idea where that is. I'd like to meet up, though.

When people say it’s close to the rink, in this case, it’s really close. I’ll have a look tomorrow and see if the doors are numbered. If so, I’ll come back and post which door it is closest to. That way when you leave the rink you will be headed in the right direction.

From the rink it’s a 2 minute walk, if you have to wait for the traffic lights to change. If you catch the lights, 1 minute.

insideedgeua

If you’re inside the rink, the main entrance close to section 207 is the door to exit through if you’re going to TJ Schmid’s to eat.

For people watching the Ice Desk is set up right by that exit. Also, during the event, the athletes will be in 211/212. I’m sure plenty will be happy to sign autographs near those doors.

Tavi

If you’re inside the rink, the main entrance close to section 207 is the door to exit through if you’re going to TJ Schmid’s to eat.

For people watching the Ice Desk is set up right by that exit. Also, during the event, the athletes will be in 211/212. I’m sure plenty will be happy to sign autographs near those doors.

Not an autograph fan, but happy I’m in 211!

SCeline

How are tickets selling? So close to Nationals would make me think some fans would be choosing nationals vs. 4CC, though obviously a different part of the country AND the pull for true fans of seeing top international skaters.

eurodance2001

Start orders are up for the ladies and men’s SP tomorrow. Shin Amano is the Asst. TS for the men’s event so we’ll see how Vincent, and everyone, does tomorrow.

Plusdinfo

How are tickets selling? So close to Nationals would make me think some fans would be choosing nationals vs. 4CC, though obviously a different part of the country AND the pull for true fans of seeing top international skaters.

Tickets don't seem to be selling that well based on lots of availability for those of us who have made last-week purchases. Groupon had its deals going as of yesterday, at least one reselling website had tickets up for less than face value, etc.

Were there any practices at the Honda Center today? Did anyone park there? Has anyone sprung for a parking voucher via the reselling site? Found a place to park within a mile on the street for free? I appreciate any info those in the know can provide!

Hope you all enjoy the event, be it live, on TV, on a computer screen, or any other way.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Were there any practices at the Honda Center today? Did anyone park there? Has anyone sprung for a parking voucher via the reselling site? Found a place to park within a mile on the street for free? I appreciate any info those in the know can provide!

Yes, and yesterday, too. @peibeck parked there, I believe it was free, but I Ubered.

Plusdinfo

Thanks for the reply. It's tempting to go for one of the parking vouchers in the link upthread, but the "spots" listed are all the same, so Honda Center told me there's the risk of someone putting the same voucher up 100 or however many times and only the first person rocking up getting to gain entry; everyone afterwards would be out of luck. An employee told me yesterday that there have been good and bad experiences with outside parking resellers.

I may call the phone number in the morning to see what the site has to say for itself and this particular event.

cheremary

I may call the phone number in the morning to see what the site has to say for itself and this particular event.

If you find out info about other parking options, please do let us know! I’ve also been contemplating purchasing one of those passes but was unsure whether they’d work.

Plusdinfo

If you find out info about other parking options, please do let us know! I’ve also been contemplating purchasing one of those passes but was unsure whether they’d work.
Called today. Told there is a 100% guarantee. However, the price says $6 and, after fees, seems to be $15.33!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information