2019 4CC info/tickets & planning thread (Feb. 5-10, Anaheim, California)

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I would like to let people know that I purchased ticket insurance......which was presented as if you can't go, get your money back. Well...............I have an eye condition (that will hopefully get better) called vision suppression, and I cannot drive at night. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with Allianz, and I have a list of things I have to present - Letter from my Dr., when I was diagnosed, what the condition is, was it pre-existing to the date of my purchasing the tickets, proof of payment of the tickets, a copy of the tickets (um couldn't someone use them?) When I get all this stuff together, I have to put the claim number in the right hand corner of every piece of paper. I can upload the documentation to them via the website, but I have to be sure to call them the next day to make sure they have it. I said "Don't you send an email confirmation?"
Oh yes, you do.......but I have to call anyway. Then they review my case (huh?) and send me whatever portion of the $710 dollars they think is due me.

DON'T USE THESE PEOPLE!

cygnus

I find myself unable to go to this event, sadly. I paid $476 for my tickets (section 212 row L seat 7). I'm willing to sell them for $300. Any takers? PM Me. They are print at home, but there is plenty of time to figure out how to get them to anyone interested.

Plusdinfo

Sorry for everyone who cannot go and has to cancel plans. I am not looking for an all-event ticket but likely a session or two. PM for further discussion. Cheers.

Carolla5501

I would like to let people know that I purchased ticket insurance......which was presented as if you can't go, get your money back. Well...............I have an eye condition (that will hopefully get better) called vision suppression, and I cannot drive at night. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with Allianz, and I have a list of things I have to present - Letter from my Dr., when I was diagnosed, what the condition is, was it pre-existing to the date of my purchasing the tickets, proof of payment of the tickets, a copy of the tickets (um couldn't someone use them?) When I get all this stuff together, I have to put the claim number in the right hand corner of every piece of paper. I can upload the documentation to them via the website, but I have to be sure to call them the next day to make sure they have it. I said "Don't you send an email confirmation?"
Oh yes, you do.......but I have to call anyway. Then they review my case (huh?) and send me whatever portion of the $710 dollars they think is due me.

DON'T USE THESE PEOPLE!

why? Just because they want documentation you can’t go?

Shinsoureijou

If anyone needs a ride, pick up from the airports nearby, whatever, I can provide! I'll be driving down probably on Thursday? Depends on hotel availability etc.
Hi, I'm new to the forum and this will be my first ever figure skating competition to watch! Call me Rei.

I have an extra ticket to watch the Men's short and the Pair's Short and Free programs. Currently looking to room with someone to lower the costs for this weekend. Anyone looking to share costs and transportation to and from Honda Center? I don't have a car, but I'll happily pay in equal shares!

kiches

Does anyone know how we’re supposed to access the practice sessions on Feb 5 and 6? I have an all event ticket which Ticketmaster printed and shipped to me (individual tickets per day) but I didn’t see a specific ticket for the practice sessions on the 5th and 6th. Ticketmaster was late in mailing and printing my tickets so I’m just wondering if they may have screwed up on this part, but the 4CC site doesn’t really have a lot of info yet for me to verify against.

Shinsoureijou

Sorry for everyone who cannot go and has to cancel plans. I am not looking for an all-event ticket but likely a session or two. PM for further discussion. Cheers.
Hi, I have an extra ticket to watch the Men's short program and the Pair's short and free programs. If you'd like to sit and watch with me, let me know! I've yet to find a hotel with a good price for two nights, at least. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle or bus that goes to and from Honda Center?

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
The Groupon offer is indeed up. I'm wondering if I should buy my tickets now or wait.

Willin

@Lanie I got a BOGO offer through USFS, but I can only go to a few of the events (I may also be bringing someone). If they don't get back to me soon I could potentially split with you.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
I'm not sure how many I should get. My mom wants to come visit and go. So does my husband and kiddo. So that's a lot of tickets! I'm also volunteering; when I volunteered at SA, I got free tickets for everything. I don't know if they do that at a bigger ISU event.

avivadawn

I was going to get tickets through the Groupon offer when I get paid next week...especially since I realized that I cannot go for the entire weekend. I will be there for the ladies free though.

daelinia

I got all-event tickets but I can only go to some of the competition. Please message me if you're interested in ladies short, men/pair/dance free and gala, I have two seats in section 204, row D.

Shinsoureijou

I have an extra ticket for the Men's short and both Pairs' events. Pm me if you would like to meet up, and also, if you'd like to share a hotel room. Currently looking for hotels nearby Honda Center, but will gladly help pay my share of room and board.

jenny12

Check Long Beach Airport (LGB) as well. It’s also close. I’m flying JetBlue into LGB.

I live right near the Long Beach Airport and recommend flying into it instead of LAX if possible. Much smaller and very convenient. You will very likely get through a lot quicker and it is in a quieter, less crowded area than LAX.

Plusdinfo

For people attending the event and/or people who live in the LA area:

I have a paperback copy of Janet Lynn's autobiography "Peace & Love" that I have read and would like to pass on to someone else (no cost involved). If you plan to be at the stadium for Thursday's evening session and would like to grab the book, let me know. If you live in the LA area (as I do) and want to get it some other way at some other time, also get in touch. First come, first to receive, as I only have one copy.

Happy weekend to all!

EDITED to add: It's going to AnnM.

*Found in the incredible bookstore John K. King Used Books in Detroit. If you like bookstores and you are ever around Detroit, go there!

Last edited:

kiches

Checked the official website and looks like they've updated it with some FAQ. For those driving it says there will be no exit and re-entry without paying, so... plan accordingly if you are going to drive.

AnnM

I have a paperback copy of Janet Lynn's autobiography "Peace & Love" that I have read and would like to pass on to someone else (no cost involved). If you plan to be at the stadium for Thursday's evening session and would like to grab the book, let me know. If you live in the LA area (as I do) and want to get it some other way at some other time, also get in touch. First come, first to receive, as I only have one copy.

Happy weekend to all!

I'm interested! Would be a great addition to my skating book collection.

feraina

I'm very late getting organized for attending 4CC...
I'm trying to think if I've ever seen Jason Brown skate live... I think no! How can I possibly miss that? :)
Plus, Sui & Han! Saw them at GPF in Barcelona a few years back. Really excited to see them again!

Is there a FSU meetup? Would anyone like to get together for Saturday dinner?

ETA: Oh and how can I have forgotten Cain/LeDuc! And Shoma Uno! It's going to be awesome! :) Now, I only need to find myself some tickets...

Last edited:

feraina

If anyone is still looking for an hotel, Ayres, the hotel across the street from the Honda Center, still has rooms available (for Friday night), and Tripadvisor is running a special ($232/night including taxes). Definitely pricier than say the Holiday Inn 10 minutes away, but I figure just parking will cost at least $40-60, plus it's supposed to have an amazing breakfast. And the best part is, of course, running into all those skaters!

One of the highlights of my stay in Barcelona for GPF was sharing the elevator with the Chinese pairs Sui & Han, Peng & Zhang. It was really amazing! Of course I was too mortified to say a single thing. LOL. It was also super fun watching the skaters at breakfast.

Shinsoureijou

Waiting to watch Sui and Han live! Only a few more days away...

Hey feraina, I'm down for some dinner next Saturday night. I'm at the Red Lion; where are you staying?

mkice9

For those who used Groupon to get tickets, is it correct that you don't know what row and seat you get until after you purchase?

feraina

Groupon tells you your section and row before buying. But not the seats. I bought ladies free through them. Still waiting to see if my husband and I get to sit together!
@Shinsoureijou we are staying at Ayres.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
The Ayres is great, I've stayed there before.

I may be at the Irvine Marriott. I haven't booked anything yet as I still don't know my volunteer shifts. :lol:

skatfan

I'm very late getting organized for attending 4CC...
I'm trying to think if I've ever seen Jason Brown skate live... I think no! How can I possibly miss that? :)
Plus, Sui & Han! Saw them at GPF in Barcelona a few years back. Really excited to see them again!

Is there a FSU meetup? Would anyone like to get together for Saturday dinner?

ETA: Oh and how can I have forgotten Cain/LeDuc! And Shoma Uno! It's going to be awesome! :) Now, I only need to find myself some tickets...

I’d be up for dinner on Saturday.

Lois

I have two tickets I can't use for the men's short (Section 224 row G) and one for the free dance (section 223 Row D center ice, this one is part of an all-event ticket, so it should also be good for practice that day). If interested in any of these tickets, please pm me.

Is there a practice schedule for the Honda Center online anywhere? Thanks for any help.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Happy weekend to all!

I remember stumbling across a copy of Janet's book many years ago at a library in Houston. They also had Karen Magnussen's book, too. Both were such interesting reads, that really captured a different time in the sport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information