2019 4CC info/tickets & planning thread (Feb. 5-10, Anaheim, California)

SkateSand

Cat Servant
:eek: My tickets arrived today. I wasn't expecting them til December or January.
Ooh! I'll have to keep an eye out. I thought I read somewhere they weren't sending them out until November so I certainly would not have been expecting them now.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Oh I hope my mail redirect catches them, I forgot to log into ticketmaster and change my address

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Keep in mind that Greater Los Angeles is definitely one of those places you need a hire car to get around.

Otherwise, public transit takes hours to get from A to B.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Does anyone have an idea of competition schedules? Would love to see ‘Come from Away’, but do not want to miss competition(s).

I've heard great things about Come From Away. Definitely make time to squeeze it in. The theatre is only a 15 minute drive from the arena, too.

SkateSand

Cat Servant
I guess I'd be waiting a long time to get my tickets delivered by snail mail. Because, apparently, if one has forgotten that one requested the "print at home" delivery method, one can now print the tickets. :shuffle:

AnnM

Did I somehow miss that 4CCs all event tickets don't include a practice pass?

Willin

Maybe it will be like at synchro worlds in 2010. There they only gave out 500ish practice passes. You would go to the arena before the first official practices, show your all event ticket, and then be given a practice pass lanyard good for the entire competition.

AnnM

Maybe it will be like at synchro worlds in 2010. There they only gave out 500ish practice passes. You would go to the arena before the first official practices, show your all event ticket, and then be given a practice pass lanyard good for the entire competition.

It's not a single all-event ticket though; there's a separate ticket for each individual session.

I'm probably not going to make it to practices anyway, but I thought it was odd I didn't get any passes with my purchase. I've never attended a 4CCs before though, so I didn't know if practices for this event were closed for some reason. 🤷🏽‍♀️

insideedgeua

It's not a single all-event ticket though; there's a separate ticket for each individual session.

I'm probably not going to make it to practices anyway, but I thought it was odd I didn't get any passes with my purchase. I've never attended a 4CCs before though, so I didn't know if practices for this event were closed for some reason. 🤷🏽‍♀️
I’m just trying to remember.

Practices were open to ticket holders in 2017 for sure as they were quite busy. This was only if the practice was in the main arena. The practice rink downstairs only had a very small seating area for team officials and chaperones.

In 2016 and 2018 I think it was the same thing, no access to the public for the upstairs practice rink, despite a larger seating area. There would have been no separation here though between the public and the athletes. Practices in the main arena must have been open but I can’t remember there ever being more than 5-10 people there. Maybe they weren’t open to the public.

The fans in Taipei frequently stalked skaters at the hotel and everywhere between the rink and the hotel, so if they’d been open, surely there would have been more people at them.

Hmmm, despite being there, I’m not much help. I haven’t needed a pass myself but I have family that will want to attend in 2019 so I guess I need to think about it too.

SkateSand

Cat Servant
The 4CC website says all event ticket holders have access to all practices at the Honda Center. It still says that. I'm guessing they'll have some way to identify the all event ticket holders.

nguyhm

Are there any hotels nearby the Honda Center offering special discounts for the event? With it being in Anaheim it's hard to find a "cheap" hotel.

Willin

@nguyhm If there were it would be listed on the website. The thing is, Anaheim gets so much tourist (and business convention) traffic that there's no reason to offer hotel discounts at any time of the year. We've usually gotten deals through Hilton Honors, AAA, or other rewards programs when we go to Anaheim. You can find hotels in places like Brea, Fullerton, Irvine, or Orange that may be cheaper because they're not as close to Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm, but you'd probably need to rent a car.

Willin

@skatesindreams The Hilton next to the Anaheim convention center is usually pretty cheap, nice, and has a direct bus to the Honda Center. It's right next to Disneyland as well. There's a couple of Embassy Suites I like around there that can have good deals but are a bit more of a hike.

Carolla5501

I really wanted to go, but changing jobs and planning a March trip to Europe are making it look like I have to pass on this :(

SkateSand

Cat Servant

FridaCat

Utah, USA
There is a Groupon for individual Four Continents tickets at a pretty good price ($19-$69 each), considering the price includes the ticket fees. It looks like they are currently offering seats in sections 204, 220, 224, 226 which are near the corners. It's a bit of a hassle if you want to go to multiple sessions since you have to buy each session individually, and there's no option to choose a seat. Also, the additional 20% Groupon discount does not apply to these tickets.

skatfan

There is a Groupon for individual Four Continents tickets at a pretty good price ($19-$69 each), considering the price includes the ticket fees. It looks like they are currently offering seats in sections 204, 220, 224, 226 which are near the corners. It's a bit of a hassle if you want to go to multiple sessions since you have to buy each session individually, and there's no option to choose a seat. Also, the additional 20% Groupon discount does not apply to these tickets.

Thank you! I had held off buying individual seats because of the ticketmaster fees. These are a little more reasonable!

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
The Ayres has been booked for awhile now as I tried to get a room there months ago. :rofl: There are plenty on the other side of the freeway near Disneyland or further down on Harbor if you want cheaper but you'll need to take ART or have a car. Ayres in general though is a nice local OC chain, I've stayed in a few and they're all nice. Priceline or Hotwire can get you decent deals on hotels that week for 4CC but again you'll really need a car. Avoid the Ramada, it's awful.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
This Google Maps link shows the closest hotels to the Honda Center. The Ayers next to the venue is sold out, I'm sure, but the others likely have availability. The brand hotels like Hilton or Holiday Inn, etc., should be acceptable.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/...a2a13ca2a5515!4m2!1d-117.8764687!2d33.8078476

I don't even know if there was any availability to begin with at the Ayres. I was looking pretty much from the time of announcement and it's been unavailable the whole time.

SkateSand

Cat Servant
I don't even know if there was any availability to begin with at the Ayres. I was looking pretty much from the time of announcement and it's been unavailable the whole time.

There was availability, but you had to make your reservation before the official announcement. I suspect a lot of people who knew where that hotel was located made their reservations the minute the venue was even suspected to be the Honda Center.

skatesindreams

I had the same experience.

I'm still trying to arrange this trip.
However, all LA airport arrivals would require a 6 AM departure for me.
I swore I would never do that again; even if the airport is close by, when I still need someone to take me there.
Connections are horrible
I'm unlikely to get any cooperation re: transport to other airports, when my local option is 5 minutes away,
A shuttle to MCO costs 125.00 each way; and accessibility is questionable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information