2019-2020 Programs and Choreographers

aftershocks

Banned Member
I waged $10 she’ll use Kwan’s Dance of the 7 Veils! The Dance of the 7 Veils segment of Kwan’s Salome was Strauss’, I win :cool:

Not so fast! Kwan used Miklos Rozsa and Richard Strauss, which is a revelation. We are always learning something new in figure skating. :COP: The education is endless. And betting is always a losing game. :judge:

aftershocks

Banned Member
Salome will always belong to Kween Kwan! :kickass:

But Starr Andrews has the time, talent and distance to create her own rockin' Dance of the Seven Veils, no matter the music cuts she's using! Carry on.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Chantelle Kerry/Andrew Dodds (AUS)
Rhythm Dance: Rocky Horror Picture Show medley (including "Sweet Transvestite" and "Time Warp")

source: Andrew's instagram stories (@andrew_dodds) - the stories also come with choreo clips which look lots of fun

Orm Irian

Rhythm Dance: Rocky Horror Picture Show medley (including "Sweet Transvestite" and "Time Warp")

source: Andrew's instagram stories (@andrew_dodds) - the stories also come with choreo clips which look lots of fun

It's just a shame that the costume rules mean Andrew can't go to town in a corset and fishnet tights for this one...

ETA: But what this RD has shown is that you can trust the Aussies to go creative when given the chance. Rocky Horror, Priscilla...Tilly and William are going full disco for at least part of their routine, too, and we can only hope for drag-inspired costuming! :cheer2:

Last edited:

floridaice

I was waiting for someone to use Time Warp. Sweet Transvestite is just the icing on the cake.

DobrinFan

Mako Yamashita
SP: Una voce poco fa by Gioachino Rossini

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Ha! I thought the same thing! The opera's piece music cuts wise is not very interesting for a skating routine (imo). Then I doubt she would see herself as Rita H. or even know this old movie.

So another option is this...
Hope she is not going to try Rita Hayworth's costume

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Zabijako/Enberg have a new SP, assume it means the LP stays. The new programme has a `story', something like an ice queen, some kind of a fantasy with a battle between... The music is not related to the idea.
The Fire Within by Jennifer Thomas & The Rouge pianist.

J

Jeschke

Ziegler/Kiefer's new LP is set to "Broken" by Patrick Watson. Their former coach Jean-Francois Ballester chose this music for them.

As to choreography, here's what they said on their Facebook: "A big thank you to John Zimmerman and Silvia Fontana for creating this program with us."

https://bit.ly/2NmBKu6

* Updated
Another schmaltz routine for them, but with the history of this being JFB's choice, well, I shut up.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
At first I was wtf about their long program but by the end of the season I was all yeah! Bring out the swords! and she’s gorgeous but please get better costumes.

The SP was Alexander Nevsky with the sword fighting and I totally LOVED that, one of the best pairs programs of the season, even with the Halloween Express clearance costumes.

However, it sounds like the program they're keeping is the LP, which was a boring dirge.

Was I the only one liking that? :shuffle:

Yes. Well, you and Mozer. :p

quartz

scratching at the light
The SP was Alexander Nevsky with the sword fighting and I totally LOVED that, one of the best pairs programs of the season, even with the Halloween Express clearance costumes.

However, it sounds like the program they're keeping is the LP, which was a boring dirge.

Yes. Well, you and Mozer. :p
Dang! I want the sword fighting program! Booooo!

VGThuy

I really enjoyed their Nevsky SP too. I think it helps that I know nothing about the actual source material so I didn't mind their less-accurate take on it. I appreciated that they had some challenging interplay and committed to it while doing the IJS elements. With this new SP announcement though, I sort of hope they don't just keep doing these sort of character pieces, but then I guess why not? What's the alternative for them but something like their LP or what every other pairs is doing.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I just looked up pictures of Zabijako/Enberg . OMG She is so gorgeous! That has to be worth+50 for just showing up and stepping on the ice.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Zabijako/Enberg have a new SP, assume it means the LP stays. The new programme has a `story', something like an ice queen, some kind of a fantasy with a battle between... The music is not related to the idea.
The Fire Within by Jennifer Thomas & The Rouge pianist.

Interesting. Since Z/E themselves don't project engaging or exciting personalities, their team has been making efforts to build some excitement around them using dramatic music and storytelling approaches. It hasn't fully worked for them yet, but I can see they are always trying, and the judges always give them a helping hand on PCS. They are definitely an attractive pair. I still miss Barazova/Deputat and also Ashtakova/Rogonov, but success wasn't in the cards for either team, despite their more lively chemistry together.

Another team or singles skater is also using this music.

+50 for just showing up? :duh: Don't worry, Z/E apparently get even more than that for their long lines and classic yet lifelessly boring Russian technique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information