2019/20 ISU Grand Prix Assignments & Alternates thread

shah

Shhh... shhh...
Wang/Wang 😭

So Yu/Zhang are not ready either?

Wangs - :wuzrobbed .

Btw, what is their current status? Ignored by the Fed, again? Are they even training?

Oh, and what ever happened to Xiangning Li? IIRC, she didn't compete last season, neither in singles, nor in pairs. Anything about her plans (or, rather, Federation's plans towards her)?

As for Hao Zhang, I've read an article stating he's in the process of coming back - fingers crossed!

barbarafan

Btw, what is their current status? Ignored by the Fed, again? Are they even training?

Oh, and what ever happened to Xiangning Li? IIRC, she didn't compete last season, neither in singles, nor in pairs. Anything about her plans (or, rather, Federation's plans towards her)?

As for Hao Zhang, I've read an article stating he's in the process of coming back - fingers crossed!
Is he waiting for a new partner to be toilet trained. He could probably throw her to the next rink over

Dobre

They are currently competing. Tang & Yang had the most successful results this summer, however, so it is not surprising that T&Y won the host spot. I believe there are videos available of both teams from this summer; but I haven't watched many of the videos so not 100% sure. (There are a bunch of videos linked from summer competitions in the Chinese Team thread on GS if you go hunting. Probably some in the Chinese Team thread here also though not as many).

nimi

France has already invited Ryom/Kim to take up the spot vacated by James/Cipres and so all eight slots at I de F are filled (go to the 'Participants' tab on this page for the up-to-date list).
Currently, the FFSG site still has Ryom/Kim listed as participants, but the updated grid and the ISU entry list for IdF shows that the spot went to Ghilardi/Ambrosini... :confused:

R/K just competed in Nebelhorn and they are still on the list of entries for Cup of China, so this is somewhat puzzling.

olympic

^I had a gut feeling that PRK would not have let Ryon/Kim participate in any competitions outside of China / Korea. We are talking about one of the most closed, repressive societies on the planet. Then again, they did go to Germany, so can't explain it.

Jayar

^I had a gut feeling that PRK would not have let Ryon/Kim participate in any competitions outside of China / Korea. We are talking about one of the most closed, repressive societies on the planet. Then again, they did go to Germany, so can't explain it.

Huh? They just competed at Nebelhorn.

RoseRed

Why Ghilardi / Ambrosini they are really bad
Because they were on the replacement list, and train in Europe, presumably (host fed pays the travel costs, so France often favours skaters based in Europe). But like I said, I assume R/K were the French fed's first choice but they can't use the spot.

Sylvia

TBD
ITA GHILARDI & AMBROSINI (RC; added to IdF on Sept. 27) ISU SB 30

PAIRS (next 10 on last season's ISU SB list):

PRK RYOM & KIM (CoC; did they decline IdF?) ISU SB 16
AUS ALEXANDROVSKAYA & WINDSOR (SA) ISU SB 26
CAN RUEST & WOLFE (SA) ISU SB 29
USA LOCKLEY & PROCHNOW (none) ISU SB 33
USA LU & MITROFANOV (RC) ISU SB 35
RUS KUDRIAVTSEVA & SPIRIDONOV (none) ISU SB 36
CRO PETRANOVIC & SOUZA-KORDEIRU (none) ISU SB 37
GBR JONES & BOYADJI (none; are they competing this season?) ISU SB 38
USA DIGERNESS & NEUDECKER (none) ISU SB 39
USA PFUND & SANTILLAN (none) ISU SB 47

Last edited:

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
LADIES
RUS- Sakhanovich, Gubanova, Leonova, Guliakova (looked injured at her Russia Cup), and Sotskova are in top 10 but can only get one if another RUS withdraws. I read on another forum that Tarusina has retired)

(JPN- Honda, Yoshioka in top 10 but same situation as RUS, they are maxed out)

Top 10 from other countries-
KOR Yelim KIM (SC)
KOR Young YOU (SC)
AZE Ekaterina RYABOVA (RC)
USA Courtney HICKS (none)
HKG Yi Christy LEUNG (none)
USA Starr ANDREWS (NHK)
FIN Emmi PELTONEN (none)
CAN Veronik MALLET (SA)
GER Nicole SCHOTT (none)
USA Megan WESSENBERG (none)

Sylvia

TBD
(Re. haribobo's Pairs alt. list which has since been removed from the above post): Kvartalova/Sviatchenko RUS & Kops/Tsoglin ISR have both split since last season (that's why I included Pfund/Santillan).

ETA next 2 pairs on last season's ISU SB list (after many splits) are:

ITA Vivienne CONTARINO / Marco PAULETTI ISU SB 52
CAN Lori-Ann MATTE / Thierry FERLAND ISU SB 57

Last edited:

Ka3sha

Zabiyako/Enbert withdrew from GP series

clairecloutier

With Zabijako/Enbert out of Skate America, it looks like their replacement might be either Kudriavtseva/Spiridonov or Petranovic/Souza-Kordyeru? Although I don't think we've seen either of those teams at a CS event yet .... Hmm. Ryom/Kim would be a great addition, but they seem unlikely due to visa/political issues. I wonder if there is any chance that a new team might get the nod--say, Wang/Boudreau-Audet or Miura/Kihara.

PAIRS (next 10 on last season's ISU SB list):

PRK RYOM & KIM (CoC; did they decline IdF?) ISU SB 16
AUS ALEXANDROVSKAYA & WINDSOR (SA) ISU SB 26
CAN RUEST & WOLFE (SA) ISU SB 29
USA LOCKLEY & PROCHNOW (none) ISU SB 33
USA LU & MITROFANOV (RC) ISU SB 35
RUS KUDRIAVTSEVA & SPIRIDONOV (none) ISU SB 36
CRO PETRANOVIC & SOUZA-KORDEIRU (none) ISU SB 37
GBR JONES & BOYADJI (none; are they competing this season?) ISU SB 38
USA DIGERNESS & NEUDECKER (none) ISU SB 39
USA PFUND & SANTILLAN (none) ISU SB 47

clairecloutier

Grand Prix France is wide open now, in particular; they’ve lost both of their seeded pairs.

Cain-Gribble/LeDuc are now the first- or second-ranked team at both Skate America and IdF, based on world standings, current season's-best-scores, and Worlds results last year (although obviously, not all teams competed at Worlds). Could we see them at the Grand Prix Final?

:watch:

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Ah no, do we have news about Z/E? Right dafür they gained momentum last season.What’s going on here? :drama:

I am crossing my fingers for K/S; I really have a soft spot for them and would be happy for them getting an assignment on the big stage.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Cain-Gribble/LeDuc are now the highest-ranked team at both Skate America and IdF, based on world standings, current season's-best-scores, and Worlds results last year (although obviously, not all teams competed at Worlds). Could we see them at the Grand Prix Final?

:watch:

They certainly have some momentum and buzz since beating Tarasova & Morozov at the recent US Classic. Anything is possible.

Amy L

Ah no, do we have news about Z/E? Right dafür they gained momentum last season.What’s going on here? :drama:

It's about Alexander's heart condition. From Anatoly Samokhvalov's instagram:

Enbert: “At the moment, this news does not mean the end of a career, but only means the suspension of sports activities. We will consult with doctors and use all their recommendations regarding the pulse so that recovery will be as quick and good as possible.
With Natasha, we remain a (sports) couple and at the moment we are simultaneously suspending sports activities, because Natalya cannot lead her without me. Accordingly, we will think together how to conduct further training sessions when they are possible. Any of our training will take place after a more detailed recommendation of doctors. Naturally, Natasha supports me and she will keep fit. "

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information