2019-20 Canadian ladies news and updates

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Great news! I had checked Bausback's instagram but she hadn't posted anything yet.

barbarafan

I posted over in the pairs thread that Justine Brasseur announced she and Mark Bardei are going to the Warsaw Cup. I noticed later that Emily Bausback commented on the post:

So it looks like Skate Canada gave her a chance to get her senior minimums.

Good for her....at last......I wish they would send Kim Decelles as well.

chantilly

Sorry I’m confused is Bardei still competing for Canada.

Someone posted up thread he was leaving again.

Sylvia

TBD
That was somebody erroneously speculating based on an Instagram post.
This was the speculative post in the Canadian Pairs thread (not "up thread" in this ladies thread ;)): https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...-news-and-updates.105667/page-10#post-5645116

ETA:
Good for her....at last......I wish they would send Kim Decelles as well.
I couldn't remember if it was Kim or Emy who previously competed at Warsaw Cup and had to check their ISU bios. It was Emy (6th in 2017): http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00034627.htm

Kim's last international was at the U.S. Classic in SLC (9th in 2016): http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00015006.htm

Last edited:

barbarafan

This was the speculative post in the Canadian Pairs thread (not "up thread" in this ladies thread ;)): https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...-news-and-updates.105667/page-10#post-5645116

ETA:

I couldn't remember if it was Kim or Emy who previously competed at Warsaw Cup and had to check their ISU bios. It was Emy (6th in 2017): http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00034627.htm

Kim's last international was at the U.S. Classic in SLC (9th in 2016): http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00015006.htm
Right....Kim had very big injury requiring surgery and forever off the ice. Up to that pt. she had slightly better success. She was back on the ice and competing last yr. but was not completely back to content or form. Emy does not seem to be competing but Kim did very well at Georges Ethier. (she has got her triple triple in the short)she scored 62.78

puglover

Well, Gabby sounds pumped and ready! All the best to her - she is certainly sounding happier and more settled.

Sylvia

TBD
Emy does not seem to be competing
danafan posted the link to Emy Decelles' retirement announcement on her Instagram earlier this summer: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...s-news-and-updates.105724/page-4#post-5612028
Great news! I had checked Bausback's instagram but she hadn't posted anything yet.
Here you go :): https://www.instagram.com/p/B3XIW4-hVlG/
embausback
Super thrilled to announce that I will be competing in my first senior international competition in Poland! Thanks @skate_canada for giving me this opportunity! Can’t wait for my senior debut!🇨🇦✨

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Wow on Hannah Dawson's instagram she posted "Next stop: Riga Latvia" and Michelle Long replied "See you there" - so I guess they are going to the Volvo Cup in November? Another chance to get those tech minimums!

Colonel Green

Wow on Hannah Dawson's instagram she posted "Next stop: Riga Latvia" and Michelle Long replied "See you there" - so I guess they are going to the Volvo Cup in November? Another chance to get those tech minimums!

The Volvo Cup isn't even on Skate Canada's events page, so I guess this must have been a recent decision.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will

Thank you! I was trying to figure out what was in Riga! :lol:

danafan

Canadian ladies über
@Wyliefan I had to look it up on the ISU site. I checked the challenger thread here first, but it’s not a challenger event!

chewy

I'm glad Bausback got a senior competition. I enjoyed her skating at Lake Placid, one of my thoughts was that she was skating like a senior lady in a junior competition, confident, no hesitation.

Erin

Banned Member
It's nice to see Skate Canada realizing the importance of getting skaters out to get the minimums this year.

I wonder if there is any chance Schumacher will be sent to a senior event now that she is age-eligible? Or will she be forced into the "junior events only" box? I supposed that at least SC did show a willingness with Cotop to send athletes to last minute events last year, but it reduces opportunities like 4CC.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
I'm hoping Schumacher will get a senior international before nationals. She's not as active on social media and I haven't seen anything indicating where she'll be competing next.

I'm very pleased that Skate Canada is giving another chance to Long and Dawson. Considering the status of the four skaters who have both the 4CC and worlds minimums (Daleman coming back from a concussion, Cotop missing her first scheduled international due to injury, and Pineault and Mallet not skating well at their first international), we need more skaters to choose from, especially for 4CC. It would be a shame if someone finished top 3 at nationals and couldn't go.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
The Warsaw Cup roster is on the ISU site now and great news - in addition to Bausback, Canada will also have Cotop and Schumacher! I don't remember this many senior international assignments for the Canadian women before.

Colonel Green

While it's possible the entry is just a hoped-for thing, I'll take it as a positive sign for Aurora that they submitted her for this event.

coppertop1

The Warsaw Cup roster is on the ISU site now and great news - in addition to Bausback, Canada will also have Cotop and Schumacher! I don't remember this many senior international assignments for the Canadian women before.

Does Aurora still have the TES for Worlds?

Erin

Banned Member
Did Skate Canada get a new sponsor this season? Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy they are sending more skaters out to get minimum scores. I’m just surprised they have the funds as it seems those have always been tight.

barbarafan

Did Skate Canada get a new sponsor this season? Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy they are sending more skaters out to get minimum scores. I’m just surprised they have the funds as it seems those have always been tight.
well last r next gen started sending kids and teams out w/good results. The only way one learns to compete is by competing. visiting at the rink only shows you what they are capable of with little to no stress. Maybe the coin dropped at some point since the beginning of season and they are now sending seniors.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Per the ISU entries, Mallet has replaced Cotop at SCI. I hope Cotop will be well enough to compete in Warsaw.

Frankly I wish Long or Decelles had got this opportunity, but at least they didn't leave the spot unfilled.

Mallet did skate decently at Skate America - she has the flip back (landed one in both programs) and she skated well enough to get the worlds minimums in both programs, so she's set for next season if she continues.

Colonel Green

Too bad for Aurora, I was hoping that since we hadn't heard anything at this late a date it meant she felt well enough to go, but evidently not. She's had to miss events for two consecutive autumns. But obviously paramount not to rush things.

Mallet had a good showing at Skate America, so hopefully this will also be a good outing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information