2018 GTSA Summer Skate (Toronto), August 16-19 in North York, ON

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
Senior women SP:

Jane Gray
3lz fall
3lo2t
2a

I'm not sure that the music (Black Velvet) really suits Jane's style, but good for her for trying something new.

Score 52.10

JoannaLouise

Kim Deguise Leveillee
3t2t
3f hand down
2a nice

The first half of the program was a little subdued, but she brought it to life in the step sequence.

Score 55.58

Colonel Green

We've already seen Gabby's program, of course. I was mainly interested in seeing how her new blonde dye job looks with her costume.

JoannaLouise

Gabby Daleman
3t3t pitched forward on the first jump, 2nd was a bit tight
1lz big pop
2a nice

This was the same Carmen sp as last year. I don't mind Carmen as a choice for Gabby, although I'm not a fan of the vocals. I'm all in favour of anything that brings out her fierce side, though.

Score 61.97

honey

Gabby Daleman
3t3t pitched forward on the first jump, 2nd was a bit tight
1lz big pop
2a nice

This was the same Carmen sp as last year. I don't mind Carmen as a choice for Gabby, although I'm not a fan of the vocals. I'm all in favour of anything that brings out her fierce side, though.

Score 61.97

She actually tried a 3F for the solo jump. I assume she’s doing that with the goal of doing a 3Z+3T as the combo.

The second 3T in the combo was definitely under today.

I think it’s good that she’s keeping this program as it’s a good vehicle for her.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Sigh - Long did another single axel? I don't see any internationals for her this season. Did anyone hear the score? I'm out and can't watch tonight. Thanks for the play by play @JoannaLouise and @honey

JoannaLouise

Maysie Poliziani
3t3t<<
3lo solid
2a

I won't get started on the irony of doing a skating program to "Fallin'", but she performed it well. :)

Score

honey

Maysie Poliziani looks :respec: in that unitard.

3T+3T <<, really close to the boards
3L
2A

51.32 (5th)

Might have to check out after this...

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
I didn't take note of Michelle Long's score but know they said she was in 3rd place after her skate.

JoannaLouise

Kirstie Snider
2s step out
2t step out; looked a bit lost before going into the jump
1a fall

Score 15.55

JoannaLouise

Nicole Joe
3t2t
3s fall
2a tight, step out

You could tell she was really concentrating through the program, but she did bring out the character more in the fw, ending right bang on with the music.

Score 40.93

JoannaLouise

Senior men SP:

Max Denk
1f
3lz2t; really pitched forward on first jump, showed patience and presence of mind to get the 2t in there
2a
oops, random fall on fw

Score 49.79

JoannaLouise

Keegan Messing
4t3t nicely done
3a nice
3f also nice

Keegan's SP music is You've Got a Friend in Me; this sort of jazzy style is right in his wheelhouse. And of course his costume is the patented Canadian Sweater Vest (tm). As always, I love Keegan's smooth skating skills, his fast spins, and his huge jumps. :)

Score 97.97 wow!

JoannaLouise

Bennet Toman
4s step out, hand down
3lz2t
3a

I'm not sure if I like the music or not, but I'm totally buying Toman in the role of the angsty Frenchman.

Score 70.85

Colonel Green

Nam! Looking really nice, particularly this early in the year. Error on the combination at the end, but the quad and 3A both looked good.

The program is nice, and he sells it quite well, though I admit this song choice is always going to call to mind the Shibutanis, and it's no disservice to Nam to say that he's not going to banish them from one's thoughts.

JoannaLouise

Nam Nguyen
4s, looked solid
3a nice
3f2t, kind of messy

Nam's SP is That's Life (same music the Shibs used for their SD a couple of years ago). Costume is Canadian Cardigan (tm). I think this music really suits Nam, and it was nice to see him smiling throughout his program. He's not the fastest guy out there, but his speed does look improved.

Score 84.55

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information