2018 Eurovision Semi 1 Live Thread - Happy Hunger Gaymes!

nimi

Ooooh Estonian ice queen!

Didn't like the beginning but it got better the second the dress magic started.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
She's no Maria Callas but she could compete with the Mocking jay from Hunger Games for the better dress.

cocotaffy

Cypriot TV says Estonia's dress cost 63,000 euros? :eek:
She better qualify then. And the Bulgarian answer to Gwen Stefani. Everyone is slightly or grossly out of tune tonight.

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
"A Love Beyond the Bones" would be a good theme for Grant Hochstein and Caroline Zhang's wedding (if it hasn't already happened and they haven't already chosen a theme).

nimi

These Bulgarian backing vocals sound so fab, too bad they only appear towards the end of the song.

cocotaffy

Again, out of tune and that has to be the most unflattering jacket ever. Not sure I'll listen to much Macedonian reggae after that.

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
Dear Macedonia,

None of us ever wanted to know what a collaboration between UB40 and Wilson Phillips would be like.

Signed,

The Entire Population of the World

nimi

I was so bored/distracted with this one I totally missed the mid-song dress reveal

cocotaffy

Abort Abort, put back the jacket on it's even worse now :scream:

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Eurovision is dead to me this year due to foolishly booking a holiday during the final. :wuzrobbed

@allezfred, if you are watching BBC though, can you Facebook message me/text the number I need to text or phone to vote for Ireland? 🇮🇪

nimi

This Austrian oops Croatian song (melody) is like a pale imitation of that "You better stop" song from the 80s

What was her name? Sam something?

*checks YT* Yeah, Sam Brown was the one I was thinking of.

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
This is a total ripoff of "Fallin'" by Alicia Keys, which makes me think of Castelli and Tran, which makes me glad I'm drinking wine at 3:00 p.m. on a Tuesday.

cocotaffy

Boring but in tune so there is that I guess. She reminds me of that actress from Saved by the Bell who played in that hilariously bad stripper movie.

DimaToe

Retired by Frank Carroll
Wow...Croatia my favorite so far. I didn't care for this song (at all) before this performance.

beepbeep

Brazilian Eurotrash
The Czech Macklemore indeed :lol:

Edit: commercial break apparently. I'm on the youtube stream (which is not geoblocked!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information