2018 European Championships Glasgow/Berlin (2-12 August)

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
PML that the Germans have Heike Drechslerraking the sand pit. That's just showing off. :lol:

Last edited:

text_skate

Last edited by a moderator:

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
The Ingebritsens go 1-2 in the 5000m with Jakob adding another gold. Might have gone 1-2-3 if Filip had been able to race. :lol:

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Are Russian Wendy circles a real thing or is the BBC gymnastics commentator making it up? :lol:

Erin

Banned Member
Pommel horse. Freaking gymnastics. Who would have thought? :lol:

Believe it or not, this gold isn’t that big of a surprise ever since Rhys beat Olympic champ Max Whitlock at the Commonwealth Games in April (competing for Northern Ireland there). I am impressed that he has done so well given that he has been through all kinds of drama with his training in the last few months - his coach was made redundant so he had to find a new place to train and at one point was literally training in his backyard. Apparently it didn’t affect him.

Rhys is one of the favourites for Worlds now, which I don’t think Ireland has ever even had any medal in gymnastics. It would be pretty great if he could pull it off and he is still really young so he has many years ahead of him if it doesn’t happen this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information