2017-2018 Program Music and Choreographers

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
It's the story of our lives :drama: with Mirai, and I'll believe it when I see it. BTW that's my motto with her this season. Enough talk (you too Tom! :soapbox: ), time to take action. Surprise people, don't create unnecessary expectations and hype that doesn't need to be there.

I want Mirai to beat Evgenia, I reeeally wanted it to happen this season, but reality hit very fast. :fragile: reality sucks sometimes.

Tinami Amori

I admit I'm not a fan. But, I think she's too young for Anna. When the character meets Vronsky she is in her latte 20's and has been married for several years. I just can't see Med who is at the teenage "crush" stage playing a woman trapped between the conventions of society and an illicit passion.
I am a Fan of Med, and i agree with you. Plus the character of Karenina does not suite Med's personality. My only hope is that Med will surprise us at the last moment, and performs "Comical Karenina", a parody, where Karenina says "heck, i think i'll live"...... or! Med is not Karenina but Officer Voronsky.. that would be a blast.

Rock2

OK wait, is this piano version seen as the main version of the Gladiator Rhapsody?
If so then HELL YES.
I was worried it would sound very 90s soundtrack retread, but a piano version like this is less recognizable as a movie soundtrack, sounds more contemporary and is both beautiful and majestic -- quite suitable to Gabby and to the Olympics.

I hope this is it.

Tinami Amori

Like someone else said her team will make up some crazy fantasy story with no relationship to the book. How about a mime sequence where Anna pushes Vronsky onto the tracks.
If Med does anything new other than original image of Karenina, i will be very happy. I hated the character of Anna Karenina since i was 9 years old (in Moscow, while being shoved in my face by all entities that it is a great tragedy and Karenina is a female's soul role model). If Med skates to "realistic Karenina" i will be very upset.

arakwafan2006

Kind of butchy. Shades of Bonaly's Escamillo/

So is Daleman, in a Midori Ito/Tonya Harding kind of way. I like that they are making her good at what she's good at and letting that speak for itself. One thing that helps her is that her not being the most graceful is nowhere near having shitty edges or down right bad or awful music interpretation. Her style is athletic and, well, butchy a bit. There is footage of her free skate at world's from a far away camera angle and her power is evident. I think that exploiting her strengths this season is brilliant. She's come a long way and this choice is good for her.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Oh yes! Great choice for Gabby!
I really love the music choices this year.:encore:

I think Joshi has to fear for her 'Warrior princess'-title @alchemy void :rofl:

LOVE LOVE LOVE this choice for Gabby, although being me, I would have just preferred the Gladiator soundtrack straight up.

Superficially she looks :kickass: in that twitter picture, and she is rapidly becoming my favorite ladies skater! (non-Leonova division, of course). Cannot wait to see the program in action!

I must say, while a lot of the men's music choices have been quite :blah: so far, I'm encouraged by what we're seeing on the women's side.

And regarding Joshi, she lost the warrior princess crown the moment she stepped onto the ice last season, skating to Debbie Gibson, doing 3toe2toes, and not even entertaining me. Love her always, but cmon!

Last edited:

SkateFanBerlin

So is Daleman, in a Midori Ito/Tonya Harding kind of way. I like that they are making her good at what she's good at and letting that speak for itself. One thing that helps her is that her not being the most graceful is nowhere near having shitty edges or down right bad or awful music interpretation. Her style is athletic and, well, butchy a bit. There is footage of her free skate at world's from a far away camera angle and her power is evident. I think that exploiting her strengths this season is brilliant. She's come a long way and this choice is good for her.
Up to a point. One of the limitations of those Matrix, martial arts programs the boys were doing is the lack of emotional range. I think that hurt Stojko. Acting out tough guy for 4 minutes is not much to work with. If they make a ballade out of it - the youthful warrior, the reflective warrior, the warrior in defeat, etc. it could be wonderful on her. Like Jason's Tristan program.

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
Posted in this thread back on May 22nd:

Program music mentioned in IFS' Aerial Challenge/Broadmoor Open article: https://www.ifsmagazine.com/aerial-challenge-twist/

Excerpt -- "[Nagasu] has not settled on any specific pieces of music for either program this season, but is planning on going with a more classical style for the Olympic season." (We'll just have to wait to see whether or not she is keeping her SP to Chopin's Nocturne no. 20 in C sharp minor...)

Angela Wang is keeping her last season's "Over the Rainbow" SP choreographed by Phillip Mills and her new FS is choreographed by Tanith White.

At the Broadmoor Open, Jordan Moeller skated his "Tribal Gathering" (Vanessa-Mae) SP and debuted a FS to "Clair de Lune" by Debussy. Both programs were choreographed by Rohene Ward. (Both Timothy Dolensky's & Alex Krasnozhon's program music were posted earlier in this thread.)

Courtney Hicks confirms her FS is to "Amazing Grace" -- these links were posted on June 13th:

I will be sad if Mirai drops her Chopin SP. :( She scored so well with it when she was on this year. Hopefully Jeff will come up with something even more spectacular if she decides to drop it.

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

the r&j'96 movie has an really outstanding score and all we get is 'o verona' and 'kissing you' :blah:

screech

I hope Shae gave Kevin a rock n roll program. It is what he does best.
One of my favourite things form Sochi is the meme of Kevin Reynolds.
http://data.whicdn.com/images/171372412/large.png

"Other countries have their figure skating set to classical music and soulful music soundtracks. And then there's Canada" (Picture of Kevin skating to his starting place, listing his music as Back in Black and Thunderstruck)

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Yeah for keeping her SP even though it's not my fave.

For the FS, I just hope there was a good reason for this.

VGThuy

I was so happy that she's changing her LP, but Miss Saigon? I'm not a fan of that show for reasons I won't get into, but it does have melodies. I wonder if Wilson will make it drastically different from his work for Yuna Kim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information