“I am a woman and I am fast”: what Caster Semenya’s story says about gender and race in sports

FiveRinger

Sept. 8, 2020:

:(
This is a bunch of bullsh*t considering all of the actual doping that goes on. Go do something about actual dopers and then get back to us. She's a woman. If you can't compete raise your game or get out of her f***** way!

MsZem

This is a bunch of bullsh*t considering all of the actual doping that goes on. Go do something about actual dopers and then get back to us. She's a woman. If you can't compete raise your game or get out of her f***** way!
These are two separate issues. Anti-doping is not a relevant comparison, as Semenya has done nothing wrong. But it is reasonable to have certain criteria to determine who gets to compete in women's sports, otherwise it's not a fair competition.

FiveRinger

These are two separate issues. Anti-doping is not a relevant comparison, as Semenya has done nothing wrong. But it is reasonable to have certain criteria to determine who gets to compete in women's sports, otherwise it's not a fair competition.
I'm making the comparison because they are treating her like a pariah, like she did something wrong. Athletes that commit infractions get better treatment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information