Royalty thread #15: A New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I would think royals would have less time in hospital since they can afford in home care.

Maybe removal of some of her intestines?

Regardless, sounds a bit scary and serious. Fingers crossed.

Tesla

Whippet Good
Royals are likely to have a longer LOS than you or me.
Why? She can get private care and be more comfortable at home. And 10-14 days? When I had fibroid surgery in 2005, I was out within a few days.

ETA Yeah, if it's 10-14 in the hospital, she's have a serious surgery.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
The article I read indicate the top three Royals would be not working in the upcoming weeks.

Catherine because of the mentioned surgery, William because of the above mentioned surgery and caring for the children, and Charles for a surgical procedure for an enlarged prostrate. Camilla could do all the Royal duties, George, Charlotte, and Louis probably can't as yet.. Andrew is prohibited.
So Camilla, Anne, Edward?

skategal

Bunny mama
I would think royals would have less time in hospital since they can afford in home care.

Maybe removal of some of her intestines?
That was my guess too.

I know how long my friend was in hospital, how much pain she had after surgery and how long it took her recovering from that and she was only in her 20s at the time.

She made a full recovery though.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
The article I read indicate the top three Royals would be not working in the upcoming weeks.

Catherine because of the mentioned surgery, William because of the above mentioned surgery and caring for the children, and Charles for a surgical procedure for an enlarged prostrate. Camilla could do all the Royal duties, George, Charlotte, and Louis probably can't as yet.. Andrew is prohibited.
So Camilla, Anne, Edward?
Plus Sophie and the Duke & Duchess of Gloucester. The Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra have slowed down considerably since Charles became king (they were already slowing down since they're in their 80s), but they, especially the Duke of Kent, might take on a few additional events, etc. It's also possible, though unlikely, that either Princess Beatrice or Princess Eugenie might handle a few events.

Lynn226

I think the reason for the surgery will eventually be released. King Charles released his diagnosis. Perhaps, some recovery time is needed to determine next steps. People heal at different rates and the success of surgery can't always be fully determined until some time in rehab. Her children must be so worried.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
My mother was almost 80 when she had her hysterectomy. I went in to have a tubal pregnancy removed, the tube had burst so that led to a hysterectomy. Both of us went home the next day. Of course I didn't have my surgery in the VIP suite so I didn't mind.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
It's not about being fat or thin. It's about potential diatasis of her abdominals, if she is having that procedure.
If her tummy is sagging due to pregnancies it could affect other things like her bladder also sagging. But a bladder suspension is not even considered abdominal surgery. Many hysterectomies aren't either. That's up to the surgeon and/or her body's makeup.

JJH

Today's "Guardian" states that this is not prostate cancer. Whatever type the cancer might be, it was caught early. Prince Harry flew an 11 hour overnight flight to Heathrow.

mattiecat13

After all his bashing of the Royal Family, Harry’s sudden concern regarding his father’s health reeks of hypocrisy and aimed to polish his own image as a caring son.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Because no child ever has been furious with their parent(s) and told their entire world about it, and then had any realization when the parent(s) became ill and could be or are dying that they might want to reach out before it was too late.

His father doesn’t have to see or talk to him.

skategal

Bunny mama
After all his bashing of the Royal Family, Harry’s sudden concern regarding his father’s health reeks of hypocrisy and aimed to polish his own image as a caring son.
I think it’s a case of blood is thicker than water.

Plus he knows what it is like to lose a parent already so I’m sure this news is rocking him to his core now (and maybe giving him a good kick in the pants to heal any rifts while he still has the time to do so.)

Jenny

From the Bloc
I don't think there's reason to panic because no other Royals were spotted rushing to Clarence House, and now Harry has already left after just 24 hours in the UK. Charles has now gone to Sandringham according to People.

MLIS

Harry apparently spent about 45 minutes at Clarence House yesterday before Charles and Camilla left to return to Sandringham as planned. Depending on where your sympathies lie, that can be seen as particularly cold of Charles (your estranged son flew half way around the world to see you and you couldn’t push back your departure to one of your other houses by an hour?) or more of Harry’s having to lie in the bed he made (turns up on a whim and no one goes out of their way to accommodate him). Either way, it’s sad. I know if my dad called me and shared similar news, I would want nothing more than to be with him, and he would give me more than 45 minutes of his time. But our history is a lot less fraught.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Well I guess we can continue to speculate, because we don't know if this was a long planned trip or spur of the moment, and we don't know what else he did while he was in town. He apparently stayed at a hotel, but that doesn't mean that none of his family offered for him to stay with them - might have been his choice, and he might not have even told anyone else he was coming. He might have done the trip for another reason and thought "best pop in and see Dad while I'm here," and for that matter, how do we know that Charles didn't delay his trip by an hour or two so he could see Harry before he left for Sandringham?

once_upon

Better off than 2020
You know no matter what Harry did or didn't do, there are some of you who suspect everything he and Charles do.

Maybe none of you have ever had an estranged relative in your family or maybe all you experienced only rainbows, butterflies and unicorns in your family. But damn

Maybe Charles wanted to say things that he hadn't said before. Maybe Harry wanted to see Charles in semi good health.

But whatever...haters gonna hate. As TS says.

Barbara Manatee

I can't believe Charles is getting grief for only spending 45 minutes in a fraught meeting immediately after cancer treatment. Don't they realize how utterly miserable you feel after chemo or radiation? The poor man probably just wanted to be alone to vomit/sleep/curl up and cry.

mattiecat13

Call me cynical but after all the dirt Harry has shoveled over his family the past few years, I think his trip to Britain to see Charles was to make himself seem the devoted/concerned/loving son and also to win points with Charles. Once Charles dies, Harry will be at William’s mercy and I don’t think William has much kindness or sympathy at this point for Harry.

Reactions: liv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information