AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Sotskova who tested positive as well was banned by Russia within the Russian federation itself for 10 years, she can’t be a coach or anything, but with KV they continue to let her skate inside the country.

they are saying anything that is state sponsored, or funded KV is supposed to be banned from

topaz

Sotskova who tested positive as well was banned by Russia within the Russian federation itself for 10 years, she can’t be a coach or anything, but with KV they continue to let her skate inside the country.

they are saying anything that is state sponsored, or funded KV is supposed to be banned from
Let's be real, Maria was no Kamila. Kamila is much more popular and she's a cultural icon now in Russia. She's held in higher regard.

Maria was/is a scapegoat for the state funded doping system. They made it look like Maria acted alone but we all know the truth.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I honestly teared up thinking about Karen, Vincent, Nathan, Alexa, Brandon, Madi, Madi, Zach, and Evan finally getting some resolution and having it be a gold medal. They better throw them the most fabulous medal ceremony/party ever. Like they better parade them about Paris on a golden barge or something idk.

topaz

I honestly teared up thinking about Karen, Vincent, Nathan, Alexa, Brandon, Madi, Madi, Zach, and Evan finally getting some resolution and having it be a gold medal. They better throw them the most fabulous medal ceremony/party ever. Like they better parade them about Paris on a golden barge or something idk.

I hope they get their medals during the opening ceremony in Paris!!!

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Same here! Reading that tweet and the IOC statement brings tears to my eyes. They deserve nothing more than a fabulous trip to Paris and their moment at the top of the podium. And, frankly, the same goes for Kaori, Wakaba, Yuma, Shoma, Riku, Ryuichi, Misato, Tim, Piper, Paul, Kirsten, Michael, Vanessa, Eric, Maddie and Roman. They have all been incredibly dignified and such outstanding examples of great sportsmanship during this entire ordeal.

Rukia

Same here! Reading that tweet and the IOC statement brings tears to my eyes. They deserve nothing more than a fabulous trip to Paris and their moment at the top of the podium. And, frankly, the same goes for Kaori, Wakaba, Yuma, Shoma, Riku, Ryuichi, Misato, Tim, Piper, Paul, Kirsten, Michael, Vanessa, Eric, Maddie and Roman. They have all been incredibly dignified and such outstanding examples of great sportsmanship during this entire ordeal.
yes yes give them all statues or something idk they have waited for so long I need to see them all having the best time getting their medals

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Phil said he thought they were going to find her guilty and give her three months.

David says he thinks she got four years because the federation continues to associated itself with doctor shevetski (spelling ?) who is treating KV at that time rather openly, and he was at the Team box during the Olympics and posed with a photo over the summer with Tamara.

barbk

So I’m trying to see if this has been touched on upon yet here or somewhere else, but I’m watching the skating lesson and they have Phil Hersch on and by the way, the one they just published earlier with Amber Glenn and the progressive flag I was like oh cool I can’t wait till they have Alissa talking about Amber but it’s Rene Rocca and they’re going on and on about ice dancing and this is the one time I would not mind hearing Alissa’s opinion because she was saying Amber would be her pick as the champion

anyway, back to this, Phil is saying to David that one certain possible outcome could be that first place is left vacant like in 1994 with US nationals. He is saying it’s not probably the most possible outcome but it’s still something that they could do … leave it vacant, which definitely would be interesting. That means USA stays in second, Japan stays in third and there is no Canada.
Has there ever been a confirmed doping violation where they left a medal spot empty? This sounds very unlikely to me.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Has there ever been a confirmed doping violation where they left a medal spot empty? This sounds very unlikely to me.

perhaps though, I’m not sure… in the track and field team relay …Phil was talking about it, but I did not hear what happened when the American was found guilty of doping

barbk

Phil seems to speculate it will be at a North American worlds …Montreal or Boston since two of the three teams are from North America
The timing sounds very tight for Montreal given that both the ISU and the IOC have to take official action. And delaying a year beyond that for Boston just adds insult to injury. I'm voting (not that I have a vote, but ...) for this summer at the Paris Olympics as being a fair, public venue that will garner the recognition and accolades these athletes deserve.

Lynn226

I know I'm one of the people who suggested a medal ceremony in Paris, but perhaps the medalists will want their medals sooner. They deserve something special. Perhaps a ceremony at IOC headquarters in Switzerland. It could be streamed live and maybe Peacock could replay the medal performances in a tv special. Worlds is a good choice for a ceremony.

Former Lurve Goddess

After Valieva tested positive, one of the first things I mused about was whether there would a percentage skaters who would consider trying doping based on Valieva's success (perhaps like a certain skater who briefly joined Camp Eteri?). I can see WADA wanting to come down extra hard on KV to avoid making doping seem worth the risk.

Last edited:

Jammers

This is what I think too. In gymnastics, to me, the rules read as if it is the national federation's responsibility to make sure all team athletes are age-eligible so it makes sense that the whole federation is disqualified in a team event for an age violation. In track and field/swimming, if an athlete is DQ in a team event for doping, it means they didn't complete the course so the team is DQ. Apart from that, I can't think of examples on doping eliminating a whole national team unless you have a Sochi 2014 state sponsored issue (and even then we have had ROC or OAR).

With Winter Games 2022, many people might think Russia is guilty of state sponsored doping, but no-one of the other skaters has a positive test issue. Russia is banned as a state now for the war and not for doping. That is why I think the middle ground is where ISU will go. It is pretty bizarre that with doping being such a huge issue that there aren't written rules on how one DQ affects the rest of the individual performances for this event.
Of course Russia is guilty of state sponsored doping why do you think we haven't seen a Russian Track and Field team at the Summer Olympics since 2012? Because the IAAF banned them in 2015 for 8 years for doping violations. They had the balls to do what the ISU should have done after Sochi and that is actually ban them from the Olympics as a nation. None of this nonsense that they could compete as long as they didn't compete under the Russian flag or have the anthem played or wear the OAR logo.

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Folks, hold your horses. I believe that Valieva has a month to file an appeal with the Swiss Federal Tribunal. It might be a while before the Olympic and European medals are awarded/redistributed.
She can appeal to the Swiss Supreme Court on very limited procedural grounds. I do think a medal ceremony at Worlds in Montreal is unlikely but I can see the IOC wanting the medals awarded in Paris.

Rukia

She can appeal to the Swiss Supreme Court on very limited procedural grounds. I do think a medal ceremony at Worlds in Montreal is unlikely but I can see the IOC wanting the medals awarded in Paris.
Also the IOC clearly says they are already reaching out to NOCs so I don't think we're jumping any guns they want this resolved

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information