manhn

As a Canadian, I have perfected the art of wuzrobbing, but I don't think the Canadian public was particularly emotionally attached to this particular group of skaters (the only one who truly performed as expected or beyond was Schizas). Also, Canada does well enough in the Winter Games that a bronze in an event that has little history doesn't mean a whole lot.

Not saying that Skate Canada should not push more, but I don't see why a possible medal would be the reason for it. Why aren't the French Fed, Korean fed, etc not pushing more?

skatingguy

decently
Sadovsky was the very weak link with the Canadian squad in 2022. Ice Dance - they suffered from that being a deep field and GilPoir being 4th in the RD and 3rd in the FD. Pairs - another deep field but their teams weren't terrible. Women - Schizas really stepped her game up in what was a very inconsistent field.

I don't think it's fair to characterize them as undeserving of the bronze. Russia cheated.
@Karen-W advocating for Canada 😲

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
@Karen-W advocating for Canada 😲

Oh, I was always going to advocate for Canada in this situation.

That would make me perfectly happy, but I still think all the other ladies should get 1 pts added to the score and not leave the 10 unawarded.
Why just the women? If you DQ Russia entirely, wouldn't you eliminate their results for all disciplines and give the rest of the teams that finished behind in men's, pairs and dance an additional point?

The problem with this idea is that it means Georgia was unfairly left out of the FS segment of the TE and how could those skaters have affected the rest of the results. That's why I think it will be the middle ground of treating Russia like Germany & Ukraine with a 0 and the rest of the women getting 1 point extra in both segments since Russia would have still made the FS segment even without Valieva's 10 points from the SP but they'll lose out on any medal at all, which seems just punishment.

Karen-W

Any word on when we can expect the medals for the team event?
The ISU hasn't even replied to any requests for comment by the media. The IOC Executive Council will need to approve whatever the ISU recommends and the next IOC EC meeting is in March. So, at minimum, don't expect a decision until next month, at which point the ROC is likely to appeal and drag this out even longer.

barbk

Oh, I was always going to advocate for Canada in this situation.

Why just the women? If you DQ Russia entirely, wouldn't you eliminate their results for all disciplines and give the rest of the teams that finished behind in men's, pairs and dance an additional point?

The problem with this idea is that it means Georgia was unfairly left out of the FS segment of the TE and how could those skaters have affected the rest of the results. That's why I think it will be the middle ground of treating Russia like Germany & Ukraine with a 0 and the rest of the women getting 1 point extra in both segments since Russia would have still made the FS segment even without Valieva's 10 points from the SP but they'll lose out on any medal at all, which seems just punishment.
Rather ridiculous that the ISU didn't have rules related to disqualification in the Team laid out from the beginning. It isn't as if there haven't been DQs in team events in other sports.

Dobre

Enough is enough, IMO. Someone was posting about Chock & Bates's frustration this week, and the athletes have a point. How can athletes be expected to maintain their drive and passion when they are left wondering for years whether the organizations running their sport are fair and ever going to honor their work & achievements. The medals could have been handed out to the teams not in question on day 1 and then upgraded if necessary. A fair process is important, and an investigation and opportunity to appeal is fair. But the court has ruled and a decision can certainly be made based upon that ruling. The medals should be distributed.

Canada should get the bronze.

skategal

Bunny mama
As a Canadian, I have perfected the art of wuzrobbing, but I don't think the Canadian public was particularly emotionally attached to this particular group of skaters (the only one who truly performed as expected or beyond was Schizas). Also, Canada does well enough in the Winter Games that a bronze in an event that has little history doesn't mean a whole lot.

Not saying that Skate Canada should not push more, but I don't see why a possible medal would be the reason for it. Why aren't the French Fed, Korean fed, etc not pushing more?
I think there is a lot more being done behind the scenes by numerous Feds than is being shared publicly.

I’m willing to bet that the 3 Feds involved (USA, Japan,Canada) are working quite closely together with the USA being appointed to the role of spokesperson publicly probably because they have the biggest story here being robbed of the Gold medal.

Canada is not normally one to sit back in these situations, but we aren’t necessarily going to be public about it either, especially if we don’t need to be.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
The instagram post has been removed.

ETA statement on their website

Karen-W

Grandpa has the proof in his backwash.
:grandpa: is the ONLY good thing to come out of this whole mess. And the Weed Jesus moniker.
And if Canada gets the bronze..... Roman Sadovsky is an Olympic medalist.
See, this only bums me out because it should have been Keegan if not for the stupid positive covid tests that delayed him from getting to China in time for the TE.

Colonel Green

See, this only bums me out because it should have been Keegan if not for the stupid positive covid tests that delayed him from getting to China in time for the TE.
It’s funny because if Keegan had been able to arrive on time there almost certainly wouldn’t be any alternative scenarios to mull over. Even mediocre skates from him would have gained Canada enough points to be the bronze medalists in any scenario.

caseyedwards

The instagram post has been removed.

ETA statement on their website

They are lying. There was no doping violation during Olympics

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
ISU will post statement about implications of CAS decision on Jan. 30.

Carolla5501

There shall be consequences for her coaching team as well.
😂😂😂

Yeah, she had to move to a different country to coach. Consequences? She just moves on other people pay the price , allowing her to coach.
@danafan Yeah, I think that TSN article needs to at least change their title. They are clearly making the assumption based on precedent in these types of situations but nothing of the sort was decided today from this procedure. And considering they have, in theory, 30 days to appeal I would be surprised if the ISU does anything until that 30 days it over.
You’re assuming that TSN cares about accuracy?

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
I am shocked and floored and I can’t believe it. Now I have an important question… Is this something that can be appealed or taken to a higher court or something? Is this final?

i’m happy for everybody to get their medals finally including the ones to me who seemed the most vocal like Madison and Evan and Alexa and everybody I’m just so happy. So Canada gets the bronze?

Karen-W

i’m happy for everybody to get their medals finally including the ones to me who seemed the most vocal like Madison and Evan and Alexa and everybody I’m just so happy. So Canada gets the bronze?
Vincent has been pretty vocal too. I'm really happy for him to be able to call himself an Olympic champion after all that we know about his mental health struggles leading up to, during and after those Olympics.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information