U.S. Ice Dance 2023-24 news & updates

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Regarding concussions - we should remember that you don't always need to hit your head. Concussions happen when the brain is jarred or shaken enough to bounce against the skull.

You spin or are flung around with rotational lifts - your brain is sort of free floating and bouncing back and forth against hard bone. That causes bruising on the brain.

pixie cut

A part of me wishes that I hadn’t seen that FD of H/B.
Would have loved to see it in a full arena with costumes etc.
I’m glad I saw it but longing to see it again in competition.

Regarding concussions - we should remember that you don't always need to hit your head. Concussions happen when the brain is jarred or shaken enough to bounce against the skull.

You spin or are flung around with rotational lifts - your brain is sort of free floating and bouncing back and forth against hard bone. That causes bruising on the brain.
Indeed. HBO Real Sports did a frightening feature about bobsledding and concussions.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Hawayek/Baker just released a video of what would have been their RD.

"You didn’t think we would only show you one of the programs did you? 👀
A special shout out again to everyone on our team who made our visions come to life
⛸️ @iceacademyofmontreal @teamusa @usfigureskating
🎥 @oniceperspectives
🎧 @sk8mixhugo
Music by @u2"

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?

A special shout out again to everyone on our team who made our visions come to life
🎥 @oniceperspectives
🎧 @sk8mixhugo
Music by @u2"
Sigh. That was far better than I imagined it could be. What might have been... :wuzrobbed

CassAgain

🎥 @oniceperspectives
🎧 @sk8mixhugo
Music by @u2"
This was SO GOOD. I am obsessed with the one song rhythm dances this year.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Hawayek & Baker's FD was gorgeous. So much of the nuance and sensitivity just blew me away. :wuzrobbed

That RD is also fantastic. I'm sad for us as a fandom that we didn't get to see these programs in competition. They're some of my favorites this season. :fragile:

I'm glad they're taking time for themselves, and I support them in whatever they feel is best for the physical, emotional, and mental health. I just hope Katelyn & Jean-Luc know they are missed.

Firedancer

🎥 @oniceperspectives
🎧 @sk8mixhugo
Music by @u2"

I really love this program. It makes me sad we won’t see these programs again and that it could be the end for them. Still hoping it’s not.

VGThuy

Hawayek/Baker need to do what’s best for them individually. But… selfishly, I really hope they get reinvigorated and can come back from all of their setbacks. They’re a gorgeous team and haven’t gotten what they deserved as of yet. I need them, haha.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
For hardcore LOTR fans, I don't think that would matter. :)
It matters to me. Other than the music, I can’t point to anything in the program that tells the LOTR story. Even when the music becomes melancholy and is from a sad part of the movie, she-Peal has a huge smile on her face. OTOH, just hearing the music and having a program to it is cool. I just think they could have done more, like danced a jig and mimed smashing pints together. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information