TJ Nyman accused of rape (Dalilah Sappenfield accused of supporting him)

caseyedwards

They are saying on Twitter that Nyman's actions have been an open secret for a while in US figure skating. I guess this is just the tip of the iceberg.
Rolleyes! “We have to let the male pairs skaters rape! There are so few of Them!!” That’s crazy nonsense. Just go to police and report rapists. Duh. End of story. No more of this crap. At some point all people- victims and those who know need to go to police. End of story.

Carolla5501

I don't think Brennan has ever made racist remarks about skater's music choices or descended to Dave's "trashing" level. Dave is a new low. He makes Brennan and Phil look professional so they probably like him :)

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Agree on both counts.

TSL and Christine Brennan seem to love feeding from the same trough, that's for sure.

I honestly don't see how you can compare the two. Christine Brennan is nowhere near as sensationalist as Dave Lease, and she does her research and doesn't publicize unfounded rumours. USA Today has a lot stricter editorial standards than TSL.

chachacha

I don't think Brennan has ever made racist remarks about skater's music choices or descended to Dave's "trashing" level. Dave is a new low. He makes Brennan and Phil look professional so they probably like him :)
Dave Lease is TRASHY and the fact he is trying to profit off an interview with TJ Nyman is disgusting. What about his side kick Jenny Kirk, she’s a counselor based on her Bio. But yet she is Friendly with Dave Lease who is a bully and only trashes athletes when he has never been an ounce of an athlete. His show is not professional nor provides constructive feedback on skaters, just tears them down like he knows anything. People should stop supporting them financially and stop contributing to his garbage and maybe he can go get a real job

Colonel Green

It's also sickening how many elite figure skaters have liked this post. Harley Windsor was one of them.
Being generous, some of them (particularly the ones whose first language isn’t English) probably aren’t familiar with the context yet. But plenty of them had better wise up.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
damn and Delilah liking a post rebutting someone criticizing him. She's classless.

IMO that she feels she can do this is an example of where complaint processes like Safe Sport's have no teeth. If USFS was serious about protecting alleged victims, as they claim to be, they would be reprimanding her (or worse) right now for doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information