The Carolina Kostner Thread

Jammers

Journalist Arianna Secondini, Coach Franca Bianconi and Caro's manager Giulia Mancini commented/interviewed Caro,the record breaker. She'll go on until 2022, seems like. Yay! (Also, "the famous" 250 points will be easily reachable in Korea).

Considering the ranking and Sotkova: can we say... professor Mishin... "helped his own country to lose a medal"?
More like the judges caused his own country to lose a medal. 3 clean triples and she still gets on the podium?

Sylvia

TBD
There was a mutual admiration society thing going on between Carolina and Evgenia at the post-FS press conference earlier today. :D Their cute exchange starts around the 8:30 mark (ISU tweeted this link to the Ladies' press conference on periscope): https://www.pscp.tv/w/1ypKdNkzMEnJW

TAHbKA typed most of this out in the Kiss & Cry section and I edited a little after watching this part of the video:

To Kostner: the new costume in the LP is it the final version?
Kostner: I don't know. I haven't seen the video yet. It's the first time wearing it at the competition with the lights of the big arena, I'll see the video and and decide.
Medvedeva: it looks amazing, trust me. Shine bright like a diamond.
Journalist: How heavy is the costume to wear?
Kostner: not so heavy
Journalist: Are those diamonds?
Kostner: no diamonds
Medvedeva: Carolina is a diamond herself
Kostner: You are too!

LarrySK8

The new FS costume is not traditional for the Olympics, and on television, the color is :eek: and the stones sparkle, but the pattern doesn't 'read' all that well. It seems very theatrical and well suited to an ice show or TV special with different lighting, etc.

nimi

I'd like to see the new costume in person. I think it could come across as eye-catching in a good way.

But on TV... Yeah, the color and design is eye-catching in a rather :eek: way.
To Kostner: the new costume in the LP is it the final version?
Kostner: I don't know. I haven't seen the video yet. It's the first time wearing it at the competition with the lights of the big arena, I'll see the video and and decide.
I'm predicting a return to the old FS dress for her Olympic skate but we'll see!

msadot

I'd like to see the new costume in person. I think it could come across as eye-catching in a good way.
I'm predicting a return to the old FS dress for her Olympic skate but we'll see!

I like them both, personally.
And this last one does and will make her Oly medal even shinier, making Caro even more outstanding.

STILL... which costume will allow her to score more?

Last edited:

lala

I like the color but don't like the costume..but she is a faun...;) so..

Seriously she needs Mishin

jiggs

Journalist Arianna Secondini, Coach Franca Bianconi and Caro's manager Giulia Mancini commented/interviewed Caro,the record breaker. She'll go on until 2022, seems like. Yay! (Also, "the famous" 250 points will be easily reachable in Korea).

Considering the ranking and Sotkova: can we say... professor Mishin... "helped his own country to lose a medal"?

Look, I really don't know what you are talking about and why you find it necessary to post all of these misleading messages. First of all, Giulia Mancini hasn't been Carolina's manager since the end of 2014. Check her website to find proof of that, her manager is called Michela Morizzo: http://carolina-kostner.it/it/contatti.html

Second of all, what gives you the right to put words into her mouth? All this nonsense about 2022 and 250 points, it's just some made up story that you keep reposting and reposting, and it's really getting tiring ...

msadot

I like the color but don't like the costume..but she is a faun...;) so..

Seriously she needs Mishin

She does have both huth and mishin. Again, breaking the record does not seem enough

Look, I really don't know what you are talking about and why you find it necessary to post all of these misleading messages. First of all, Giulia Mancini hasn't been Carolina's manager since the end of 2014. Check her website to find proof of that, her manager is called Michela Morizzo: http://carolina-kostner.it/it/contatti.html

All this nonsense about 2022 and 250 points, it's just some made up story that you keep reposting and reposting, and it's really getting tiring ...

You didn t watch the interview? Hopefully it will appear on Gazzetta.

Time will tell, anyway.

Last edited:

jiggs

You didn t watch the interview? Hopefully it will appear on Gazzetta.

Oh, feel free to share it with all of us, please! So far you have provided no proof whatsoever of all of your absurd statements. Again, you are putting words into her mouth and it is not fair to Carolina at all, who seems to be a very levelheaded person and comes across as a very realistic and down-to-earth lady in all her appearances.

paskatefan

All I could look at was the costume. I think it is heinous . Maybe it is just the color.

I don't like the color of the costume on Carolina @ all. It reminds me of Kermit the Frog (whom I really like as a character). I think Carolina looks good in unitards, though. Most of her dresses/costumes through the years have been gorgeous, IMHO. I have to agree with Tanith on this one, and hope that she goes back to her previous free skate costume.

msadot

Oh, feel free to share it with all of us, please!

Kostner infinita, è un podio da record
Carolina di bronzo: 11ª medaglia europea, eguagliata la grande Rodnina

http://www.ilgiornale.it/news/sport/kostner-infinita-podio-record-1485259.html

https://www.google.it/search?q=Carolina+Kostner&tbas=0&tbm=nws&tbs=sbd:1

https://www.sportface.it/in-evidenz...ei-ostrava-voglio-superare-miei-limiti/127257

http://www.gazzetta.it/Sport-Invern...tner-torna-dicembre-mishin-170781118325.shtml

http://www.gazzetta.it/Sport-Invern...x-ritrovi-tecnica-sara-podio-2302237892.shtml

Yesterday, while Secondini N coach Franca Bianconi were commenting: "Caro still has a long road to go (Oly 2022); 80 in her short... 140-150 in her free... let's improve the breathing technique... considering nobody compares to her class... she may still earn a lot of points"

Personally, I 1000% agree with Bianconi and Secondini.

I'll try to find the audio, appena RaiSport lo metterà su podcast.

Last edited:

jiggs

Yesterday, while Secondini N coach Franca Bianconi were commenting: "Caro still has a long road to go (Oly 2022); 80 in her short... 140-150 in her free... let's improve the breathing technique... considering nobody compares to her class... she may still earn a lot of points"

I would take everything Secondini and Bianconi say with a grain of salt, and frankly, it doesn't matter what they say. What bothers me is that in your initial post you made it sound like they interviewed Carolina and she herself said these things. Which is frankly not true.

jersey1302

She just self imploded in that euro FS yikes. And that costume I didn’t understand. Haha. I loved her dynamite sp. best I’ve seen her skate ever

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Oh Dear... what in the world happened?

Does she not have anyone on her team that tells her "no!" Is she surrounding herself with only "Yes" people.

She went from the best dressed skater to the worst of ALL TIME......

Kermit the Frog on ice doesn't work here.

Seriously the worst costume I have ever ever ever seen.

Doing warmup I kept seeing this flash of neon green and I was saying to myself who the hell is in this last group? Because beforehand I knew all the skaters in the final flight... All I could say to myself is well I dont know Anita that well, maybe its her?

Cut to the horror when I saw Caro start her program. I thought it was a nightmare....joke? (Thank God, Tanith cut in and was able to tell some truth!)

And on top of that it has major fit issues.... didn't fit at ALL in the crotch and thighs....

There would have been a mandatory - 1 point deduction for costume from ANL....

All I kept saying to myself is that her costume didn't make it so she is using an exhib costume?

That lavender costume was exquisite and then she shows up with this? I still can't even think about how that came to be.... What was in their thought process? Or what in the world happened.....

kittyjake5

I don't like the color of the costume on Carolina @ all. It reminds me of Kermit the Frog (whom I really like as a character). I think Carolina looks good in unitards, though. Most of her dresses/costumes through the years have been gorgeous, IMHO. I have to agree with Tanith on this one, and hope that she goes back to her previous free skate costume.

LOL I thought of Kermit too. I agree that Caro usually has the nicest costumes but this one is a fluke not so much the design but the color
that coupled with her not so great performance in the FS has her haters going bonkers.

Bellanca

Carolina's green costume is not that bad. Sure, it is not the best look she’s had going -- but, hey, on the bright side, props to Caro for mixing it up a bit. Plus, it’s Carolina, she could wear a burlap bag and make it work.

I've seen worse - WAY worse than Caro's getup. I had even posted a comment about it some time ago... Synchro skating team, tube tops, spandex - OMG!!!! :wideeyes: :eek: :yikes: :scream: Now that was traumatic! I'm not kidding, either…

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I cannot imagine what Carolina was/is thinking with that costume...I can accept the body suit....that that color is just horrid. And her skating was so off. I hope this is not like Marissa's skating dress that held the magic for Ashley. I don't want to find out that the power of Carolina's Faun is in the purple dress.

Just as an aside.....I did not like the purple dress at first, but have grown to love it. I don't think that is going to happen with the Kermit Kostume.

lauravvv

Oh I do. The way those arms flail around with no meaning and no purpose would give Dick Button enough to go on for for days.

She skates rushed, so quickly with it seems almost no meaning and no purpose.
I agree that Zagitova's skating is rushed, but those "frenetic" arm movements are choreographed (and with a supposed purpose), not just her "flailing her arms around with no purpose" on her own.

The fact that she skates all her programs with basically the same dress/tutu for everything shows me she has no range yet either.
I think she did not choose the balletic theme for both of her programs just on her own either, so actually those programs say nothing about what else she can or can not do. But she has had (and has) different programs - both competitive and as exhibitions.

Also, I will repeat that I am not a Zagitova fan. Apart from being a Carolina fan, I definitely prefer Medvedeva above Zagitova right now. But I dislike generalized, superficial and exaggerated statemets.

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member
Yes hello, I am a new poster here but I wanted to share something about Carolina Kostner, which is that my number one most favorite ladies skater of all time, Anastasia Galustyan, said that alongside Yuna Kim and Patrick Chan, Carolina is her role model! I read a wonderful article about Anastasia from an internet site called Absolute Skating and it has so much interesting information about Anastasia including the fact that she doesn't like to go out and party when she has free time! But anyway, if you go to the link and look at the ninth paragraph, you will see Anastasia's quotation about how much she admires Carolina and I thought it was a very interesting and well said response.

http://www.absoluteskating.com/index.php?cat=interviews&id=2017galustyan

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information