The Carolina Kostner Thread

kittyjake5

Coaching change for Caro. According to the article she has now returned to Huth and
will be training in Oberstdorf.

jiggs

The article seems to be incorrect. There has been an official press release following today's coverage stating that there is no change in her coaching team: http://www.ansa.it/trentino/notizie...ori_bf4a2a8d-defd-44d5-8142-8db396dda9c1.html

In her comments she mentions Huth, Mishin and Nichol as her coaching team. I think it was more a matter of who will be at the boards with her at the upcoming competitions.

jiggs

Here is a translation of Carolina statement (source: https://fyeahitalianskaters.tumblr....olina-kostner-denies-rumors-of-quick-coaching):

“No change has occured in my coaching team, my staff is numerous and luckily it’s composed by the highest experts on their matters: Michael Huth, Aleksey Mishin and Lori Nichol in particular. There is not weird reason for my comeback to Oberstdorf. After a very long time away from home, I felt the need to find my space and familiarity again. And this was the right moment to do it, after spending a long period of time in St. Petersburg with Professor Mishin for polishing my jumps and technique, and in Canada with Lori for choreography. Moreover, with Mishin we keep in touch and update daily on our work for advice and exchange of views.

The success of an athlete is not due to only one person’s work, I’m lucky to have a passionate, competent and present team.”

MR-FAN

Kostner Softie
Huth was always part of her coaching team even when she was training in St. Petersburg. He was also with Kostner at NHK this season so I'm not really sure why this is news.

Because clearly people just like giving heart attacks :drama::drama::drama:

kittyjake5

How could you announce her win yesterday when the short program just takes place today?? Bad luck to count your chickens before they're hatched!

LOL This poster is known for posting his/her predictions as a fact before they actually happen.

Good Luck to Caro in the SP!

Fiero425

How could you announce her win yesterday when the short program just takes place today?? Bad luck to count your chickens before they're hatched!

Well the commenters made her seem like Caro skated the performance of her life! Supposedly the only reason she's in 3rd after the SP is because she executes her less than dynamic jumps early rather than later in the program for added points like the top 2 Russian women! It was absolutely ridiculous IMO! Scoring is still shady; even with the new system and it's just plain hard to watch and take in seriously! :rolleyes: :wall: :COP: :irina1: :puppet:

jiggs

Supposedly the only reason she's in 3rd after the SP is because she executes her less than dynamic jumps early rather than later in the program for added points like the top 2 Russian women! It was absolutely ridiculous IMO! Scoring is still shady; even with the new system and it's just plain hard to watch and take in seriously! :rolleyes: :wall: :COP: :irina1: :puppet:

I try to not even care about placements and scores anymore at this point and just enjoy her skating ... no judging can take away the gratitude I am feeling watching her perform!

slipchuk

Banned Member
Wow what an incredible skate by Kostner at age 31, probably her best short program ever. She is amazing to be hitting new heights at this age. Amazing women, amazing competitor.

It is an insult to the sport that a childish, immature, and clunky skater like Zagitova gets virtually the same PCS as Kostner or even Medvedeva (albeit a flawed one) but that kind of bad judging is the norm these days.

Fiero425

Wow what an incredible skate by Kostner at age 31, probably her best short program ever. She is amazing to be hitting new heights at this age. Amazing women, amazing competitor.

It is an insult to the sport that a childish, immature, and clunky skater like Zagitova gets virtually the same PCS as Kostner or even Medvedeva (albeit a flawed one) but that kind of bad judging is the norm these days.

So you think Carolina should be leading after the short program even though her elements were less than spectacular or hard? You're proving my point and are sorta complicit in the shady scoring of figure skating! :2faced: :wall: :COP: :duh: :kickass: :revenge:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝

KOSTNER is a dream.. I love her and Mao Asada (sigh) and Ashley Wagner (sigh) I love the women, not a fan of the girls ...

But it changes for me when their skating matures.

alexikeguchi

Coach Huth will witness:

* Caro's European record
* The I medaled it all repeatedly
* Her 50 major medals
* The 250 overall points
(And hopefully Caro competing vs men).

Kant wait for Korea and, most important, Oly 2022.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Sport-Invern...scelto-nuovo-vecchio-coach-240866426712.shtml

All that's missing is for her to give birth sometime in the interim like Chusovitina and come back to win Olympic gold. What an exquisite performance today, and despite the close PCS scores, a lesson for the newbies in how it's done.

slipchuk

Banned Member
Fiero425, I did not say she should be leading. I agree Zagitova deserves to lead overall as her TES is deserved. However her PCS is far too high. Her frenatic arms and Swan Lake on crack is horrendous to watch. Her LP while still having some artistic weakness is far superior to her short.

barbarafan

No Sh**t

msadot

All that's missing is for her to give birth sometime in the interim like Chusovitina and come back to win Olympic gold.

Why not?

Tania Cagnotto is considering Tokyo 2020 after giving birth, so why shouldn't Caro act the same for Oly 2022?

lauravvv

Fiero425, I did not say she should be leading. I agree Zagitova deserves to lead overall as her TES is deserved. However her PCS is far too high. Her frenatic arms and Swan Lake on crack is horrendous to watch. Her LP while still having some artistic weakness is far superior to her short.
I am not a fan of Zagitova, and Carolina is really my favorite female skater, but I don't quite agree with you. I think for her age Zagitova is not that childish and immature at all. There are/have been older skaters than her who seem/seemed more immature in their performance and interpretation. As for the ''frenetic arms" and "Swan Lake on crack", the music is actually from the 'Black Swan' movie, so the choreography and performance of it doesn't have to be traditionally balletic - the movie is not about that. I personally like that the choreography is somewhat untraditional in this program, as it suits Zagitova more (in my opinion) than a traditional elegant 'Swan Lake' choreo would, exactly because she is not very balletic. 'Don Quixote' is a bit different - it's more energetic, dynamic and vibrant, and also more "free" (I am not talking just about Zagitova's program, but about the most famous parts of the ballet danced by Kitri and her as a character). 'Swan Lake' is less energetic, more serene and elegant and, I think, more difficult to convincingly pull of for skaters who are not that balletic - especially if they and their choreographers are trying to take the traditional route.

Fiero425

I am not a fan of Zagitova, and Carolina is really my favorite female skater, but I don't quite agree with you. I think for her age Zagitova is not that childish and immature at all. There are/have been older skaters than her who seem/seemed more immature in their performance and interpretation. As for the ''frenetic arms" and "Swan Lake on crack", the music is actually from the 'Black Swan' movie, so the choreography and performance of it doesn't have to be traditionally balletic - the movie is not about that. I personally like that the choreography is somewhat untraditional in this program, as it suits Zagitova more (in my opinion) than a traditional elegant 'Swan Lake' choreo would, exactly because she is not very balletic. 'Don Quixote' is a bit different - it's more energetic, dynamic and vibrant, and also more "free" (I am not talking just about Zagitova's program, but about the most famous parts of the ballet danced by Kitri and her as a character). 'Swan Lake' is less energetic, more serene and elegant and, I think, more difficult to convincingly pull of for skaters who are not that balletic - especially if they and their choreographers are trying to take the traditional route.

Someone may have been looking for the quiet and graceful stylings of Sasha Cohen or Oksana Baiul! But as you said, it's not the same version of "Swan Lake" which is supposed to be more frenetic! :rolleyes: :duh: :irina1: :oksana1: :sarah1: :sasha1: :violin:

msadot

11th Medal (Not hard to foresee)! (Gold)

Just Amazing. At this point... Kant wait to see what s plans for Oly 2022.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

I think for her age Zagitova is not that childish and immature at all.

Oh I do. The way those arms flail around with no meaning and no purpose would give Dick Button enough to go on for for days.

She skates rushed, so quickly with it seems almost no meaning and no purpose.

The fact that she skates all her programs with basically the same dress/tutu for everything shows me she has no range yet either.

With her its all frantic rushed skating.

briancoogaert

Oh I do. The way those arms flail around with no meaning and no purpose would give Dick Button enough to go on for for days.

She skates rushed, so quickly with it seems almost no meaning and no purpose.

The fact that she skates all her programs with basically the same dress/tutu for everything shows me she has no range yet either.

With her its all frantic rushed skating.
The problem is that new judges system asks skaters to skate with those flailing arms...
For me, it just shows you have no control of your blades.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

^^^ Well Caro got 3rd highest PCS... those interpretation and choreo scores for Zag are laughable. (I mean if she's interpreting swatting flies than yes).

Has someone straight outta juniors ever scored that high at a Euros/4 CC or worlds????

msadot

Journalist Arianna Secondini, Coach Franca Bianconi and Caro's manager Giulia Mancini commented/interviewed Caro,the record breaker. She'll go on until 2022, seems like. Yay! (Also, "the famous" 250 points will be easily reachable in Korea).

Considering the ranking and Sotkova: can we say... professor Mishin... "helped his own country to lose a medal"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information