UPDATES ON MY DREAM TO LEARN TO ICE-DANCE...WISH ME LUCK!!

Clarice

"Fly under the radar" means you do something without getting a lot of notice for it. Adult skaters don't usually get stories about them in the newspaper or on TV. We just skate because we love to skate and it doesn't matter whether we're famous or not.

Those of us who start skating as adults may never be as good as the skaters you see on TV, but we still work very hard to learn things and are proud of what we can do. But because what we do isn't as advanced as what the skaters you see on TV can do, most people aren't very interested in our skating.

In the past, I won Bronze Dance at Adult Nationals, but nobody knows who I am, and that's just fine! I worked hard to prepare for that competition, and am very proud of what my partner and I accomplished, but I know that I still have a LOT to learn before anybody would want to go out of their way to watch me skate! (And I'm probably way too old to get super good anyway!) I don't do it to get famous, I do it because I love it.

gkelly

What Level are Adults?

All levels. Some are just beginning. Some were high-level competitors when they were younger and kept skating or came back to skating later in life. And everywhere in between.

What makes them adults is their age. Skill level depends how well they can skate. Or what tests they have passed in some countries such as the US.

BTW. I start back up with Nick in Jan.

Have fun!

FSWer

In Jan. I start back up with my Lessons. I just told my Staff that I am really Ichin' to get back on the Ice,and actually start my "On-Ice-Training"!!!! I actually feel the conferdince in myself to know that I will surely do WELL!!! If you ALL have ANY MORE good advice to give me,I will surely take it. As I trust each and every one of you...GUYS!!! :)

FSWer

In Jan. I start back up with my Lessons. I just told my Staff that I am really Ichin' to get back on the Ice,and actually start my "On-Ice-Training"!!!! I actually feel the conferdince in myself to know that I will surely do WELL!!! If you ALL have ANY MORE good advice to give me,I will surely take it. As I trust each and every one of you...GUYS!!! :) [/QUOT

I can't wait to start my On-Ice-Training in Jan.,so I can keep you ALL updated. I'm sure you'll be really proud of me!!

KCC

FSWer, your posts make me smile! I'm not a skater - I just never learned - but I admire anyone, young and older, who goes out there to try. Skating takes a lot of time and practice, and you are starting in the right place with lessons. Please be careful if/when you fall. The ice is hard and cold! I really hope you enjoy it!!

Kecasyl

FSWer, your posts make me smile! I'm not a skater - I just never learned - but I admire anyone, young and older, who goes out there to try. Skating takes a lot of time and practice, and you are starting in the right place with lessons. Please be careful if/when you fall. The ice is hard and cold! I really hope you enjoy it!!

And might I add, make sure you are taught the right way to fall. Yes, there is a correct way to fall. Have fun @FSWer! :cool:

FSWer

I will...you all have helped me a lot through my Dream. I must say too,that you guys have been a blessing in discise for me. You all are the nicest,kindest,AND safest group of people I have ever known on a Chat board!!!...THANKS A BUNCH!!!

Shyjosie

I'm really, really happy for you, FSWer, and wish you the best of luck and lots of fun and success on the ice! With a good coach, you'll learn a lot and see progress. Enjoy!

FSWer

I'm really, really happy for you, FSWer, and wish you the best of luck and lots of fun and success on the ice! With a good coach, you'll learn a lot and see progress. Enjoy!

Thanks. I would love for you guys to come see me.

Yazmeen

All we are saying, is give peace a chance
I want you to know that I'm right there with you - I'm learning to skate all over again because I switched to ice dance boots and dance blades, and it's a completely different experience than my old boots and blades. The boot is cut lower, especially in the back, and I have more ankle flexibility, and the blade is shorter and thinner. It's taken me quite a while to get used to these. So in a way we are learning together! I'm rooting for you - best of luck!!!! :cheer2::cheer2:

FSWer

Not sure how this fits in with forum TOS, but maybe you can record and post some video of you doing your thing down the road.

Gee,how would I do that? BTW. Nick has a tryout. So I hope to go on the 14th.

Last edited:

Clarice

Gee,how would I do that?

Most people have somebody video them on their phones. If you don't have a phone that can take video, it would be a lot more complicated and probably not worth bothering about.

FSWer

Hi again everybody!!! Just want to share with you all were I am now...At this point, Nick and I are looking into other options. As far as getting Ice gos. As Newington hasn't been very (balanced I guess you could say) with noon Public Skate Ice-Time on Sat. Nick and I talked about possibly using another day of the week. But for me,it not only would depend on MY work schedule,as well as his...But...also if Staff would be able to bring me. But so far there has been no Sat. Public Skate. So any ideas from you all will be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information