taf2002
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hmm, taf, this is so petty and reeks of jealousy. Did you smart this way every Christmas morning when your little brother got better gifts than you? Wipe that scowl off your face, I see it clearly. The fact that I donated to her fund was to encourage others to give. This young woman needs help. That you would cynically turn it into that I'm 'bragging' and make fun of it, well, you need some professional help. I'm not even posting under my real name, yet you think I'm bragging. Great TAF. Therapy can really work, so investigate it.
    Taf, I am confused with your eyeroll wrt this situation. Do you not think she deserved a gift? Are you mad that I stated what I gave? Trust me it didn't go through taxes as charity, I gave it on the spot and cut off my weekend and lived quietly at home insteading of spending any money. It was worth it because I felt better at helping her than spending on me. I'm not sure where you are coming from. I've gotten more details, she is really on her own, and yet she still has her Vietnamese family pride. I cannot fault her for that. She has since said that she doesn't deserve any money, but her account went over $100K. If she's back in a few months, I might feel differently. Hopefully she will use that money to stay in school, help with her brother and sister, and SLEEP. I'm still not getting that eyeroll. It's so very nasty and cynical.
    I'm a praying type, too, so no harm! Heck, in situations like yours I'd take prayers, kind words, happy thoughts, healing vibes, super-gold-medal mojo, you name it.
    Love and agree with your post in the V/M thread. I keep trying to rep you for it, but it says I have to spread it around. Weird. Anyway!
    :respec: Consider yourself repped!
    I love that movie, too. Especially the dinner party scene with Uncle Morry and Aunt Sadie in her wedding dress ca. 1920.
    Happy New Year - I've never heard the black eyed peas as the lucky food on New Year's. Ya never know what FSU tells you.
    I hope that the family issues start to ease and you can have a peaceful year.
    Thanks for advice Taf, sort of tried it today but rather frustrating, I'm not a very good patient and just want to feel normal - sleeping on my back is so hard but perhaps when stitches out it will be better..
    Sorry, I just found your message. Here is my address. Hope there's time
    Lynne Vickson
    #4, 26 Menzies St
    Victoria BC Canada
    V8V 2G2
    Thank you so much for the kind words and the rep! Wishing the best to you, as well.
    Thank you! I'm sorry I missed your visit to DC :-( I'm always a day late and a dollar short.
    Happy Birthday taf. I wish you a happier year! And I appreciate all your kind words. May you and your family have some blessings this year.
    I was being similarly flippant (except clumsily :eek:). I allowed myself to be annoyed by one of Dancin' Dream's posts, which was silly of me.
    taf,

Since you know me, I think that you know why I have a special interest in the issue.
    I hope that I didn't offend you in any way, and cause you to delete your post.
    Thanks for the rep! I just hope it becomes reality. I'm so sorry about your friend. I hope things can be peaceful and pain-free.
    Thank you for introducing me to the expression "vicarious thrill". I'll live to use it properly at least once in my lifetime XX :D
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Do Not Sell My Personal Information