Recent content by delayedaxel

1. delayedaxel

If dogs (or cats or whatever) were skaters:

That's wrong! They have their own fully choreographed musical! 😀
  2. delayedaxel

Valieva Banned for Four Years, Effective December 25, 2021

Four years seem pretty harsh for me, given that Valieva most certainly did not take the Trimetadizin on purpose (or knowingly) and Eteri Tutberize (and/ or the team doctor or other shady figures in the background) that surely play a role in this scharade go unpunished.
  3. delayedaxel

Maria Butyrskaya - Ilia Malinin is not even American

I almost find Irina‘s comment more interesting (if translated properly), not caring about Ilia‘s quad axel „because he is American“. For somebody who dominated the field quite some time, this shows some big ignorance in the developpment of her sport.
  4. delayedaxel

Figure Skating Baby News!

Congratulations! Nice to see her so happy! :)
  5. delayedaxel

Oleg Protopopov has died at age 91

Rest in peace, you will be missed.
  6. delayedaxel

War in Israel

Oh my god, this is just so horryfying and sad. How come, Israeli intelligence seems not to have had a clue?
  7. delayedaxel

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

I'm afraid her nomination would be in vain...
  8. delayedaxel

toe walley vs. toe loop; walleys

I was also wondering why you don't say "Rittberger" in the anglophone world but "loop jump".
  9. delayedaxel

It Why is this not a thing?
  10. delayedaxel

Wouldn't a toeless lutz be anything different than a Walley taken off from the wrong edge?
  11. delayedaxel

At least we know now what we are talking about! German English Oppacher inside axel Einwärtsaxel one-foot-axel
  12. delayedaxel

Wow, thank you! This is the first time I already saw this rare jump, wow! :40beers: Looks like an axel jumped backward for me.
  13. delayedaxel

Now I am getting confused... if I translate "inside axel" into German that's "Einwärtsaxel", referring to "einwärts" as the landing edge. But what we, literally, call "Einwärtsaxel" in German is a one-foot-axel in English, probably due to the fact that takeoff and landing foot is the same. As...
  14. delayedaxel

As far a s I know, Swiss skater Nathalie Krieg invented the "Biellmann". It bears Biellmann's name, because she made it popular and it was her trademark element.
  15. delayedaxel

A little bit off topic, but does anyone happen to know what exactly the Oppacher (jump) is? Thanks!
Do Not Sell My Personal Information