The Dance Hall 11: Movin' On Up 2023-2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marta24

coralline

What is a Dance Party? I‘m confused…

Oh and for Junior’s RD:
Pattern is Paso Doble too:Holds open to chose (except Hand-in-Hand); OK to switch steps between woman and man but not mandatory.
Other 3 elements remain the same.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
what a miserable idea. I’m all for bringing skating and the judging into this century but this is dumb and vague, and somehow the choreographers will manage to get the most safe and bland choices possible.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
what a miserable idea. I’m all for bringing skating and the judging into this century, but this is dumb and vague, and somehow the choreographers will manage to get the most safe and bland choices possible.
This is surely even worse than the originally rumored "movies" theme. Though it's giving me hope that the 2026-27 season will be "Dance Party 19th Century!" and we get a waltz or polka, lol.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
My parents went to dance parties in the 20th century with Benny Goodman swing. I went to dance parties with 1960s pop (I think the first song I ever danced to was Midnight Confessions.) My daughter danced to the Spice Girls as a tween. I mean, really?

Seerek

The 21st century Dance Party is so obviously a desperation move by the ISU for program(s) to (supposedly) go "viral" during the Olympic season...but Universal has already removed its music from TikTok, so....?

Maybe the 2026-27 RD (if it's still called that by then) will be "The Wheels on the Bus" + any CocoMelon/PinkFong selection...

Last edited:

Rhumba d’Amour

If this is true, the only thing I can think is that the ISU expects that all the old-timers among the current dance teams (in other words, the only ones still dancing who had to compete or train the classic pattern dances) will retire after 2024 Worlds, leaving no competitors who have the experience to do anything other than themes like this.

Really, ISU. You had your fun this year, with the 80s theme, and look where that got you. Are you saying you found this type of theme a success?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information