The Dance Hall 11: Movin' On Up 2023-2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Second to last opportunity for Worlds' minimum TES in Egna this week. With Armenians, Brazilians, Kazakhs, some Swiss teams entered.

Technical panel for Seniors is Leslie Keen of Canada, Candice Towler-Green of Great Britain (directly from Bavarian Open) and Marien de l'Asuncion.
Panel of judges seems a mix of Pavel Roman Memorial and Bosphorus Cup panels+ an American judge....not bad for those searching for some generous GOEs.
The Britzilians, Kazakhs and Sassi/Morini need just the RD min, they have the FD already. The Belgians and Danes and Calderari/Murer need both the RD and FD TES mins for Worlds.

The Armenians are listed as Res 1 for Challenge Cup but aren't on the entry list for Egna this weekend.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Because I don't know where else to put this (it's too skating-centered for the movie thread): Ben Agosto and Alexe Gilles have Instagram posts up talking about how they worked on Argylle.

Karen-W

Because I don't know where else to put this (it's too skating-centered for the movie thread): Ben Agosto and Alexe Gilles have Instagram posts up talking about how they worked on Argylle.

I saw the clip and credits listed on John Crafoord's IG story last week and this might also belong in the pairs general discussion thread ;). There is a pretty spectacular looking stunt that looks suspiciously like a pairs throw and Aljona Savchenko was listed in the credits as well.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
Shang Shi (of Shi / Wu who competed at 4CC) said on Weibo that the RD pattern next season seemed to be Paso Doble.

Edit: The linked Weibo post is now private so I deleted the link.

Last edited:

Marta24

I like Paso. The last time it was used was in the 2014/2015 season. I think there was a rumor that next season the theme for the RD is going to be "movies"?

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I actually really love the paso pattern, but it does have some similarities in places to the samba pattern they used this year so I'm kind of ??? about this but also they'll use like 5 steps max so what does it matter I guess

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Which pisses me ofc because I like the Paso pattern and want more of it!

On another note, reading Gracie’s bio and her tales of her boyfriend James Hernandez and all I can think is he must like opinionated women. :)

zebobes

Why are the rumors for next year's RD so secretive? Aren't coaches and skaters already picking music for next year? Or do they tell coaches, and just ask them to keep it a secret?

I'm guessing we'll see lots of programs like Mask of Zorro, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and James Bond...

litenkyckling

Why are the rumors for next year's RD so secretive? Aren't coaches and skaters already picking music for next year? Or do they tell coaches, and just ask them to keep it a secret?

I'm guessing we'll see lots of programs like Mask of Zorro, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and James Bond...
I think coaches have a good idea but it will likely be made official or voted on (or however they decide) at the next ice dance technical committee meeting which I think happens after worlds? I remember in the past they’ve live streamed on YouTube the announcement and discussion with coaches (when they announced tango after Milan 2018 worlds). But I imagine they’ve been discussing their ideas with coaches for months to get a feel for what they think too.

Andrea82

I think coaches have a good idea but it will likely be made official or voted on (or however they decide) at the next ice dance technical committee meeting which I think happens after worlds? I remember in the past they’ve live streamed on YouTube the announcement and discussion with coaches (when they announced tango after Milan 2018 worlds). But I imagine they’ve been discussing their ideas with coaches for months to get a feel for what they think too.
Oh yes, the 2018 and 2019 meeting with coaches held during Worlds was streamed live...and in 2019 we got Babs complaining to Halina about the calls on the cross rolls during the Tango pattern during the season

Wyliefan

The Britzilians, Kazakhs and Sassi/Morini need just the RD min, they have the FD already. The Belgians and Danes and Calderari/Murer need both the RD and FD TES mins for Worlds.

The Armenians are listed as Res 1 for Challenge Cup but aren't on the entry list for Egna this weekend.
NONE of them got minimums today. :( Only the top five got TES above 35, and they all already had it.

litenkyckling

Oh yes, the 2018 and 2019 meeting with coaches held during Worlds was streamed live...and in 2019 we got Babs complaining to Halina about the calls on the cross rolls during the Tango pattern during the season
this is why they need to bring it back - huge amounts of entertainment to be had

Karen-W

It wouldn't surprise me if quiet word has gone out to tech panels for these last 3 senior Bs (Bavarian Open, Egna Dance Trophy & Challenge Cup) to be strict with levels. There are already 36 likely entries for Worlds which translates to 8 warm-up groups and we know that the ISU's preferred sweet spot for the number of warm-up groups at Worlds is 6. It will be interesting to see how the TES mins are utilized next year when we have the re-introduction of the Qualifying Rounds at Worlds.

ETA - 36 teams with TES mins for Worlds
CAN - Gilles/Poirier, Fournier Beaudry/Soerensen, Lajoie/Lagha (plus several others if this isn't the named team)
USA - Bratti/Somerville, Carreira/Ponomarenko, Chock/Bates
CZE - Mrazkova/Mrazek, Taschlerova/Taschler
FIN - Orihara/Pirinen, Turkkila/Versluis
FRA - Demougeot/Le Mercier, Lopareva/Brissaud
GBR - Bekker/Hernandez, Fear/Gibson
ITA - Guignard/Fabbri, Manni/Roethlisberger
LTU - Ramanauskaite/Kizala, Reed/Ambrulevicius
AUS - Harris/Chan
AZE - Carhart/Kolosovskyi
CHN - Chen/Xing
ESP - Smart/Dieck
EST - Mazingue/Gaidajenko
GEO - Davis/Smolkin
GER - Janse van Rensburg/Steffan
HUN - Ignateva/Szemko
IRL - Soucisse/Firus
ISR - Nosovitskaya/Nosovitskiy
JPN - Komatsubara/Koleto
KOR - Lim/Quan
NED - Jakucs/Galli
POL - not sure which team has been named to Worlds
SUI - Zehnder/Sieber (??? they didn't go to Euros even though they're clearly much better than Sassi/Morini; waiting to see if Maksymec/Desmarais can earn the TES mins at Challenge Cup)
SVK - Simova/Aksenov or Pucherova/Lysak
SWE - Reitan/Majorov
UKR - Holubtsova/Bielobrov

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Tali/Lafornara just put the cat among the pigeons in Egna, to borrow a Chrisism, skating two clean programs and breaking 170! If they can keep this up, I'm going to be worried for the Germans at Junior Worlds! I wanted T/L to do well -- I'm not certain I wanted them to do quite THIS well. :lol: Be careful what you wish for. Granted, they're Italians skating in Italy, but I'm not sure you can put it all down to home cooking. When they go clean, they're very good.

Dobre

Working my way through the last of 4CCs and, while I like Chris, I would like to lodge a complaint.

Please stop telling skaters that Muse is a "perfect choice" or that no one gets tired of it.

I'd had enough of Muse back when Duhamel & Radford were skating to it ages ago. At this point, Muse--and Exogenesis in particular--is beyond tired. It is a charred cinder campfire crust, still smoking after attempts to bury it under scoops of shoveled earth.

Andrea82

Tali/Lafornara just put the cat among the pigeons in Egna, to borrow a Chrisism, skating two clean programs and breaking 170! If they can keep this up, I'm going to be worried for the Germans at Junior Worlds! I wanted T/L to do well -- I'm not certain I wanted them to do quite THIS well. :lol: Be careful what you wish for. Granted, they're Italians skating in Italy, but I'm not sure you can put it all down to home cooking. When they go clean, they're very good.
The Free Dance is watchable here: https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=2532128040325490

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information