2024 US Nats Men FS: Succession would be The Impossible Dream but Silver is Up For Grabs

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual

They did it guys. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3flip e for Naumov.

Not a SINGLE call for Brown.
once again the skating skills are a joke. I'm sorry, but Jason's skating skills have degraded and Ilia's...like I love him for what he is but a beautiful edge worker he is not.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I should have just tuned in around the time the last four competed. This is the first time that I felt like I just wasted precious time.

Jammers

He won't be working out kinks going to Four Continents. The men's short program begins at 3 am Thursday morning. He's got a little over a week until Art on Ice, and then after that a month to train for Worlds. It's a plan that makes sense.
He had no such excuse last season when 4CC started nine days later and was in the US.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I do love Jason's skating in theory, but the problem with what he showed up with today is not anywhere near where he's been in the past but he got scored like he always does. Oh well, maybe he'll clean it up before worlds idk.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
if Jason skates like this and the panels aren't feeling friendly he could get buried let's be honest

That's my hope. :EVILLE:

I don't think that comparing disaster competitions is helpful. How does this compare to Japanese Nationals?
Ilia silver, rest of the podium 6th (Tomono 271, Tsuboi 252), 5th-9th would have been 9th (Yoshioka 249, Miyake 226). Sooooooo, somewhat comparable-ish. Not where they need to be but not hopeless.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
The sport needs an overhaul. I don’t know any other sport with judges where so much is open to a very loose interpretation of the rules. I’m tired of whining about wrong edges, skating skills (and the lack thereof), skaters who can’t rotate jumps, and ice dancers who have poor basics being scored similar to technicians. Malinin is another in a long line of big jumps (some not even done today) being thrown high PCS. Paniot still deserved mid-4s. There needs to be distinction between the skaters who excel in their areas.

Judge what’s being seen. Both the judges and the tech panels. That’s it. The ‘we only have one camera!’ bullshit is so old.

YourBorneo

Now is the Winter of our missed content
The sport needs an overhaul. I don’t know any other sport with judges were so much is open to a very loose interpretation of the rules. I’m tired of whining about wrong edges, skating skills (and the lack thereof), skaters who can’t rotate jumps, and ice dancers who have poor basics being scored similar to technicians. Malinin is another in a long line of big jumps (some not even done today) being thrown high PCS. Paniot still deserved mid-4s. There needs to be distinction between the skaters who excel in their areas.

Judge what’s being seen. Both the judges and the tech panels. That’s it. The ‘we only have one camera!’ bullshit is so old.
Exactly. There’s more than one camera catching views of skaters coming off the ice after their bows. Give me a break!

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
It's not the level of skating for me. It was the absolutely awful judging and calling across all 4 disciplines. Has it ever been THIS bad?
Fair. I'll join you in being pissed about the calling and judging. My mom didn't even bother calling me after Pairs last night because she remembered I'd told her after the Pairs SP that the old man and little girl were USFS faves.

Dance turned out to be the best judged - mostly because the judges had enough self-respect to give CarPon the FD win after the junk ChoBat delivered.

skatingguy

decently
Ilia silver, rest of the podium 6th (Tomono 271, Tsuboi 252), 5th-9th would have been 9th (Yoshioka 249, Miyake 226). Sooooooo, somewhat comparable-ish. Not where they need to be but not hopeless.
But Malinin's 294 at US Nationals would have dropped at least 10 points at Japanese Nationals where they don't give those kinds of scores just because you're the favourite. I would say 4th, or maybe 5th depending on the reviews of a few of those jumps.

skateboy

Jason needs a new program NOW.
Jason needs to retire now.

Or... at least be judged on what he's actually putting on the ice. Max should be going to worlds, not Jason. Jason is no longer a safeguard for USFS and may even be a liability. Max -- and Camden -- are on an upswing and are the ones that should be given more opportunities.

I'm still mad!

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Finally, the medal ceremony. I was beginning to think Columbus was just going to have a giant dance party all night long.

Evgeniafan

Jason needs to retire now.

Or... at least be judged on what he's actually putting on the ice. Max should be going to worlds, not Jason. Jason is no longer a safeguard for USFS and may even be a liability. Max -- and Camden -- are on an upswing and are the ones that should be given more opportunities.

I'm still mad!
I love Jason, but he should not be going to Worlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information