Alec Baldwin shot 2 crew members accidently

Barbara Manatee

Could the gun have automatically fired?
The FBI says no -

The actor’s public claim “I didn’t pull the trigger” was also contradicted by the FBI analysis of the vintage Colt handgun that fired the fatal shot. “With the hammer at full cock, the revolver could not be made to fire without a pull of the trigger while the working internal components were intact and functional,” according to the report. The FBI lab also states that releasing the hammer when it was pulled back only a quarter or half did not result in enough impact to fire a round.

vgerdes

Baldwinhas said that he did not pull the trigger. Could the gun have automatically fired? That will be up to the experts - their testimony could be key, at least for Baldwin. I think Hanna is in deeper trouble because she was the one to check the gun before handing it over.

I agree with you. She bears the greater culpability in this situation, and will likely face a stiffer penalty if convicted. I do think it unlikely that either she or Baldwin will actually be convicted, but I suppose if they have compelling enough evidence to charge them, it could happen.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Do people not realize that blanks contain a casing and gunpowder and can injure if used improperly? They are not completely safe and people have died from being shot by them at close range. Here is an article that explains it:

So they would have helped in this situation since the person Baldwin shot was far enough away. But not if he had shot the gun at close range.

Btw, I felt for Baldwin having to live with the knowledge that his actions had caused another person to die. But that sympathy has faded away knowing he is now trying to pretend he didn't pull the trigger.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Do people not realize that blanks contain a casing and gunpowder and can injure if used improperly? They are not completely safe and people have died from being shot by them at close range. Here is an article that explains it:

So they would have helped in this situation since the person Baldwin shot was far enough away. But not if he had shot the gun at close range.

Btw, I felt for Baldwin having to live with the knowledge that his actions had caused another person to die. But that sympathy has faded away knowing he is now trying to pretend he didn't pull the trigger.
I didn't know blanks are not really Blank.

Winnipeg

Do people agree with this? I assume the prosecutors did this because they believed they did not have sufficient evidence to pursue a higher offense?

Winnipeg

Seems odd since the investigation was not finished yet. Also, the guy who handed him the gun was charged so why is AB any different??

Amy L

I thought the case against him as the (accidental) shooter was weak, but him being a producer on a movie that had lax security checks and gun protocol would have been a stronger way to go.

barbk

I thought the case against him as the (accidental) shooter was weak, but him being a producer on a movie that had lax security checks and gun protocol would have been a stronger way to go.
That sounds more like unsafe working conditions - an OSHA-type offense - probably civil?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information