2023 Oscars “Red” Carpet & Ceremony

jenny12

Rooting for Michelle Yeoh and Angela Bassett! 💜💜

I love Jamie Lee Curtis as well but I’d really like to see Angela Bassett get it this time. Seems people are saying Kerry Condon will win though. For best actor, I’d actually prefer if Colin Farrell, Paul Mescal or Bill Nighy won but I think it will be Brendan Fraser (nothing against him but I didn’t care for that movie).

Last edited:

Allskate

Seems people are saying Kerry Condon will win though. For best actor, I’d actually prefer if Colin Farrell, Paul Mescal or Bill Nighy won but I think it will be Brendan Fraser (nothing against him but I didn’t care for that movie).
I didn't like Banshees at all and would be perfectly happy if it won no awards.

The nominations are here:

Allskate

I wonder how many members only voted because they saw Guillmero del Toro in the title and didn’t actually watch all of the nominees in this category.

Guillermo Del Toro's Pinnochio is the only nominated animated film I saw this year. It really was a movie for parents, in more ways that one. So, maybe it appeals to adults (academy voters) more than the other films do? As I haven't seen the other nominees, I can't say.

Allskate

I haven't seen Everything Everywhere All at Once. (I wish it were streaming.) But, I still thought that win by Ke Huy Quan was so wonderful. It was great to see the responses to his win and his speech. Also lovely to see the response to Jamie Lee Curtis winning. She gave a very generous speech.

Amy L

I missed a few minutes and I literally have no idea who that singer was. Does that make me an old?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information