Todd Sand Recovering from Heart Attack at Home

Sylvia

TBD
Alexa's post just now (with 4 practice photos from Great Park Ice): https://www.instagram.com/p/CpYXt_TPh1h/
..coping…..February 20…
“Just really sell that moment and make it big because you guys are good. Well, sorry, you’re not good, you’re GREAT!”
Come on, Todd….show me that grandiose presence and fight like bleeping hell. We need you. Don’t make me come over there.

Yuri

Many prayers for Todd's full recovery! My family has known Todd and Jenni for over 30 years (before they teamed up together) and I even stayed for a couple nights in his townhouse with his other roommates in Orange County circa-1990 when he was on the Champions on Ice tour. Even borrowed his golf clubs while visiting the O.C. and my sibling was training for shows with John Nicks! I was very happy to spend time with Todd again "at the bar" at US Nationals in Greensboro NC two years ago after a couple decades break and he's always been a first-class guy. My prayers are out for Jenni as well, who was very close with my skating sibling back in the day.

dogbert

I have to agree. Jessica Calalang posted to her IG story simply "Please keep praying" and there are other IG posts today that have me very concerned.
Yes, that was my feeling too. It's been over 48 hours - if it was a mild heart attack, you would expect an update to the effect that he is "resting comfortably" instead of what we are hearing over social media. Sending much healing energy to Todd...

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I’m praying hard for Todd Sand! 🙏
I first saw him live at the 1982 Worlds in Copenhagen, where he was Denmark’s National champ. 🇩🇰 Always a gentle personable soul. My mom really loved him the most, LOL. Come on, Todd! You will recover. Puerto Rican prayers for you!!!

Allskate

Yes, that was my feeling too. It's been over 48 hours - if it was a mild heart attack, you would expect an update to the effect that he is "resting comfortably" instead of what we are hearing over social media. Sending much healing energy to Todd...

It's clearly very serious. I'm trying to be encouraged by the fact that at least he still seems to be with us. I haven't seen any updates today.

I'm so sad, not just for Todd, but for his family and others in his life who care about him.

Poor Alexa is clearly having a tough time. She's posting to cope. Her latest IG story appears to be with Todd and a Snoopy that is hugging a heart.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
It seems that their eldest, Jack, is being tasked with social.

Sylvia

TBD
It seems that their eldest, Jack, is being tasked with social.
He tweeted 22 hours ago: "I would like to thank everyone and especially those in the Skating community on behalf of my family for their thoughts and prayers."

He also shared 2 photos yesterday of his younger self with his dad: https://twitter.com/jacksand_2/status/1632145451825926145

Todd's wiki says elder son Jack was born in 2004 and Matthew in 2006.

Last edited:

puglover

Does anyone know if he is still in hospital in Calgary or has he been transferred to a heart centre closer to home? I know the health insurance companies get Canadians out of the U.S. as soon as possible because of the costs but I am not sure if that is a factor the other way around.

skatfan

We are on the outer circle so I’m guessing it’s pretty low priority to keep us up to date. I’m guessing that the local skating community is helping Jenni and the family navigate things locally, and the USFS will help as well.

barbarafan

Does anyone know if he is still in hospital in Calgary or has he been transferred to a heart centre closer to home? I know the health insurance companies get Canadians out of the U.S. as soon as possible because of the costs but I am not sure if that is a factor the other way around.
Health care varies province to province so I am not sure about Alberta but in quebec...for us it is free...for visitors from USA they have to pay but would be incredibly less than in USA.

Habs

A bitch from Canada
Health care varies province to province so I am not sure about Alberta but in quebec...for us it is free...for visitors from USA they have to pay but would be incredibly less than in USA.
Free for us in AB too but as Americans, they would have some costs paid for by out of country insurance, etc.

I would imagine he's still in Calgary. They have an excellent Cardiology centre and it's likely it's best to keep him there instead of risking transporting him, depending on the severity of the heart attack.

kalamalka

Even at full cost (for non-Canadians) the charges for care in a Canadian hospital would be significantly less than in a US hospital, so there would not likely be an issue with insurers. I would expect as Habs said that any transfer would not likely happen until his condition improves - or maybe even when ready to be discharged from acute care.

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
Given the sh&tshow that was the medical issues of Kostamarov for a while, I'm glad that Jenni and family are keeping things private, as it is nobody's business what is going on or how serious it is. I hope that he is doing well, and will recover quickly and fully.

ballettmaus

Which is probably for the best, given the nature of public speculation.
It is their decision how to handle it and I'm sure they have other things on their mind than putting updates on social media but generally, the less someone knows the more room for speculation there is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information