ISU Challenger Series 2022/23 season

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
GrePar aren't competing at Golden Spin, unless the USFS changes their initial entries. :wuzrobbed I want my pre-Nationals GrePar/CarPon showdown, dammit!
I suspect this may be done on purpose for the time being. See how they both do at their second GPs to decide how they want to score them for Nats. Yes I am saying they cook the ice dance scores, but this is not shocking to anyone haha.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
I suspect this may be done on purpose for the time being. See how they both do at their second GPs to decide how they want to score them for Nats. Yes I am saying they cook the ice dance scores, but this is not shocking to anyone haha.
I'm expecting them to get buried at NHK, to be honest. With IAM having 6 teams there, the politics do not favor GrePar at all.

Karen-W

Golden Spin entries were updated today:

Men -
Weissert, Sedej, Samoilov - out

Women -
Pesendorfer, Kurakova - out

Pairs -
Hocke/Kunkel - out

Dance -
NosoSibs - out; Reed/Ambrulevicius - added

None of the GPF qualifiers have been removed yet by their feds (Grassl, Levito, Conti/Macii, Chan/Howe) - I presume that will happen next week after Espoo finalizes those fields completely

Karen-W

I’m glad Kurakova is getting a rest, didn’t she do two GPs and Warsaw Cup in the last month?
SkAm was 3 weeks before MKJW, but then she did MKJW and Warsaw Cup back-to-back. Almost all the skaters are in their high season where they have 3 competitions within a 5-6 week span.

Karen-W

Golden Spin entries updated again today -

Men (19 entries) - Grassl out
*Malinin still listed - should be replaced by one of the other US men (Kapeikis, Naumov or Paniot) within the next day or two

Women (32 entries) - Mikutina, Kiibus, Pezzetta, Repond, Lamsam & Levito out; Thorngren added

Pairs (19 entries) - Les Kovs, Piegad/Strekalin, Conti/Macii, & Ghilardi/Ambrosini out; Faula/Belle FRA added
*Chan/Howe still listed - should be replaced by McBeath/Bartholomay (the only subs listed) within the next day or two

Dance (22 entries) - both French teams (Demougeot/Le Mercier & Dupayage/Nabais) out

Sylvia

TBD
USFS' International Assignments page was updated today (11/28) and now lists for Golden Spin:

Levito (withdrawn 11/28) GPF confirmed
Tennell
Thorngren (added 11/28)
Ziegler

Hiwatashi
Malinin (withdrawn 11/28) GPF confirmed; no replacement added
Pulkinen

Pairs:
Chan/Howe (withdrawn 11/28) GPF confirmed
Kam/O'Shea
McBeath/Bartholomay (added 11/28)
Smirnova/Siianytsia

Ice Dance (unchanged):
Carreira/Ponomarenko
Pate/Bye
Zingas/Kolesnik

ETA that only Thorngren's name has been added in the ISU entries as of today: https://results.isu.org/events/fsevent00113553.htm

Last edited:

Karen-W

USFS' International Assignments page was updated today (11/28) and now lists for Golden Spin:

Levito (withdrawn 11/28) GPF confirmed
Tennell
Thorngren (added 11/28)
Ziegler

Hiwatashi
Malinin (withdrawn 11/28) GPF confirmed; no replacement added
Pulkinen

Pairs:
Chan/Howe (withdrawn 11/28) GPF
Kam/O'Shea
McBeath/Bartholomay (added 11/28)
Smirnova/Siianytsia

Ice Dance (unchanged):
Carreira/Ponomarenko
Pate/Bye
Zingas/Kolesnik
They must have just updated it because when I refreshed before checking the Golden Spin entries they still had Malinin, Levito & Chan/Howe listed - but they also had already added the GPF qualifiers, lol.

Stephanie

Ziegler and Hiwatashi are out of Golden Spin per the USFS website 😢

I’m surprised at Ziegler as I think she could really use the experience. Hopefully the reason is nothing serious. Perhaps Tomoki thought he was better off training nonstop for nationals.

Last edited:

Karen-W

Ziegler and Hiwatashi are out of Golden Spin per the USFS website 😢

I’m surprised at Ziegler as I think she could really use the experience. Hopefully the reason is nothing serious. Perhaps Tomoki thought he was better off training nonstop for nationals.
Pffft... I was hoping to read that Tennell was out because she's the one who could really use the training time.

Hopefully the skaters will be replaced and it's just taking a bit of time to go down the list and assign someone.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Call to Starr Andrews…I hope! Finish on a high note, before Nationals?

Andrea82

I know Golden Spin is known for its "funny" scores but they aren't bothering even with a result page this year?
For Challenger Series events, ISU should ask for a minimum level (at least one update after each group. Oh well, at least putting it online)

Last edited:

clairecloutier

I suppose this means there is no livestream either from Golden Spin? I think they’ve usually had one in the past. ETA: I’m seeing the thread with info now in the KissnCry section.

A working results page and a livestream should definitely be a requirement for any CS event IMO.

raruki

I suppose this means there is no livestream either from Golden Spin? I think they’ve usually had one in the past. ETA: I’m seeing the thread with info now in the KissnCry section.

A working results page and a livestream should definitely be a requirement for any CS event IMO.
It is a joke, and even much worse than the Asian ‘Open’ last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information