2023 Canadian Stars on Ice Tour

Teenes

Stars on Ice just released the tour schedule for the 2023 Spring Stars on Ice Canada tour.

Tickets go on sale via presale on 10/7 at 10AM local time (I've seen the passwords AXEL on Facebook and LUTZ on Twitter).

The cast so far are Patrick Chan, Kurt Browning, Elvis Stojko, Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier, Alexa Knierim & Brandon Frazier, and Jason Brown. With more TBA of course.

Tour schedule (scroll past the holiday shows):
https://www.starsonice.ca/buy-tickets

4/28 - Halifax, NS
4/30 - Ottawa, ON
5/3 - Moncton, NB
5/5 - Toronto, ON
5/6 - Hamilton, ON
5/7 - Kitchener, ON
5/10 - Winnipeg, MB
5/11 - Saskatoon, SK
5/13 - Edmonton, AB
5/14 - Calgary, AB
5/16 - Victoria, BC
5/18 - Vancouver, BC

Teenes

FYI, the pre-sales for Hamilton, Winnipeg, and Vancouver begin on Dec. 6 at 10AM local time. The pre-sale for Toronto begins on Dec. 8 at 10AM local time, at least according to the ticket sites for those venues. The rest should begin on Dec. 7 at 10AM. General on sale is Friday Dec. 9.

Sylvia

TBD
@FSWer, in case you missed seeing it, I posted a reply to you earlier this fall about how the U.S. SOI tour usually is downsized in the year after the Olympics: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...-out-and-when-is-it-held.109910/#post-6299245

FWIW, I heard there will be a U.S. SOI tour in 2023 but likely fewer cities than in Canada. :(

I'm glad that Alexa/Brandon and Jason will get the opportunity to do a full tour in Canada and really hope all 3 of them will skate in whatever U.S. tour might happen (starting after May 18, 2023 perhaps?).

shutterbug

Currently watching the CBC broadcast of the 2022 show. Many, many commercials for the upcoming tour, including the formal announcement of Gilles & Poirier joining the cast. :)

ETA: Oops, G/P were part of the initial cast announcement, guess they're taking advantage of the GP Final win to promote ticket sales while it's in the news. (y)

Last edited:

Desperado

Currently watching the CBC broadcast of the 2022 show. Many, many commercials for the upcoming tour, including the formal announcement of Gilles & Poirier joining the cast. :)

ETA: Oops, G/P were part of the initial cast announcement, guess they're taking advantage of the GP Final win to promote ticket sales while it's in the news. (y)
Thank you for the reminder. Will watch on Gem.

Sylvia

TBD
The cast so far are Patrick Chan, Kurt Browning, Elvis Stojko, Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier, Alexa Knierim & Brandon Frazier, and Jason Brown. With more TBA of course.
Madison Chock & Evan Bates and Satoko Miyahara are the latest additions: https://www.starsonice.ca/the-skaters

U.S. Stars on Ice tour will begin on May 20 in Anaheim, CA:

ETA:

Japan's Stars on Ice tour will start after 2023 Worlds ends in Saitama on Sunday, March 26 - scheduled Spring 2023 shows are Friday & Saturday, March 31-April 1 in Osaka; Tuesday & Wednesday, April 4-5 in Oshu (Iwate); Friday to Sunday, April 7-9, in Shin-Yokohama (to be followed by ISU World Team Trophy in Tokyo, April 13-16, 2023).
We usually have a separate JSOI thread in GSD after the initial cast is announced.

Last edited:

dramagrrl

I saw an ad online that is billing this year's CSOI as Kurt's final tour. Is that correct?

chantilly

Ah too bad. For whatever reason, I thought it’s be cool at some point for Kurt to do a program to Pagliacci as a counterpart to his famous comedic clown program.
Le Sigh.
I knew it was coming, but I’m glad he’s likely going out on his own terms.
His kids are getting older and he may want kids with Alyssa.
Plus he’s still commentating although that’s less and far between due to the dip in popularity of FS in general.
I’m not likely going to go to this show as I’d have to travel but I’ll definitely catch it on TV

Last edited:

chantilly

I’m starting to get the feeling that they may be done?
I hope not.
It’s such a bummer not seeing V/M as professionals as well as B/K from the past.
It would have been great to see them develop
But maybe they’re just taking a break for some reason.

Skate Talker

I'm thinking that there's just not enough money in it anymore to justify the costs of training, choreo, costuming etc. as opposed to finding other work. (Well unless you are a Japanese skater, anyway.) One does have to earn a living more than one-month per year.
It's a different story if you are still an active competitor.

Colonel Green

I’m starting to get the feeling that they may be done?
I hope not.
It’s such a bummer not seeing V/M as professionals as well as B/K from the past.
It would have been great to see them develop
But maybe they’re just taking a break for some reason.
I'm thinking that there's just not enough money in it anymore to justify the costs of training, choreo, costuming etc. as opposed to finding other work. (Well unless you are a Japanese skater, anyway.) One does have to earn a living more than one-month per year.
It's a different story if you are still an active competitor.
I got the impression that Andrew is similar to Tessa in having his long-term focus being outside skating (whereas Scott and Kaitlyn are working behind the scenes).

puglover

I am not sure of my facts here but I had thought Kaitlyn was working in New York and Andrew had taken a coaching position somewhere in western Canada?? Last year I enjoyed them so much and felt they had not lost a beat - in fact - they were better than ever, even though it was post, you know, and I wondered how they had been able to train together.

chantilly

I am not sure of my facts here but I had thought Kaitlyn was working in New York and Andrew had taken a coaching position somewhere in western Canada?? Last year I enjoyed them so much and felt they had not lost a beat - in fact - they were better than ever, even though it was post, you know, and I wondered how they had been able to train together.
I just read that Andrew is coaching in my neck of the woods Kelowna, as of 2021.
It’s great to have more coaching talent in BC

aml78

No Kaetlyn ☹️
As sad as I am to see this she doesn’t look like she’s really maintained her skating enough to be part of the tour. The last few years she’s struggled to stay on her feet with basic jumps. She’s really thrown herself into her next phase of life which is awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information