Peacock Subscription Discount

peibeck

Simply looking
I don't see them when I look.

I haven't been on Peacock today but when I was in the Sports section under "Live and Upcoming" all the events for that day were still available to stream. Again, this was before the men started, but the ladies, dance and pairs streams were still there. I clicked on ladies and it started the stream...

I didn't watch but a minute, then went to watch the men live.

BaileyCatts

You are correct. Same as skating ... its either watch it "Live" as it happens, or not at all. If you are a fan of both skating and gymnastics, on November 5th you're screwed. Its either watch GP France or apparatus finals as both are pretty much overlapping the entire morning.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
You are correct. Same as skating ... its either watch it "Live" as it happens, or not at all. If you are a fan of both skating and gymnastics, on November 5th you're screwed. Its either watch GP France or apparatus finals as both are pretty much overlapping the entire morning.
Just a reminder here that the Opera browser is a free, quick option to be able to rewatch the skating. It just takes a few clicks to get the VPN enabled. Is watching on a computer ideal? Maybe not, but it's something.

When the Peacock skating feed went down during Skate Canada, it took me about 15 seconds to open Opera browser, go to YouTube to click the live ISU link, and be able to pick back up on the skating.

love skating

Clueless American
There are major spyware concerns with Opera. Stay away.
I've heard this a lot. Since I am in "no technik" when it comes to computers, is it still bad if you only use the Opera browser to watch skating on Youtube or would it still be a major problem? Hope that's not a stupid question!

Bouffantrex

Banned Member
I've heard this a lot. Since I am in "no technik" when it comes to computers, is it still bad if you only use the Opera browser to watch skating on Youtube or would it still be a major problem? Hope that's not a stupid question!
Likely fine, but personally I would not use Opera to conduct banking transactions or visit more "unsavory" parts of the internet. However, I defer to other more knowledgeable technology experts here.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Likely fine, but personally I would not use Opera to conduct banking transactions or visit more "unsavory" parts of the internet. However, I defer to other more knowledgeable technology experts here.
Well, using Opera and it's free VPN to visit the ISU's YT channel - and not logged in for that since if you log in to your Google/YT account then it automatically knows your location and geoblocks you - is hardly the same as doing your online banking or other private business.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge

Karen-W

Someone posted on Twitter that there is a replay up on Peacock for the ladies' SP at GP France. It's time-limited--only available for 8 hours or so. Still excellent news--hopefully this means a change in policy/compromise measure??

Yes I see it there and it has "time to watch" on it. Well that's better than no replays!
Maybe they realized that with the time difference, it's pretty darn inconvenient for many fans to watch. They really should make it a 12 or 24 hr replay window, but this is better than nothing!

BaileyCatts

Why can't they have commentary on Peacock. Terry, Johnny and Tara are NBC contracted, Peacock is NBC owned, they are calling the event anyway for the crappy little 90 minute recap show for NBC, why can't they run commentary like they just did for gymnastics Worlds? I get bored when there is no commentary. I like commentary, so there. :p

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Why can't they have commentary on Peacock. Terry, Johnny and Tara are NBC contracted, Peacock is NBC owned, they are calling the event anyway for the crappy little 90 minute recap show for NBC, why can't they run commentary like they just did for gymnastics Worlds? I get bored when there is no commentary. I like commentary, so there. :p
Because most of us don't want any commentary. And thank god there isn't any.

If you are bored, you can read a book while you watch.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
If you want commentary, then I recommend the ISU YT feeds. You'll need a VPN but you'll get your wish and the rest of us can be happy too! :)

Allisanna

Karen-W

This very limited replay time doesn't help me much. By the time I get home from work I'll maybe have 30 minutes to watch it.
Sure, but you can FFW through the women you don't want to watch as well as the replays and the warmups.

BaileyCatts

Wait .. so even if you start the stream before the 8 hours is up, they'll just cut you off at the 8 hour time limit and you can't finish watching if you already have it running? I was hoping this would be an option for NHK. There's no way I'll make it with the 11p-7a time slot for NHK, even if I do take the day off work. :yawn:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Wait .. so even if you start the stream before the 8 hours is up, they'll just cut you off at the 8 hour time limit and you can't finish watching if you already have it running? I was hoping this would be an option for NHK. There's no way I'll make it with the 11p-7a time slot for NHK, even if I do take the day off work. :yawn:
VPN. Opera. Commentary. Free.

:)

Karen-W

So why did Peacock only have a limited replay for the women’s short from France and none of the other events??? As a lawyer all this inconsistency and illogical programming is driving me nuts. And now we are supposed to be happy with Peacock throwing us a few tiny crumbs :blah:
Maybe a test to see how many people accessed it?
I really wonder what they're going to do next week when they have 3 Sectionals, the Pairs & Dance Finals AND a GP. I hope they at least make the US events available on replay for a limited amount of time.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
So why did Peacock only have a limited replay for the women’s short from France and none of the other events??? As a lawyer all this inconsistency and illogical programming is driving me nuts. And now we are supposed to be happy with Peacock throwing us a few tiny crumbs :blah:

Well, you know, this may be really helpful once Asian events happen…such as NHK Trophy in a couple of weeks. I hope that this little experiment works out.

Amy L

I was able to watch the women's replay and by the time I was done, everything else disappeared :blah: My laptop is a zillion years old and I can't cast to my TV, I'd rather watch skating on my big screen TV but Peacock wants me to suffer. So I guess I'm gonna virtually move to Israel and watch the ISU stream with commentary on my obsolete little laptop. :violin:

maureenfarone

Maybe a test to see how many people accessed it?
I really wonder what they're going to do next week when they have 3 Sectionals, the Pairs & Dance Finals AND a GP. I hope they at least make the US events available on replay for a limited amount of time.
There is also Ice Challenge Graz where comps probably start on Nov. 11. I haven't seen an actual schedule but it will probably be Nov. 11 - 13. Gracie Gold and Clare Seo are competing plus a large international field. I think Will Annis is making his senior debut. Graz will overlap the GP and also Sectionals.

Karen-W

There is also Ice Challenge Graz where comps probably start on Nov. 11. I haven't seen an actual schedule but it will probably be Nov. 11 - 13. Gracie Gold and Clare Seo are competing plus a large international field. I think Will Annis is making his senior debut. Graz will overlap the GP and also Sectionals.
IceChallenge Next Gen has their entries list already up and does not show any pairs, though the schedule does show that category. Icechallenge.at is the website.

maureenfarone

IceChallenge Next Gen has their entries list already up and does not show any pairs, though the schedule does show that category. Icechallenge.at is the website.
I was looking mostly at the senior events but I think if the junior events are streamed then we will have even more overlap with Sectionals :wall:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I was able to watch the women's replay and by the time I was done, everything else disappeared :blah: My laptop is a zillion years old and I can't cast to my TV, I'd rather watch skating on my big screen TV but Peacock wants me to suffer. So I guess I'm gonna virtually move to Israel and watch the ISU stream with commentary on my obsolete little laptop. :violin:

Peacock can be invoked onto your big screen TV, with the voice remote. Just say “Peacock” and it comes up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information