Word Games

hoptoad

Wordle 406 3/6

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

With some luck and a little extra care with quordle, I had a new best of 19 today:
3 english - 2 latin - 3 latin - 4 spanish - 7 quordle
:biggrinbo

Susan1

o.k. - I was dumb. Without giving anything away I thought of the right first two letters, but I was trying to make it a two syllable word. If you know what the word was, you will see what I mean. If I would have typed them in instead of just sounding it out - duh. What an idiot. What am I, in first grade. Susan. Can. Read. ha ha

Wordle 408 X/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩

Susan1

o.k. - they are making me mad now! A 5, a 6, and 0 and a 6.

Wordle 409 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday, trying letters in my head - "what is qu-art". Geez, huh? If I would have typed it in on the fourth line - ta da. Nope.

Stefanie

o.k., I don't feel quite as stupid today (no offense!). ;) Thanks to all. Yesterday was :duh: :wall:
Today was bad...one of the worst in my recent memory. LOL.
And I kept trying to do COILY which apparently isn't a word but it was all I could come up with until I finally replaced the I with the Y.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Well we all got a phew! yesterday so hopefully today is a better day!

Wordle 410 2/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Warning, contains Quordle and Wordle spoilers!
This is where playing Quordle as my warmup to Wordle might have helped. One of the four words - the one I didn't get - was PRIZE, so that's what I started Wordle with today. One of the other words that I eventually did get was _O_TH and I tried everything before getting to MONTH. I think that sequence must've been in my head when I took my second shot at Wordle.

Gotta say one of the things I like about this is the way the letters open one at a time like you're sitting there with your tea suspended in air while it goes bing bing bing bing BING!

Susan1

I was so nervous today, I think I panicked. Should have been 4.
Wordle 410 5/6

🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I still have more 4's than 5, 6 and 0 combined though.

gkelly

I usually start off with two or three words that together contain all the vowels and some useful consonants. For the pairs of starting words, I usually have one or two options of third words to try next if I didn't get enough hits in the first two.

In the last couple days I added a new set of three starting words:
MOUSY
LIGHT
SABER

Today for Wordle the first two of those words got me five letters, so I could go ahead and guess the correct word without bothering with the third.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Tricky one!

Wordle 411 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟩
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

GRACE SPIRE FORTE REVUE RHYME - I think this is where those of you who play the eliminate-the-vowels strategy will have an advantage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information