2022 Grand Prix Assignments - when do they come out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
The GP listing has now been updated to confirm Espoo as the location of the 6th event but the 4th event now says "TBA"

kwanette

Fetalized since 1998
The GP listing has now been updated to confirm Espoo as the location of the 6th event but the 4th event now says "TBA"
First both were listed..then both were blank..now Finland is back up..

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Official press release confirming Espoo as the 6th stop with the status of the 4th "currently pending and a host country will be announced soon."

On My Own

Official press release confirming Espoo as the 6th stop with the status of the 4th "currently pending and a host country will be announced soon."

Oh, but not England yet... That is so strange.

Dobre

Or maybe it might be just a wee bit premature to predict funny-sounding sponsor names and music suggestions for an event before the country of the event has been officially announced;).

But FSU gonna FSU.
I don't see this wording via the link? Should I be looking at a different page or has the wording been changed?

I do see the TBC. (To be confirmed?)

Anyway, yay for Finland!

Sylvia

TBD
Tweeted today by Skating Finland: https://twitter.com/SkatingFinland/status/1547488006549946369
"Espoo is in the spotlight of the skating world when hosting a ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Espoo event on November 25th to 27th, 2022. All Event -ticket sale starts on July 18th at 10.00 (EET) at Ticketmaster"

ninjapirate

I think they should keep the grand prix to 5 events.... or if it's 6 events then temporarily allow skaters to skate 2 events on both the junior and senior grand prix.

Karen-W

I think they should keep the grand prix to 5 events.... or if it's 6 events then temporarily allow skaters to skate 2 events on both the junior and senior grand prix.
Changing the GP to 5 events messes with a bunch of things - first and foremost, seeding from the previous Worlds.

I'm sure this temporary delay in announcing the 4th host is, as @litenkyckling mentioned, purely logistical and we'll have an announcement by either tomorrow or early next week.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Just saw the news about the Grand Prix coming to the UK and I'm thrilled! Hopefully my skater relative from the U.S. can fly here and attend with me, but, either way, it will be my first in-person skating event. I'm especially excited to see the Japanese, American, and British skaters--but I'm excited to see everyone (assuming Hanyu isn't there, anyway).

Now the big question is, can UK skating rope in impressive sponsors like Prevagen and the bargain outlet store I always see advertisements for at Skate America? I'm hoping Toby Carvery is one of the main sponsors as I've heard it is the favorite restaurant of both Kristen Spours and Luke Digby.

Agree! I would love if Bobek, Bonaly and Lu could go and do a little 95 encore for us all!!!!

Karen-W

They can withdraw from the JGP selection competition later.
They could, but realistically, Ji is so far down the SB list, she's not going to get an assignment. Chaeyeon and Minchae... My initial projections would have them getting one, but that's only if Japan, the US, Canada and Finland don't automatically give as many of their skaters as possible who are on the SB Top 75 list one or two assignments. If Korea was hosting a GP, they'd have some bargaining power to get more of their women on the GP. As it is, they'll probably wind up with 5 women getting 2 assignments (You, Lee, Yelim Kim, Wi, Park, and maybe Lim if she's continuing), and they'll be lucky for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information