2022 Eurovision Grand Final - Take A Video, Watch It SloMo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

screech

I'm not opposed to Ukraine winning, but I've read speculation that since so many Ukrainians are (unfortunately) removed from Ukraine and now seeking refuge in other countries, they were able to vote for Ukraine where they previously wouldn't have been able to, possibly skewing the viewer votes.

I did enjoy their performance, though. I liked the variety of styles in the song, and loved the instrumental bits.

CassAgain

Always interested to see how normies react to skating stuff--Pop Culture Happy Hour podcast raved about Johnny's hosting performance.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
What a great top 5 and pleased I had three of them. First time I have liked a UK song in decades, but I am glad Ukraine won.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight

reut

Landing at London’s Heathrow Airport on Sunday evening, the jubilant singer wore a pink Kalush orchestra hat to celebrate the Ukrainian winners of this year’s competition, which was held in Turin, Italy.

https://timetotimes.com/british-eur...earing-winner-oleg-psiuks-trademark-pink-hat/

So lovely.
And Eurovision TV producer, Oleksiy Honcharenko, who was with "Kalush" in Turin, mentioned in his interview for Ukrainian TV how UK team, immediately after the score was announced, approached and congratulated them warmly and he was really touched by this.

Last edited:

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Not unexpected, but it has been decided that Ukraine will not host Eurovision next year.

It looks likely the BBC will host for the first time since 1998. The UK previously stepped in to host in 1960, 1963, 1972 and 1974 after winners in the previous year declined to host. This will be the first time since 1980 that the winner of the previous year’s Eurovision has not hosted.

No doubt Ukraine with their track record will have more opportunities to host Eurovision again after they win the war. :)

reut

Band "Little Big" that was announced as Russia's entry for the Eurovision Song Contest 2020 (where they would have performed their song "Uno" which you for sure remember) released anti-war single "Generation Cancellation" with some really good visuals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yy4RP4FMNk
(they are obviously not in russia atm)

A few days ago there was a charity rally in Amsterdam called "Embrace Ukraine" with a lot of Eurovision stars participating, both from Ukraine and from all over Europe. Names like Jamala, Ruslana, Verka Serduchka, Conchita Wurst and others.
You can read more about it here:
https://wiwibloggs.com/2022/06/20/e...o-welcome-eurovision-stars-on-june-21/272796/
And watch it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czUu8PbTsh0

airgelaal

Band "Little Big" that was announced as Russia's entry for the Eurovision Song Contest 2020 (where they would have performed their song "Uno" which you for sure remember) released anti-war single "Generation Cancellation" with some really good visuals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yy4RP4FMNk
(they are obviously not in russia atm)
Don't you think the "bad guy" looks like Biden? He lives in the White House and gives rockets to a boy with a blue and yellow backpack.

reut

Don't you think the "bad guy" looks like Biden? He lives in the White House and gives rockets to a boy with a blue and yellow backpack.
Me personally, I didn't see it like this to tell the truth. And I especially loved the visual, albeit not new, about the propaganda.
But "Телебачення Торонто" YouTube channel agrees with you and brings a few more valid points.

MsZem

I see the sea
So Eurovision 2023 is still ten months away and without a confirmed location, but Israel's selection has already been made:

ETA: more on Kirel and the selection:

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
So Eurovision 2023 is still ten months away and without a confirmed location, but Israel's selection has already been made:
Just saw her perform here in Miami at a smaller event, and she's fantastic!

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Eurovision 2023 is confirmed for 🇬🇧

Selection of host city begins this week.

A massive football fan I know (also throws great Eurovision parties). Has gone absolutely crazy delerious over this saying he know the World Cup being in Qatar and out of reach was for a reason as going to the Eurovision will make his life complete.

Last edited:

antmanb

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Manchester gets to host this. Wherever it is I will try to get tickets - I'm more invested in getting tickets for this than the Sheffield GP :rofl:

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Eurovision is incredibly hard to get tickets for apparently. Have heard tips about going to the jury shows instead. :)

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Let’s start a new thread focusing on Eurovision next year. Too many dodgy links here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information