Worldle - Daily Geography Game

Flake99

Banned Member
That is not a misspelling--I'm interested in Worldle, the geography version of Wordle. I usually enjoy word games, but Wordle and its variants don't appeal to me that much. On the other hand, I love geography trivia and Worldle is a fun challenge. If anyone has been doing Worldle or wants to start, I'm curious to see your results.

#Worldle #159 3/6 (100%)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬œβ¬œβ¬œβ¬…οΈ
🟩🟨⬜⬜⬜➑️
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŽ‰

MacMadame

Doing all the things
There's already a thread for these Word games

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
There's already a thread for these Word games

Technically, it's not a word game--as the OP said, it's a map game.

I play every day. I have a 95% average and generally get the answer in one (20), two (30) or three (24) guesses.

I hate islands, so today's was not fun.

Amy L

I play every day. I have a 95% average and generally get the answer in one (20), two (30) or three (24) guesses.

I never heard of this game until today, but I got it in one so I love it now :lol: Island nations are not my specialty so I'm pretty proud of myself.

annie720

Yup! πŸ˜† I didn't even try for today's, for maybe the first time ever. We've been playing this almost as long as we've been doing wordle. We do them both together with our morning coffee. I'm seeing repeats now.

Amy L

I have a grandson (15) who is obsessed with geography and maps and tends to ask for atlas and map books for Christmas. i think he would love this game.
Sounds like how I was as a kid. So, yes, I agree with you!

Allskate

Flagle is pretty similar.

The islands are a pain.

I also have a hard time thinking in terms of km instead of miles.

I have a grandson (15) who is obsessed with geography and maps and tends to ask for atlas and map books for Christmas. i think he would love this game.

My 11 year-old niece loves Flagle. But, she loves all these games. Nerdle, Wordle, Foodle, Dogsdle, Spelling Bee, crosswords, etc. She'll have me make up Nerdles for her over and over again.

Flake99

Banned Member
Worldle and Globle are the best! (Even when they drive me crazy!). :D
Thanks for mentioning Globle. I just tried it for the first time, and I feel like it was due almost solely to luck that I got today's answer in five guesses. I'll add it to my daily routine.

Amy L

After being proud of myself for my Worldle score, it took 23 guesses for me to complete Globle :lol:

Jimena

I got today's in two. :D I've played 28 times. I've gotten it in one guess 19 times, in two 4, in three 2 and in four 2. I've missed it once. It was a territory I had no clue about.

I love this game.

I just did Globle. That was fun!

Seerek

Having a good memory as to previous Worldle and Globle answers is helpful to eliminate options (particularly those island nations), as there haven't been any repeats to this point.

shan

Playing this game helps me to have some ideas of what to guess, particularly with Globle. Although, some of those island countries are tough!

alexikeguchi

I got the Worldle answer on the first try! I was thinking of vacationing there about a year ago since it was one of the few places with a lenient COVID policy at that point, so it looked vaguely familiar.

I was also a map and geography nerd even as a very young child and used to pore over atlases and my father's large globe and National Geographic magazine collection. There are places in the world I put on my travel wish list just because the shape or location of the country fascinated me. Kamchatka, which I was able to visit in 2016, was one of those and Oman, where I am going in a couple months, was another.

Amy L

22 guesses for me, but it was my first time doing Globle and I wasn't sure how to play.

My first guess was 9000km away and my next guess was in the exact wrong direction, then I had to go back around the world, then I had to think of all the teeny little Pacific Islands and of course the last one I thought of was finally the right one.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I got the Worldle answer on the first try! I was thinking of vacationing there about a year ago since it was one of the few places with a lenient COVID policy at that point, so it looked vaguely familiar.

I was also a map and geography nerd even as a very young child and used to pore over atlases and my father's large globe and National Geographic magazine collection. There are places in the world I put on my travel wish list just because the shape or location of the country fascinated me. Kamchatka, which I was able to visit in 2016, was one of those and Oman, where I am going in a couple months, was another.
LOL do we have the same father? We used to spin the globe, name a place and then the other had to find it. He was never the type to let me win even as a small child, so decades later my whole family still remembers my victory of Elephant Island!

I also spent part of my honeymoon in Capri because I remembered how beautiful it looked in a National Geographic story several decades earlier :)

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
#Worldle #160 6/6 (100%)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬‡οΈ
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬†οΈ
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β†—οΈ
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŽ‰

It took me a while to understand how the answers would help me. Glad to have a new obsession!

UMBS Go Blue

Π‘Π»Π°Π²Π° Π£ΠΊΡ€Π°Ρ—Π½Ρ–!
#Worldle #160 1/6 (100%)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŽ‰

#Flagle #129 2/6
🟩🟩🟩
🟩πŸŸ₯🟩

🌎 Jun 30, 2022 🌍
πŸ”₯ 2 | Avg. Guesses: 8.5
⬜⬜⬜🟧πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯🟩 = 8
#globle

Of the three games, I'd say Flagle should be pretty easy (helps to look at so many flags all the time on ISU Wedgie Data :p ) - today's was particularly easy if you have plenty of skating-watching knitters in your life :saint: - plus there are only ~200 countries in the world and therefore so many flags.

Same goes for Worldle, although for me the island countries will be tougher to figure out.

Globle is a distance game, not a flag/country memorization game, so it'll be tough to zero in on the right country if it's a small one clustered among many.

Last edited:

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
#Flagle #130 3/6
πŸŸ₯🟩🟩
🟩πŸŸ₯🟩

Took me a bit to figure out how to work this one.

I ain't sharing my Worldle until I get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information