Vaytsekhovskaya's interview with Arutyunian

skatingguy

decently
I assume you meant 'explain' and that was an autocorrect?

No autocorrect. "Expand" as in "expand upon...." is often used in English. In this context "Explain" would also have been usable. "Elucidate" is perfectly OK as well, same as "clarify." In the English context of this interview, any of these are fine. I don't speak Russian, so not sure if there are finer gradations of meaning in that language that are more precise.

I find no awkwardness in this English translation, it's very clear. Thank you for providing it!
Expand was the word I was going for - and I meant no criticism of your translation - elucidate is just an underused word so it stood out.

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
That is what I thought, and I am sure his coach knows that. Either the interviewer misunderstood or someone made a mistake in the translation or editing.
Raf answered the larger question of retirement than just Worlds. IMO, he was referring to going back to Yale this August.

becca

Notice Raf implied Nathan was difficult in the final prep. Carroll said the same about Tim Goebbels. People with this kind of talent know what they have and are hell bent to get it. No need to feel sorrry for them.
Aliya Mustafina’s coach said Aliya was a difficult girl. He said all of his great ones were.
“Aliya is a talented girl but with a difficult character. However you won’t find much complacency amongst champions.”

He also said his other stars like Boginskya were difficult.

WOULDACOULDARETURNS

Raf answered the larger question of retirement than just Worlds. IMO, he was referring to going back to Yale this August.
Nathan will be on tour with Stars on Ice post-season, and will probably be in demand for other performances as well as endorsements. A great opportunity to make money before he heads back to Yale.
I hope he gets on the ice while in school. I shared a few freestyle sessions with him while he was there before. For someone navigating crowded sessions, he managed to pull off amazing jumps, and he was always courteous to the other skaters when it came to right-of-way. Not a diva, which was refreshing to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information