Tarasova/Morozov Cheer Thread

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Their lift

Skate America photo after the medal ceremony

Last edited:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I disagree. They were not overshadowed by other pairs. With the exception of the most recent nationals, they placed first or second in every competition they entered. They have the best programs and packaging of all the pairs this year. The problem is with the lack of execution. Hopefully they can figure it out. The Russian nationals were disappointing. It doesn't mean they didn't Want to do well.

By the same token, the SA was disappointing to B/K and worlds 2021 was disappointing to S/H. SA was disappointing to K/F. Every skater goes through the ups and downs during a season.

Regardless of where they place at the Europeans and the Olympics they will always remain in my my mind one of the best pairs.

If they are overshadowed by other pairs, it seems you only believe what their haters on fsu say. They still have the judges' respect, and that of knowledgeable fans.
How about a little clue as to the identities of the people 👫 you are talking about

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I was looking for something positive to post for t/m and I found this. It is a bit old but not too old.

Scott512

Are they in the team event?

Because of the pandemic and the risk for wearing these skaters out they should be able to split off for events if a country wants to.

I would have KV and Mark skate both programs and their disciplines and then split pairs and dance if that's what the rules still allow.

Cherub721

YEAH!
Are they in the team event?

Because of the ********* and the risk for wearing these skaters out they should be able to split off for events if a country wants to.

I would have KV and Mark skate both programs and their disciplines and then split pairs and dance if that's what the rules still allow.

Unknown. I just read that the Russian federation has submitted the names of all the skaters on the team as "available" for the TE, so we won't know for a few days.

I wish they would split pairs and ladies to spread the wealth around.

Fadeevfanboy

Why not split both pairs and dance if Nikita does not want to both programs? Does Kamila not want to do both programs, since it should be clear she is the biggest lock of all the Russians to not lose a program segment to a non Russian. And I don't see why they would ever use 2 men now with Kolyada out. So?? What am I missing here.

I figured they would split both pairs and dance or only pairs. Either way it didn't matter.

Cherub721

YEAH!
Why not split both pairs and dance if Nikita does not want to both programs? Does Kamila not want to do both programs, since it should be clear she is the biggest lock of all the Russians to not lose a program segment to a non Russian. And I don't see why they would ever use 2 men now with Kolyada out. So?? What am I missing here.

I figured they would split both pairs and dance or only pairs. Either way it didn't matter.

They probably don't want Valieva to get worn out like Lipnitskaya did, plus ladies is before pairs this time.

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
They probably don't want Valieva to get worn out like Lipnitskaya did, plus ladies is before pairs this time.
If pairs were first or if Nikita’s back wasn’t hurt, I think pairs would definitely be split. It just seems highly unlikely it will be now.

I’ve pretty much accepted at this point that they won’t be in the team event this time around. Fingers, toes, and everything else crossed that they pull off a Sotnikova in the individual.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
What if they used StepBuk only in ice dance, and saved Nikita'sback for the individual? They could finish 2nd or 3rd, behind the two North American teams (uS or US plus Can) S/K would likely finish 1st but only if they are healthy. With the injury they may finish behind the US team in RD.

Last edited:

Fadeevfanboy

What if they used StepBuk only in ice dance, and saved Nikita'sback for the individual? They could finish 2nd or 3rd, behind the two North American teams (uS or US plus Can) S/K would likely finish 1st but in,y if they are healthy. With the injury they may finish behind the US team in RD.
Well as you said S&B could even easily finish behind Piper & Gilles in both programs. S&K aren't 100% certain to win either program over the American entry either, but it is a potential 4 point swing from them doing both to doing neither, and 2 point from them doing 1 to them doing neither.

I would be up for the idea to protect S&K's back but Russia really wants the team gold, but I also wouldn't be surprised if this is from S&K themselves. The Russian officials probably talked to them about it, and they probably said they want to do atleast 1 program to be eligible for the Team Gold, as the Team Gold is their likely best chance of a gold medal. They could win the individual dance gold, but it is probably unlikely. The French look to have clearly established themselves as favorites over them at this point, based on this seasons scores, then adding in his injury. I imagine the final choice of them doing atleast 1 program is from them themselves. And they probably asked to do just 1, but not both, neccistating the split. The top ranked usually has first call on that sort of thing.

And good point on while Kamila might not do both. I just hope she changes her mind and wants to do both, or the Russian officials let her, so Tarasova & Morozov get to skate in the Team event. We will see.

Fadeevfanboy

I hope for future Olympics they allow each country to have 2 entries (split) for every discipline if they choose. Many would never opt for that anyway, but it is clear for countries like the U.S, Russia, even Canada, who have so many worthy entries in each event, it is harsh to force a max of 2 entries per country. Just looking at the U.S team and it is looking like Mariah Bell will miss out despite being National Champ, as well as Alyssa Liu despite being top U.S girl most of this quad. Speculating either Hubbell & Donohue or Chock & Bates will miss out. For Russia it looks like 2 of their amazing 3 pairs won't get to compete. Potentially 2 of their 3 amazing ladies won't. Even Cain & Leduc, despite not being an amazing pair, have probably earned doing 1 program being National Champions for a 2nd time, and it would be better off with Knierim & Frazier coming off from illness for them to have 1 less program to do, but with pairs the last priority for the U.S it is super unlikely they could use 1 of their 2 subs there so that won't happen. If Canada were allowed more subs it is possible Fournier & Beaudry & Sorensen would get to compete, and it is possible that Moore Towers & Moscovitch will be kept out of the team event due to the 2 subs rule for James & Radford altogether. It just seems pretty harsh all around.

Many times even with only 2 entries per event allowed, a 3rd very worthy one would get left off. Like the last 2 Olympics if they had allowed more than 2 substitutions, I imagine Hubbell & Donohue and Sotnikova for starters would have gotten to compete, but that list will be a lot longer this Olympics it looks like.

aka_gerbil

I saw this photo of Vladimir and for a moment I thought - where is she (Evgenia)? Unbelievable height on the split 3 twist.

There are so many photos of their twist like that. “Wait, where is she.”

I really hope they stick around another quad because I really want to see what they’re capable of when settled into a permanent and supportive training environment. I think most people have no idea just how unstable that has been, down to them even struggling to find ice time last season.

I also wonder what would have happened if YNW hadn’t happened and wrecked them training with Marina. That said, if ynw hadn’t been a thing, then the political tension between Russia and the west probably would have dictated their return home.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
There are so many photos of their twist like that. “Wait, where is she.”

I really hope they stick around another quad because I really want to see what they’re capable of when settled into a permanent and supportive training environment. I think most people have no idea just how unstable that has been, down to them even struggling to find ice time last season.

I also wonder what would have happened if YNW hadn’t happened and wrecked them training with Marina. That said, if ynw hadn’t been a thing, then the political tension between Russia and the west probably would have dictated their return home.
They should be getting at least 4 on their tripLe twist. When judges give them just 0,1, 0.2 more than average twists, it is not right.

Last edited:

Fadeevfanboy

I just realized Russia used zero subs. Wow. And I am not sure it was smart, and I don't only say that since I wanted Tarasova & Morozov to compete. Competing both programs for Sinitsina & Katsalapov, Valieva, and Mishina & Galliamov is a lot of pressure before competing for gold in the individual. Mark doing both is fine even with mens up first, he needs the experience, and is just a young kid with boundless energy. I am sure the team just boosted his confidence, and they aren't counting on him for a medal anyway.

S&K and M&G though I don't think exactly boosted their confidence by the Team Event. S&K losing to both American teams is not a boost going into the individual for sure. And M&G won't exactly be boosted by narrowly losing the short to Sui & Han despite skating real, then the unheard of fall in the free. I think/hope both will be fine, but both might have been better off just doing 1 program. And Valieva looks stressed after her second LP with some mistaks, despite the huge score and easy win. I wish Russia had used 2 subs to relieve the pressure on some of these who already have unbelieable pressure, and T&M had been one of them.

NAOTMAA

I just realized Russia used zero subs. Wow. And I am not sure it was smart, and I don't only say that since I wanted Tarasova & Morozov to compete. Competing both programs for Sinitsina & Katsalapov, Valieva, and Mishina & Galliamov is a lot of pressure before competing for gold in the individual. Mark doing both is fine even with mens up first, he needs the experience, and is just a young kid with boundless energy. I am sure the team just boosted his confidence, and they aren't counting on him for a medal anyway.

S&K and M&G though I don't think exactly boosted their confidence by the Team Event. S&K losing to both American teams is not a boost going into the individual for sure. And M&G won't exactly be boosted by narrowly losing the short to Sui & Han despite skating real, then the unheard of fall in the free. I think/hope both will be fine, but both might have been better off just doing 1 program. And Valieva looks stressed after her second LP with some mistaks, despite the huge score and easy win. I wish Russia had used 2 subs to relieve the pressure on some of these who already have unbelieable pressure, and T&M had been one of them.
The Russian fed. ALWAYS put their eggs in one basket. They never "spread the wealth" even though Anna or Sasha could have easily crused to victory in ladies like Kamila did and T/M and B/K could have beaten everyone else in their field too. And with gold already secured there was no reason to agitate Nikita's back any further in the free. But nope when they have chosen ones they back then 1000% percent over everyone else. I hope it doesn't backfire. I'm more worried about dance then pairs

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Photo from IG- what does Vladimir have on his head? Some kind of hat?

Another photo (lift)

Spun Silver

Just a headband. Maybe the kind that protects your head if you fall, though it looks like just a regular one. Maybe he skates better without all that hair flopping in his eyes. The haircut was wise but apparently it's still too much.

aka_gerbil

Just a headband. Maybe the kind that protects your head if you fall, though it looks like just a regular one. Maybe he skates better without all that hair flopping in his eyes. The haircut was wise but apparently it's still too much.
It looks like just a regular sweat band to keep your hair out of your face. I’ve used them for washing my face and applying make up.

mjb52

They might have gotten nervous after Day One and then felt committed even after Day Two went so well? It is interesting. I wish they'd made some swaps but it's so easy to second-guess after the fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information