Nathan Chen Fan Thread #2

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
As Raf is Nathan's coach, he knows and said it best - it was a combination of a too ambitious layout and no prior competitions as a warm up, leading up to the GP. I remember several people - including me - worried about Nathan's lack of warm up events before Skate America. Turns out, we were right to worry a bit. That being said, Nathan's tremendous talent still pulled him through and he made the podium! A bronze medal in his first GP this year is still a fine achievement! And he went on to win gold at Skate Canada. Hopefully, he'll take very good care of himself, especially with his 'hip thing', leading up to the GPF, Nationals, and knock wood, he'll peak and be at his best at the Olympics! 💖🙏💖

sheetz

Meet Team Panasonic's Nathan Chen (video)

Nathan with synchro team in town for competition

Shoma said he drew inspiration from Nathan's SA performance

sheetz

Nathan makes several appearances in Morisi's latest vlog recapping Skate Canada.

Some jumps at 8:36 and 8:44
Short talk at Gala practice 12:20
Gala clips at 15:28 15:49

sheetz

sheetz

Interview with Samarin's Coach, Svetlana Sokolovaskaya
EV: Nathan Chen or Yuzuru Hanuy?
SS: Nathan, I guess. Though I can't pick one or the other. Hanuy for me is a legend. Complicated, talented, stubborn. Nathen - a smart guy. He reminds me of Mark - he is learning new things all the time. I recall when Nathan first appeared. He was a great jumper and lacked the 2nd mark. What he is doing now is unreal.

Nathan and Jason compete in the final round of Pyramid

olympic

Firedancer

Has Vera been designing Nathan's "costumes" for the past few seasons ? For the sake of her reputation, I sure hope not, LOL.

I don’t believe she did last year. The FS costume he wore at worlds last year he said he got from Shae Lynn Bourne’s closet. But prior to that she did.

sheetz

sheetz

Korean skater Sihyeong Lee described how his SP was inspired by Nathan's Prince Igor program.
A. Nathan Chen performed to this music in a free skating program at the 2017 Four Continents which hold in Korea Competition. At that time, I sat in the arena and resolved, "I want to do what Nathan Chen did someday." That's why I chose this song for the Olympic season.

Ashley briefly mentioned Nathan in a TV interview.

sheetz

2022 SOI dates have been announced!

------------------------
Nathan gave a brief statement regarding the GPF cancellation.
“I am disappointed about the cancellation of the Grand Prix final in Japan. However, I know that everyone’s health is most important,” three-time world champion and Olympic favorite Nathan Chen wrote in a text message to The Associated Press.

Sylvia

TBD
SOI's post today: https://www.instagram.com/p/CXMPBhMJPJt/
The #SOI22 U.S. PreSale begins NOW with the password NATHAN – link in bio! https://bit.ly/US22PSig
@nathanwchen ... come to you straight from the 2022 Winter Games. You can get early access to great seats, including our special on-ice seating, and VIP meet & greet passes too – all before they go OnSale to the public on 12/10!
GSD thread:

sheetz

New article from the Fanzone. Once again attributed his problems at SA mostly to poor preparation.
"In the short program, I fell once, and tried to put a flip-toe in the second half, and I wasn't really ready for that, so that was difficult," he said. "(In the) free program, just trying content that I wasn't really ready for. So just bad decisional planning, and just content that I wasn't really ready for. I think that's basically it. Early in the season, trying ambitious programs doesn't always turn out well, so take a step back and try to build up from here."

sheetz

More praise from the Russian skating community, this time from ice dancer Kirill Aleshin.
Kirill Aleshin: I like watching men’s singles skating. To be honest, I am a fan of #NathanChen’s programs. He is just unbelievable. The most memorable program? I like them all, can’t choose one. Really cool. Every program is a masterpiece

Pose with Nathan on Tiktok

A memorable moment with Nathan (Don't even need Prevagen!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information