OES News 2021/2022 Season

clairecloutier

Unfortunately in our dreams I think. This score is just a couple of points more than she scored in the WC in Stockholm (178,10) and it would have put her on 14th place (she was 15th). SOC criteria is you must be plausible for at least 8th (was 198,77 in the WC, which is what they consider.)

That criteria is absolutely nuts. Especially for a small country (skating-wise).

Ka3sha

New interview with Loena Hendrickx (in Russian)

J

Jeschke

Update on 🇪🇪 #race for women:
Bildschirmfoto-2021-11-27-um-17-26-49.png

So Euros will bring some :drama: for the worlds spot.

J

Jeschke

As Mikutina (and Ziegler/Kiefer) finally showed up, I wondered about 🇦🇹 selection criteria:

Euros:
  • Skaters who earned olympic spots are assigned
  • no olympic spots: 2 ISU events + AUT nationals score

Olympics:
- Skaters who earned the spots are assigned

Worlds:
  • Top 20 Euros finish
  • otherwise: AUT nationals, + 1 ISU event, + 1 ISU event between Euros and Worlds

---
🇦🇹 race (Euros for men, Worlds for women)
Bildschirmfoto-2021-11-27-um-17-41-03.png

Great for Schaller, that she seems at least safe (for now) for Worlds after so much progress this season.

alexikeguchi

Congratulations to Morisi Kvitelashvili for winning Georgia's first ever GP gold medal (maybe medal of any color?). Team Tutberidze looked genuinely stoked for him even though he's far from their most accomplished product. I wish he had skated last because their reaction to taking first place could have been an amazing K&C moment.

Andrea82

Dutch Olympic Committee approved the nomination by Dutch Skating Federation of Lindsay Van Zundert as their Olympic entry.

Dutch Skating Association's picks for the judging panels they were drawn for are: Jeroen Prins (Pair and Team Event) and Ernestien Bakker (Women).

clairecloutier

This will be Ziegler/Kiefer's last season, as announced on Severin's Instagram:

I pretty much expected this, considering it will be their third Olympics, but still sorry to see them go! It has been a pleasure to watch them these past few years--they improved so much.

Elisheba

Miming with Medvedeva
Congratulations to Morisi Kvitelashvili for winning Georgia's first ever GP gold medal (maybe medal of any color?). Team Tutberidze looked genuinely stoked for him even though he's far from their most accomplished product. I wish he had skated last because their reaction to taking first place could have been an amazing K&C moment.
Elene Gedevanishvilli won a skate canada medal:mitchell:

mkokos82

J

Jeschke

Final standings in the 🇪🇪 #eurosrace for men:
Bildschirmfoto-2021-12-11-um-15-37-36.png

Wow, Aleksandr came closer than expected in the end.
He secured his olympic spot after all.

Still the fall-apart of Mikhail in the end after great start felt weird today (can't help) :sekret:

Levandi up for home-soil-Euros, who would have expected heading into the season? :respec:

happycamper2554

Estonia Fed already announced that Selevko would go to Euros

Brothers Selevkod and Arlet Levandi are fighting for the place in the European Championship team, the final line-up will be confirmed on December 15.

This is what my translation said, but i could be wrong.

J

Jeschke

Swiss team for Tallinn

Alexia Paganini (ESC Zürich-Oerlikon)
Yasmine Yamada (EC Zürich)

Lukas Britschgi (ESF Frauenfeld)

Jessica Pfund / Joshua Santillan (CP La Chaux-de-Fonds)

Jasmine Tessari / Stéphane Walker (CP La Chaux-de-Fonds)

Ok, I am a bit stunned here: Criteria is best tech score over the season and nationals placement

Kaiser has almost same best tech score as Paganini and edging out Yamada by over 8pts.
Yamada placed 2nd at nationals, 3pts ahead of Kaiser - I did not see that call pro Yamada coming.
Big ouch for Kaiser :(

Don't get me wrong, I really like Yamada and am happy for her, but: ouch.

Sylvia

TBD
Aldís Kara Bergsdóttir, 18, chosen Skater of the Year 2021 (Iceland Skating Association's Dec. 13th press release):

Machine translated excerpts from Icelandic:

With 25.15 technical points in the short program at the Finlandia Trophy and 41.50 technical points in the free program at the Nebelhorn Trophy, Aldís Kara won the right to compete at the European Figure Skating Championships.
[...]
The minimum technical level in a short program is 23.00 points and in a free program 40.00 points.

Aldís Kara ended the year by breaking her own Icelandic record once again at the Icelandic Championships which was held 19-21. last November. There she got 136.14 points and showed that she has nowhere stopped her plans to go even further. Furthermore, these are the highest points that have been given in the Senior category in Iceland.

A new year will begin with Aldís' participation in the European Championships which will be held in Tallinn, Estonia, from 6 to 10 January. Her participation is no less important for the whole sport, but it is the first time that an Icelandic skater has earned the right to participate in it.

Aldís Kara is a diligent sportswoman and is a good role model for younger practitioners both in her demeanor and attitude towards the sport.

She is well on her way to this title and a great representative of the sport.

Link to her ISU bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00107291.htm

Andrea82

Round-up of 4 Nationals by Hungarian Federation:

In the last paragraph they say Regina Schermann is going to Tallinn as the selection was based on top 2 results between Nationals, Budapest Trophy and Volvo Cup.

Csernoch, both Pairs and Ignateva/Szemko will also go to Europeans.

Chtchetinina/Magyar are going to Olympic Games.

text_skate

Interview with Miriam Ziegler on lokal TV, not geo-blocked:

It's her last season, 3 highlights ahead: EC, WC and OG
Asked, about early announcement of retirement: I'm a person who needs things to be planned ahead. Needs to know, where things are going. She knows there will be a time after skating. She always tried to enjoy the moment, even the hard/difficult ones.
Goal for OG: To reach final and show FS. She already has 3 Olys under her belt, she never had the opportunity to show FS.
Preparation for this season not as planned because of injuries. Miriam is optimistic, that from now on there will be no hickups or injuries, and that they'll be able to train on a regular basis, and therefore skate to their full potential.

Crossing all finges and toes!!!

direct link to video (will play on your vlc/media player)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information