‘It’s a nightmare’ – Russian figure skating icon Slutskaya on ‘unusual’ men’s rhythmic gymnastics

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member

Somehow this article showed up in my Yahoo News figure skating alert,despite my disdain for Russian Propaganda.

I found this quotation very rich:
“This is unusual for us. Rhythmic gymnastics from time immemorial has been a sport for beautiful, delicate, aesthetic girls,” Slutskaya told Krasovsky.
So ironic—considering Miss Slutskaya,in her best days,skated like a truck driver afflicted with terminal scoliosis. Her skating was certainly devoid of any sense of beauty,delicacy or feminine aesthetic. Shall we cancel her as well?

However,I do agree that this gymnast's costumes are vulgar,inappropriate and detract from the sport. Save the flamboyant attire for the after-hours nightclub.

-BB

zigzig

haha she's such a dumpster fire. she should have never been higher than 4 in any competition but the rsf strew together what handful of rubles they couldn cobble together and placed her at least second in every competition. guess times were tough back then lol

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Ok, but what's with the white diaper?
its a womens leotard

Im fine with men doing RG, but they should have their own unitards
whats the use of using womens designs ? the FIG will never approve a men's division if this is the case
Japan and Russia would oppose.

irenemulindwairen

Somehow this article showed up in my Yahoo News figure skating alert,despite my disdain for Russian Propaganda.

So ironic—considering Miss Slutskaya,in her best days,skated like a truck driver afflicted with terminal scoliosis. Her skating was certainly devoid of any sense of beauty,delicacy or feminine aesthetic. Shall we cancel her as well?

However,I do agree that this gymnast's costumes are vulgar,inappropriate and detract from the sport. Save the flamboyant attire for the after-hours nightclub.

-BB
So Slutskaya has jumped into this idea that men rhythmic gymnastics is a nightmare? Since when has rhythmic gymnastics been designed for beautiful and "feminine" women? Russians with their mindset. She too needs to be cancelled. As if she is any prettier foolish woman.

olympic

There should be show, podcast, etc. called 'Russians say the Darndest Things'.

I stumbled across a TSL video on You Tube from just a couple of weeks ago in which he narrates TAT's memoirs re Rodnina / Zaitzev at Lake Placid in 1980. TAT claims that Babilonia / Gardner WD because they were 'scared' :rolleyes: to compete against her team.

This is OT, but it just seems that also considering some of the things one hears from Team Eteri, there are a lot of eyebrow raising comments from Russian skating figures

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
I love the freedom of having an opinion as long it is politically correct. ;)
Quite the lazy take,no? I expect better from someone evoking one of the greatest ice dancers of all time.

God knows I despise political correctness. And I take no issue with criticism of his costuming—his frocks are gharish,vulgar and ill-fitting. But Miss Slutskaya is a hypocrite. Does she not realize she subjected us to husky,masculine round-shouldered skating for over a decade in the sport known as LADIES figure skating? By her logic,we should have pelted her off the ice with our endless hamburgers supply.
So that's where you wear it! 🤨
If this is a thinly veiled request for my boudoir photography,I certainly will not oblige.

-BB

Last edited:

VGThuy

Back to the topic of the article, I don't see why men couldn't do rhythmic gymnastics that way it's done now. If the women could wear gaudy outfits, so should the men.

Now, the way they do it in Japan with more combined tumbling and having it be more about speed and power should also be looked into as its own sport and encouraged to have a mens and women's division and even mixed division. Maybe the Japanese version likes the freedom of not seeking Olympic accreditation, but it seems like a really cool sport and really fun to watch.

caseyedwards

Lol I thought the man would dress like more like a male with lots of makeup not exactly like a female! Lol

viennese

wrecked
I think he's kind of hot. But yes, why the unitard? Just tiny shorts is all that would be necessary.

I don't know if his outfit needs more feathers and spangles or less feathers and spangles. Whatever works. Just make that outfit stretchy and sporty as well as eye-catching.

Whoever wants to try the incredibly demanding sport of rhythmic gymnastics - power to them. I watch rhythmic and I cannot believe the stuff they do.

Bigbird

-BB
This is so on point. No further comment needed.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...

-BB
Irina is totally gorgeous!!

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
I can’t imagine what she must think or say when she sees her fellow contemporary Johnny Weir doing figure skating broadcasts then.

Strange she has thoughts like that and if she does she feels the need to broadcast them

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Not getting into it but Japanese Rythmic gymnastics is more masculine. For it to continue as an Olympic sport don’t they have to consider men?
yes, they want to include a men's discipline but russia and japan are lobbying
to use Japan's mens rhyhtmic gymnastics version in counterpart to the womens, they are against having a men's rhythmic with the same elements and codes like the womens

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information