2021-22 ISU Grand Prix assignments announced

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Possibly Gubanova???? Maybe? Pretty please? I'll even pay for her ticket and expenses! I'm serious. Lord knows it appears I'm not going to any competitions this season....
I don't believe she is eligible due to the country switch.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
I don't believe she is eligible due to the country switch.
I understood her to be on/near the top of the list due to her performances/scores at Finlandia? I read that if anyone else pulls out of Rostelecom that she conceivably could be called, especially due to her proximity. I would be in HEAVEN if Gubanova gets Italy and THEN Rostelecom and even makes the GPF!!!! hehe. I can dream, right? lol

Last edited:

Karen-W

I understood her to be on/near the top of the list due to her performances/scores at Finlandia? I read that if anyone else pulls out of Rostelecom that she conceivably could be called, especially due to her proximity. I would be in HEAVEN if Gubanova gets Italy and THEN Rostelecom and even makes the GPF!!!! hehe. I can dream, right? lol
No, current season scores don't get included on the GP alternate list.

Karen-W

There are a few skaters whose status I'm not sure (ie if they were submitted for GP spots or not in the first place), but here's my combined SB list for replacements. Pretty much the same as what Hariboo just posted.

1. Seoyeong Wi - 193.3 (NHK)
  2. Alexia Paganini* - 192.88 (WD from SC)
  3. Viktoria Safanova - 192.49 (CoR)
  4. Yuhana Yokoi - 191.9 (SA)
  5. Mako Yamashita - 189.25
  6. Anna Frolova - 187.72
  7. Sofia Samodurova - 187.16 (GPI)
  8. Yeonjeong Park** - 186.58
  9. Elizaveta Nugumanova - 186.02
  10. Mana Kawabe - 185.22 (SC)
  11. Eva-Lotta Kiibus - 184.27 (CoR)
  12. Nicole Schott - 182.71 (GPI and NHK)
  13. Hanul Kim - 182.5
  14. Nana Araki - 181.8
  15. Emmi Peltonen - 181.79
  16. Jenni Saarinen - 181.2
  17. Starr Andrews (SA and IdF)
  18. Lara Naki Gutmann - 179.59 (GPI)
  19. Marin Honda - 179.26
  20. Alessia Tornaghi - 178.6
  21. Josefin Taljegard - 178.1
  22. Tomoe Kawabata - 177.86
  23. Ting Cui - 177.47
  24. Alexandra Feigin - 177.37
  25. Audrey Shin - 176.67 (SA)
  26. Hongyi Chen - 175.77 (GPI)
  27. Lindsay van Zundert - 174.5
  28. Alison Schumacher - 174.02 (SC)
*Paganini may be injured since she pulled out of SC
**Park may not have been submitted, because she was going for the JGP this season

Events with 3 from a fed:
  • NHK - 3 Koreans, 3 Japanese
Options for NHK women - this is the only event with just 2 Russian women; I'm ruling Tornaghi out because surely the Italian fed would have assigned her to the spot it just gave Schott this morning if she was in competitive shape. Safonova BLR, Frolova RUS (is she injured?), Samodurova RUS, Nugumanova RUS, Kiibus EST, Peltonen FIN, Saarinen FIN, Gutmann ITA, Tajegard SWE seem to be the top 10 once all the Korean and Japanese women plus Schott & Andrews (who each now have 2) are removed. Best guess? Safonova, Kiibus or Gutmann get the spot.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Mai Mihara is a lovely skater who unfortunately suffers from RA (rheumatoid arthritis) and her career has been spotty at times when she has flares.

She has had much international success in the past, finishing 5th at Worlds 2017, and medaling at 4CC 2017 (1st), 2018 (2nd) and 2019 (3rd). She won bronze at SA 2016 and silver at IDF 2018, and never finished lower than 4th at her other GP events. From 2016-2018 she medaled at all three of her Challenger events: 2 silver and 1 gold. She won gold at 4 International B events from 2015-2019.

She has been absent from international competition since 2019 and returned to win Asian Open 2021.

She is a worthy replacement for Rika Kihira, and I'm glad to see her back!
I am super excited to see her live again at Skate Canada, she really is a joy to watch.

Karen-W

Alternate check-in...

MEN
Andrei Mozalev RUS (IdF)
Sota Yamamoto JPN (SC)
Boyang Jin CHN (GPI)
Petr Gumennik RUS (GPI)
Aleksandr Selevko EST
Vladimir Litvintsev AZE
Brendan Kerry AUS
Gabriele Frangipani (GPI and IdF)
Lukas Britschgi SUI
Konstantin Milyukov BLR
Nikolaj Majorov SWE
Maurizio Zandron AUT
Burak Demirboga TUR

PAIRS
Hamon/Strekalin FRA
Jones/Boyadji GBR (SC)
Ghilardi/Ambrosini ITA (GPI and IdF)
Calalang/Johnson USA (SA)
Chetchetinina/Magyar HUN (IdF)
Wang/Jia CHN (maybe split?)
Keriven/Pierre FRA (IdF)
Lukashevich/Stepanov BLR
Metelkina/Parkman GEO
Matte/Ferland CAN (SC)
Zhuk/Bidar CZE
Looking at the Men - with Samsonov's withdrawal, Russia only has two men, so Mozalev or Gumennik would be obvious replacements. I'm guessing Jin is not an option since China pulled Wang/Liu out of NHK earlier in the month (travel concerns?).

Pairs - I suspect that Calalang/Johnson are not on the alternates list due to her suspended status at the time. Lots of options for Japan here.

Maybe we'll see Belarus score big with Safonova, Milyukov and Lukashevich/Stepanov? Or possibly Sweden's Taljegard and Majorov will get spots?

Karen-W

Nugumanova really needs this as it's her only chance at Nationals
Yeah, well, I'm not sure the Russian Fed would want to send her out to a GP after this week's RC showing. Samodurova is more likely to score a 2nd GP before Nugu gets one, methinks.

Karen-W

Mikutina posted on her IG that she has to withdraw because she still isn't recovered from her injury. I didn't realize she was injured but that explains her lack of competing in the early senior Bs. And, also, clearly not a fed or travel issue between Austria and Japan.

No idea why Z/K had to withdraw.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Mikutina posted on her IG that she has to withdraw because she still isn't recovered from her injury. I didn't realize she was injured but that explains her lack of competing in the early senior Bs. And, also, clearly not a fed or travel issue between Austria and Japan.
I am disppointed that Olga Mikutina has been injured because she had such a great Worlds. I was hoping she'd capitalize on those performance and build her momentum. Injuries suck....too bad.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Trying to go through this thread carefully but when did great Britain sub into skate Canada in pairs?

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Can someone help with the time situation for Torino next weekend? The US will be on daylight time until 2 a.m. on Sunday the 7th. Does Europe switch this weekend? If so, that will be a 4 hour difference for the competition, correct?

Dobre

No, current season scores don't get included on the GP alternate list.
Traditionally, it has required a Challenger win. (Though the "rules" are often ignored anyway and other athletes have gotten in with decent CS results, but a win will get you on the list).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information