Gabby Petito

BaileyCatts

Until and unless they find a body, I don't believe it either. Those cadaver dogs would pick up a scent if there was a dead body anywhere near that place.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Until and unless they find a body, I don't believe it either. Those cadaver dogs would pick up a scent if there was a dead body anywhere near that place.

The coroner is there. I think we can safely say they found a body.'s

As to the cadaver dogs they follow they find people who have died.
It is my understanding that he may have been dead long enough for body parts to be scattered by other animals. I think that could account for the cadaver dog's behavior. It wa s fascinating to watch them.
I don't know for sure, but I think cadaver dogs are not person specific (like search dogs). The cadaver dogs find dead people.....any dead people.

AxelAnnie

BREAKING: FBI says investigators in North Port, Florida found human remains and items belonging to Brian Laundrie — including a backpack and notebook — in an area that was underwater until recently "I know you have a lot of questions, but we don't have all the answers yet"

As Dr. Baden said, they know who it is. And there is no earthly reason to withhold that information. Manner of death is a different matter. Don't know why they do that.

BaileyCatts

Sorry but until they absolutely confirm thru DNA that's him, and its more than just a finger or toe, I still won't believe it. If I was running from a murder charge and life in prison, and possibly the death penalty, cutting off a finger to plant some 'remains' along with a backpack full of my stuff right in the exact spot my parents led the cops to, wouldn't be that big a sacrifice. If that body was submerged, in a Florida swamp and heat for over 35+ days, there is no way they can just look at it and go 'yup, that's him'. It would be bloated and decomposed beyond recognition.

Lacey

How can Brian's parents say,
'Oh we are going to search such and such an area tomorrow morning,"
and then BINGO, body parts (his?) and backpack (his?) are found???

I hope if he is dead, then he can be found guilty and convicted post mortem.

And the parents, ya, jail for them.

Strangulation. That poor, poor girl, so innocent and confused.

AxelAnnie

How can Brian's parents say,
'Oh we are going to search such and such an area tomorrow morning,"
and then BINGO, body parts (his?) and backpack (his?) are found???

I hope if he is dead, then he can be found guilty and convicted post mortem.

And the parents, ya, jail for them.

Strangulation. That poor, poor girl, so innocent and confused.
I am surprised that we have post mortem trials. Seems to go against all our legal system purports to be. You, know, things like innocent until proven guilty.

a Fair Trial is a trial that is conducted fairly, justly, and with procedural regularity by an impartial judge and in which the defendant is afforded his or her rights under the U.S. Constitution or the appropriate state constitution or other law
Note: Among the factors used to determine whether a defendant received a fair trial are these: the effectiveness of the assistance of counsel, the opportunity to present evidence and witnesses, the opportunity to rebut the opposition's evidence and cross-examine the opposition's witnesses, the presence of an impartial jury, and the judge's freedom from bias.

There are special circumstances under which they could have a post mortem trial....but I cannot find that information

MacMadame

Doing all the things
My theory is he killed himself and the parents waited a while to show where the remains were. Could be wrong, obviously. But that's what I think right now.

Judy

The remains will likely be identified through dental .. or DNA however they do that. I think that is crazy to think the parents withheld information where his body is.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Why would they wait?
Grief May be?

It is not like they are eager to see the remains ASAP. May be emotions got in the way. I would give them the benefit of the doubt until DNA test confirms one way or another.

About why they directed the FBI to that location - I heard on tv that it was his regular jogging area.

I don't know if this family is guilty or not but they may be grieving or they may be in denial. People do strange things when they are in strange situations.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
My theory is he killed himself and the parents waited a while to show where the remains were. Could be wrong, obviously. But that's what I think right now.
I too am thinking along those lines. May be he killed his girlfriend, then killed himself after several days. He may have asked his parents to wait a few days or they may have felt like waiting.

Whatever the truth may be, this is a very sad situation for all involved.

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
I don't know what to think about the sudden appearance of belongings the day the Laundries joined the search, but I have no doubt the remains are Brian's. I wonder if his parents will ever reveal what they learned from Brian during the 2 weeks he was home. It's just mind-boggling how much added anguish they caused Gabby's parents - and for what?

AxelAnnie

Grief May be?

It is not like they are eager to see the remains ASAP. May be emotions got in the way. I would give them the benefit of the doubt until DNA test confirms one way or another.

About why they directed the FBI to that location - I heard on tv that it was his regular jogging area.

I don't know if this family is guilty or not but they may be grieving or they may be in denial. People do strange things when they are in strange situations.
Well the apple didn't fall far from that tree!

AxelAnnie

I don't know what to think about the sudden appearance of belongings the day the Laundries joined the search, but I have no doubt the remains are Brian's. I wonder if his parents will ever reveal what they learned from Brian during the 2 weeks he was home. It's just mind-boggling how much added anguish they caused Gabby's parents - and for what?
Totally agree. They are complicit in the crime. Parents are to protect their children I get that. I have 5 of the little buggers.
You do not protect your child by helping him hide after murdering his girlfriend.
And in the end they did not protect him...he is dead.
I would think he would be better off in jail...where he might get some of the help he needs...or in a psychiatric facility.

I don't think Brian had much of a chance. Sounds like he grew up in chaos. I tried to follow who his parents were.....goodness there were gobs of them...marry/divorce marry some other people. Get rid of a wife..get another one.

Have you seen Wishful Drinking where Carrie Fisher explains her family tree? In her words "It's funny now!"

Cachoo

I keep thinking of another recent case when a girl deliberately hit a man jogging and he died. She lied about the cause to the damage of the car but her folks saw the news reports and were able to piece it together. Her father turned her into the police. That had to be devastating for him. But it was the right thing to do. I have no respect for Brian's parents at all.

canbelto

Men who are violent towards women are often very coddled and adored by their parents, who refuse to believe their darling son could do anything wrong. Think Chris Watts. Not a surprise Brian Laurie's parents are enablers as well.

Integrity

I am not convinced of any theory yet. From what I understand, the area was under water at the time law enforcement searched the area. A swampy, murky, snake infested area. A search was done there a few weeks ago because the family's Mustang was found close to this location. The parents were not allowed to join the initial search, but told law enforcement that he would hike there sometimes.

Again, this is how I understand the events, I could be way off. More information should be revealed if the remains are Brian's.

Lacey

I was hoping all of Brian’s individual family members have had tails on them since Gabby went missing…if that’s legal. This sceptic might ask, how did his parents know exactly where his stuff was or, oops, did they place it to throw off other leads

Judy

I was hoping all of Brian’s individual family members have had tails on them since Gabby went missing…if that’s legal. This sceptic might ask, how did his parents know exactly where his stuff was or, oops, did they place it to throw off other leads
The stuff being found was that from a couple of weeks ago .. a campfire and belongings? I remember it being reported and then FBI confirming that it was false and nothing had been found.

Sparks

Latest: FBI confirms human remains found at Carlton Reserve are those of Brian Laundrie, based on comparison of dental records.

AxelAnnie

Oh YUK! What they found was bones......cleaned off bones.

I wish there was a way that Gabby's parents could find out why he killed their daughter. Although it may be a blessing that they don't have to sit through a trial where the defense lawyer would try to shift as much guilt off Brian, and on to Gabby.

AxelAnnie

The medical experts can tell a good deal from the bones. They can see if there is any fresh trauma (a broken leg, or spine) and when they occurred. There is not much he could do to kill himself, unless he has a gun, or is really brave and can use a knife.
The bones can help determine when the death occurred. If they find the hyiod bone it could tell them a lot. The Hyiod bone is a very rare fracture. It can happen in strangulation and hanging. If he hanged himself, I would expect some remnants of the ligature. Evidently he owned a gun.. There is a youtube video of his room, and of Gabby holding the gun and blowing on it (like cowboys did after a shoot out)

What a mess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information