Dancing With the Stars - Season 30

MacMadame

Doing all the things
All these students had to pose for their purported sports
All the students didn't pose for sports. Many of them just had someone fix their SAT answers or even take the test for them. If you took the SAT, turned in your sheet, and left and then someone else fixed some of your answers, you could very well not know that happened. In fact, that was the case with Huffman and Macy's kid who was so excited by her SAT score and wanted to take it again to see if she could do even better.

Last edited:

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Exactly. That's the direction this show is taking. When you take away the fancy costumes and the effects, it makes it harder to hide your dancing skills too. I hope there aren't anymore dancers or judges testing positive, but I wouldn't mind seeing Tyra be replaced even if temporarily. Terry Crews would be fun to host.

screech

I hope there aren't anymore dancers or judges testing positive, but I wouldn't mind seeing Tyra be replaced even if temporarily. Terry Crews would be fun to host.
If we're going AGT hosts, get Nick Cannon! I always loved him as host of that show. While I enjoyed Terry Crews on B99, I don't love his comments around the Gabrielle Union situation.

Regarding the college admissions scandal, firstly, I absolutely do not agree with what these people did. However, when it hit the news I read a tweet or something by a child of a celebrity, who is also in the business. They said that even if not going to these extremes, the children of the wealthy already have an unfair advantage to 'play the game' when it comes to college admissions. That their parents were able to pay for top tutors prior to the SATs that the average person wouldn't be able to afford. That they were able to go to top private schools and receive a (theoretically) better education than people who can't afford it. So the wealthy are already able to in a way 'pay the way' into colleges, that just isn't as extreme as what those like Lori Loughlin did.

Lemonade20

If we're going AGT hosts, get Nick Cannon! I always loved him as host of that show. While I enjoyed Terry Crews on B99, I don't love his comments around the Gabrielle Union situation.

Regarding the college admissions scandal, firstly, I absolutely do not agree with what these people did. However, when it hit the news I read a tweet or something by a child of a celebrity, who is also in the business. They said that even if not going to these extremes, the children of the wealthy already have an unfair advantage to 'play the game' when it comes to college admissions. That their parents were able to pay for top tutors prior to the SATs that the average person wouldn't be able to afford. That they were able to go to top private schools and receive a (theoretically) better education than people who can't afford it. So the wealthy are already able to in a way 'pay the way' into colleges, that just isn't as extreme as what those like Lori Loughlin did.
Nick Cannon would be amazing! Especially with his style & sense of humour.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
All the students didn't pose for sports. Many of them just had someone fix their SAT answers or even take the test for them. If you took the SAT, turned in your sheet, and left and then someone else fixed some of your answers, you could very well not know that happened. In fact, that was the case with Huffman and Macy's kid who was so excited by her SAT score and wanted to take it again to see if she could do even better.
Yes, I forgot about the ones who rigged the SATs. And I agree with @screech that the wealthy have an advantage without cheating. For that matter someone like me, middle-class with parents who valued education, had an advantage too. The playing field is never level.

Lemonade20 said:
🍋🍋

I agree but Tom Bergeron would be even better.

screech

On AGT (whenever I did watch - it's not one of my regulars) he always seemed so up for anything, and seemed to enjoy interacting with the performers. He's carried that over a bit onto Masked Singer, but not with quite the same energy.
I'd rather see him treat the dance floor like a catwalk in his awesome clothes than Tyra in her unflattering monstrosities. I mean his footwear alone - he once wore diamond shoes worth over $2M on AGT (which were apparently later auctioned for charity)

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I agree but Tom Bergeron would be even better.
I still miss him.
Tyra in her unflattering monstrosities.
She seems to be dressing for her teenaged body and not the body she has now. Many times her outfit makes her very wide in the body while her head is made to seem as small as possible. The disproportion makes my eyes hurt. If you are going to have wide outfits, at least have wide hair! :lol:

screech

I still miss him.

She seems to be dressing for her teenaged body and not the body she has now. Many times her outfit makes her very wide in the body while her head is made to seem as small as possible. The disproportion makes my eyes hurt. If you are going to have wide outfits, at least have wide hair! :lol:
Haha my biggest thing is not so much what it does for her a body as a whole, but instead what it does for her shoulders. It often looks like she's wearing football player shoulder pads, that also seem to bring her shoulders up to her ears. If she was a contestant on ANTM, she would be providing herself with a lot of criticism.
I wonder if it's because she's not as slender as she used to be, so she's padding her top half to make her waist seem slimmer to give herself more of an hourglass shape. Her body is great as it is, but whatever she is dressing in makes it seem worse than it is. I mean, look how much better she looked in few these outfits from last season that aren't padded to high hell, or skintight.
34319560-8833517-image-m-80_1602564670954.jpg

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Haha my biggest thing is not so much what it does for her a body as a whole, but instead what it does for her shoulders. It often looks like she's wearing football player shoulder pads, that also seem to bring her shoulders up to her ears. If she was a contestant on ANTM, she would be providing herself with a lot of criticism.
I wonder if it's because she's not as slender as she used to be, so she's padding her top half to make her waist seem slimmer to give herself more of an hourglass shape. Her body is great as it is, but whatever she is dressing in makes it seem worse than it is. I mean, look how much better she looked in few these outfits from last season that aren't padded to high hell, or skintight.
Yes, the proportions are much better in these.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
She looked better then because she's bigger now than she was last season. But she's not dressing for her now body. It's hard to believe she was ever a model. And what was that 2nd outfit Monday night? Her breasts looked as big around as dinner plates. :yikes:

Lemonade20

She looked better then because she's bigger now than she was last season. But she's not dressing for her now body. It's hard to believe she was ever a model. And what was that 2nd outfit Monday night? Her breasts looked as big around as dinner plates. :yikes:
It was meant to be Britney Spears with the yellow snake but it looks awful. I love the green color but lose the gold snake.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
It's fine that Tyra is shaped more like a normal person than like a supermodel, but the cut of those costumes just isn't flattering to her body shape. It's like the costumer doesn't know how to design for non-model-sized women.

Lemonade20

It's fine that Tyra is shaped more like a normal person than like a supermodel, but the cut of those costumes just isn't flattering to her body shape. It's like the costumer doesn't know how to design for non-model-sized women.
Pretty sure Tyra dressed herself, she should know better but thinks she's still in her 20s. No one would dare say anything to her because she's an EP

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Pretty sure Tyra dressed herself, she should know better but thinks she's still in her 20s. No one would dare say anything to her because she's an EP

TBH judging by a lot of the outfits this week, I think the costumers must have been POed at many of the show's participants. Even some of the outfits for the super-fit dancers were not flattering or well made either.

Lemonade20

TBH judging by a lot of the outfits this week, I think the costumers must have been POed at many of the show's participants. Even some of the outfits for the super-fit dancers were not flattering or well made either.
It's curious isn't it? If they cut Tyra's fashion budget, I'm sure we'll see much better costumes for the dancers

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Isn't self-isolation supposed to be 14 days?
Depends. The current thinking is 14 days if you have any symptoms, 10 days for unvaccinated with no symptoms, and 7 for fully vaccinated with no symptoms. Apparently, the viral load drops off really quickly in vaccinated people. Of course, most workplaces also require 2 negative PCR tests before contact with others.

screech

Was hugely impressed with Melora and agreed with them being in the lead. I found Jojo a bit overmarked - it seemed like she was playing catch up to Jenna a few times IMO.
I also agreed with Jimmie getting the mickey bonus. They integrated it really well into their paso doble.
Seems really early in the season for them to do 2 different routines in one week, but I think a villains night will be interesting. First songs that popped into my head are 'Poor Unfortunate Souls' (which Rumer Willis did well during her season's Disney week), and 'Be Prepared' from Lion King. And 'Mother Knows Best' from Tangled. I'm sure we'll have Val or Gleb showboating as Gaston, though.

BaileyCatts

Nope, Jenna. :) She and JoJo did a nice job. Wow, even Len liked it!
Missed it by that much. :rofl:

I'm really impressed with how well Olivia Jade is doing for someone who has no dance experience. At least I think she doesn't have any experience? I would not be surprised to see her in the Top 3, plus she's got the Val fans in her corner so that helps as well. She's doing quite well.

I'm meh on the whole Mickey Dance Challenge thing. So unnecessary and that dance break looked so awkward in some of the dances. Jimmie was definitely the winner on that part though.

Suni is doing so well but she still needs to be a bit more expressive and open. She's still getting all my 10 votes but it feels like she is still holding back a little. I hope Sasha can help her bring more of personality out to shine. I think that could make all the difference and turn those 8's into all 9's (and 10's! :D )!

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Missed it by that much. :rofl:

I'm really impressed with how well Olivia Jade is doing for someone who has no dance experience. At least I think she doesn't have any experience? I would not be surprised to see her in the Top 3, plus she's got the Val fans in her corner so that helps as well. She's doing quite well.

I'm meh on the whole Mickey Dance Challenge thing. So unnecessary and that dance break looked so awkward in some of the dances. Jimmie was definitely the winner on that part though.

Suni is doing so well but she still needs to be a bit more expressive and open. She's still getting all my 10 votes but it feels like she is still holding back a little. I hope Sasha can help her bring more of personality out to shine. I think that could make all the difference and turn those 8's into all 9's (and 10's! :D )!
I don’t trust that Olivia doesn’t have experience. Her parents probably hired a secret instructor the minute she was in consideration for being cast. :skandal (Joking-kind of).

BaileyCatts

Not gonna deny that I didn't have that thought as well. ;) But even if she did, she really is doing a good job. Val and Sasha are definitely the best teachers (at least in my book) in getting the best out of their Stars.

screech

Last night I noticed that Suni doesn't really have any knee band when she dances.

Also, seeing the intro tonight, are Suni and Sasha doing Hocus Pocus? Looks like Winifred and Binx...

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I’m loving villain night and we get my ultimate favorite, Halloween night soon. Likely explains why I will never not love a Dracula program. Give me the drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information