Netflix/Prime/Hulu/BritBox Binge Watching: Coronavirus Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cachoo

On Netflix I watched the “Untold” episode about the mob boss who gifted his 17 yr old son a minor league hockey team in Danbury. Conn. At first I loathed these people. But eventually I found myself rooting for them. It was a truly surprising experience for me. Has anyone else watched it? I’d love to see your reaction.

manhn

I watched Afterlife of the Party, starring Victoria Justice. It’s corny but a well done piece of corniness. One of those comfort food movies.

skatemomaz

Resist
On Netflix I watched the “Untold” episode about the mob boss who gifted his 17 yr old son a minor league hockey team in Danbury. Conn. At first I loathed these people. But eventually I found myself rooting for them. It was a truly surprising experience for me. Has anyone else watched it? I’d love to see your reaction.
I watched it and has a similar reaction. Still didn’t like the over the top violence but the son really grew on me

manhn

Finished Midnight Mass. I have never seen the filmmaker’s work before. I am not much for horror/suspense, but I liked the slow build, the creation of the town. Some great performances, especially Zach Gilford. But I was kinda disappointed by the outcome, and the reveal of the mysteries. And so many monologues. But good.

Yehudi

AITA
Woke up at 3:30, couldn’t fall back to sleep, watched many saints of Newark.

Did not expect Uncle Junior to have ordered the hit on Dickie. But it fits with Junior’s paranoia.

wickedwitch

I now just finished The Chair. I watched because it stars Sandra Oh, but the show ended up being about the stereotypical middle aged white male charming but irresponsible professor. Ugh. Too bad.
???? I thought she was clearly the focus. It felt very, very realistic to me, possibly even too much so, because it made me a tad uncomfortable.

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed
???? I thought she was clearly the focus. It felt very, very realistic to me, possibly even too much so, because it made me a tad uncomfortable.

I agree. We almost didn't watch, Spousal Unit having 40 years in academia (and six as a chair), so we weren't anxious to relieve the working past,:) but I definitely found Sandra Oh to be the focus.

I thought Bill came across as irresponsible and needing to grow up and and really irritating. Like really. So maybe I was just ignoring that character. ;)

LeafOnTheWind

Just when I think I've seen every story concept imaginable for Halloween someone comes up with something even weirder. Amazon Prime has a bingo game from hell and a senior citizen needs to go on a killing rampage to rid the bingo hall of evil.

Cachoo

Watching The Way Down: God, Greed, and the Cult of Gwen Shamblin on HBO Max
Talk about a woman not empowering other women—and the poor children suffered as well. And I as watched this cult’s history a recurring question: What in God’s name is with this woman’s hair? It should have it’s own Facebook page.

I also watched “The Women and the Murderer” from France about a serial killer and how he was captured. Netflix

Last edited:

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Binge watched MAID. Enjoyed it.

Then I looked to see what was new on Netflix this week and saw Diana, the Musical. And I thought what a strange idea for a musical so I thought well let's check this train wreck out and got through about 10 minutes (during which I debated about 3 times if I should stop). I made it through 10 minutes and I just can't understand who thought this was a good topic for a musical. And apparently this will still be shown on Broadway? And if anyone is considering buying tickets to see this, watch the first 10 minutes on Netflix and save yourself some money.

eta... I also watched "The Guilty". I saw the Danish original "Den Skyldige" a few years ago and thought it was much better. Pretty sure I saw that on Netflix as well so if you can watch that instead.

Sparks

And I as watched this cult’s history a recurring question: What in God’s name is with this woman’s hair? It should have it’s own Facebook page.
Right? We will never know what or who she had under that hair

Judy

Just when I think I've seen every story concept imaginable for Halloween someone comes up with something even weirder. Amazon Prime has a bingo game from hell and a senior citizen needs to go on a killing rampage to rid the bingo hall of evil.
😂😂😂

Judy

Sat down and watched Schumacher tonight. To nobody's surprise, I give it a big tissue box warning.

It's good - it probably could have been twice the length without hurting anything. The main focus was really the years leading up to that first Ferrari title. There's some great early footage, and some outstanding interview footage from just after the death of Senna, and the way Michael talks hurts a lot in hindsight.

But the last 10-15 minutes...

Corinna and Mick do not say Michael's exact condition. Corinna's last words in the film are that "Michael always protected us. Now we are protecting him." But the wording, the way it is described...if you can stay dry-eyed when Mick talks about how he wishes he could talk to his father in the language of motorsport they now share, then you have no heart. There are some small positives: Corinna tells us he still shows her his strength every day, that he likes for the family to continue with their lives, that he is here, but different. Still, it is evident that there will never be a time when we see Michael sitting in the back of Mick's pit, smiling his crooked smile and casting his eye over Mick's setup.

Apparently, however, some publications (Daily Telegraph in the UK being one) are marking the doco down because there are no details. Vultures. :rolleyes:
It's really tragic what happened. There is no doubt that he is just being kept alive but likely brain dead. i would hate that.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I finished Yellowstone and I’m SO happy I didn’t binge it until now since S4 premieres next month. It would have been torture waiting over a year after that cliffhanger! I’m watching all the Stories from the Bunkhouse videos on YouTube and they are so fun. The bunkhouse crew adds so much fun and humor to the show itself. Ryan is 😍 and I have such a soft spot for Jimmy.

clairecloutier

We started watching The Bureau, a French spy thriller, on Sundance Now. So far it's just okay. I think I was expecting something like The Americans, but this show has a lot less action and a lot more meetings and talk. The characters are okay, but none of them are really pulling me in yet. We're only in the first season, so I'm wondering if it will pick up as it goes on.

Squid Game sounds like ... not my thing.

Cachoo

Binge watched Squid Game over the weekend and wow. Brutal, but gripping.
I was confused about one aspect of the game: When the contestants choose to come back for game two and beyond do they understand how many will actually win the money?

annie720

We started watching The Bureau, a French spy thriller, on Sundance Now. So far it's just okay. I think I was expecting something like The Americans, but this show has a lot less action and a lot more meetings and talk. The characters are okay, but none of them are really pulling me in yet. We're only in the first season, so I'm wondering if it will pick up as it goes on.

Squid Game sounds like ... not my thing.
We LOVED The Bureau and watched the entire series. One of my all-time favorites. ❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information